The What If Game

The What If Game

• Let's say for instance that Kyrie never wanted out of Cleveland and LeBron decided to resign and retire with the Cavs. What do you think there chances would be to win a championship? I mean, Golden State, at least for this year, have no chance. Would we get past Milwaukee? Philly?

• Discussion
  • They'd be the favorite, any team with LBJ and a decent supporting cast would have a shot. Put him with Kyrie and they'd be the favorite unless they came across another super team.
    What's incredible is there's a good shot that after this week the 2 worst records in the NBA will belong to teams who met in the finals 18 months earlier.

This post was edited by dms1964 1 month ago

• Kerrfor3 said... (original post) Let's say for instance that Kyrie never wanted out of Cleveland and LeBron decided to resign and retire with the Cavs. What do you think ther...

If Kyrie stayed we wouldn't have Clarkson and Nance. We wouldn't have received the Sixers pick that we used to draft Sexton. We wouldn't have drafted high enough last year to get Garland. As far as I can tell the team would be Kyrie, LeBron, Love, TT, and Cedi, which is a great starting lineup, especially the way TT's offensive game is emerging. I have no idea who would be on the bench.

No J.R. Smith or Channing Frye. We'd have Delly. With all the money tied up in the starters I don't know who we could have signed to fill out the rotation. Maybe some guys would have taken discounts to go for a title with Love, LeBron, and Kyrie. Maybe we'd still have Kyle Korver.

We'd definitely win a lot of games but the playoffs would depend on whether Love and LeBron could stay healthy despite playing massive minutes in the 82.

• Kerrfor3 said... (original post) Let's say for instance that Kyrie never wanted out of Cleveland and LeBron decided to resign and retire with the Cavs. What do you think ther...

We would get our second “chip”. With Love, KI and LBJ we would still be the lead dog in the East and I don’t see any other team in the West handling us! Although a Finals meeting with a Leonard/PG Clips team would be hard to call.

• BTW I was watching clips of Bronny Jr’s first high school and his first bucket was a three pointer and I notice he has much better shooting form than his dad....:)

This post was edited by blkmagic00 1 month ago

• If Kyrie would have stayed and LBJ was still here. I think we win the 2018 Championship. In 2019 I think our Finals run would have ended. Toronto would have beaten us. They were playing great. This year would be hard. I think there's a lot more well rounded teams than in years past.