Reality is setting in

Reality is setting in

• The fact that it's going to be long year is setting in on the players and rumbles are occurring. In an article in The Athletic, players complain about Beilein and his college mindset in a professional situation. It also says players are going to the assistants, mainly JB Bickerstaff, to avoid dealing with Beilein.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-cavaliers-players-unhappy-with-john-beileins-college-coaching-style-190257839.html

• Discussion
  • This goes back to the hiring of Blatt.....players respect people who have already cut their teeth and "done their time in the league". If the players have voiced these concerns to Bickerstaff and other coaches then the GM needs to sit down with the coaching staff and address it.....not say "change it up" but say "take a close at what you're doing and see if there's some wiggle room to meet the players half way". The key here is not only are the vets complaining but so are the the youngsters (the group the FO specifically brought him in to deal with). But losing breeds "gripe sessions". I said before the season began that the key to Berlein's approach will be his ability to navigate the team's psyche through the losses....especially blowouts.

• The good news is that Woj reports that the front office is going to face reality and listen to offers for Love. I think they will be disappointed with the offers they receive, but it only takes one team to be convinced Love is their answer to get a deal done. I've also seen a couple mentions of TT to Toronto, although the expected return of Anunoby + salary filler does nothing for me.