Game 74: CBJ and Flyers...2PM Start

Game 74: CBJ and Flyers...2PM Start

• I expect we will see Superman in net again today.  We need a regulation win if we are gonna stay in the conversation for 1st.  Otherwise we coast a little so we are well rested for that first round matchup as the #3 seed.

• Discussion
  • Superman appeared!

• indeed he did

• LOL!

Superman!?!?!?

I hear Bobs using Mighty Mouse's line, "Here I am to save the day...."

Hart finalist!?!?!?

• BlueJacketsFanwPSL wrote:

LOL!

Superman!?!?!?

I hear Bobs using Mighty Mouse's line, "Here I come to save the day...."

Hart finalist!?!?!?

Fixed it for ya ;)  He deserves some Hart consideration but only one G  has won it since 2002-2003 and only four since 1962-1963.  I think the bar is higher for them because they already get the Vezina.

• Price in 2014-2015
    • Theodore in 2001-2002
    • Hasek twice in 1996-1997 and 1997-1998
    • Plante in 1961-1962
    • Al Rollins 1953-1954
    • Chuck Rayner 1949-1950
    • Roy Worters 1928-1929

That's some rare air!

• I root for him to just be a finalist....that'd be a win in my view.

• if he dominates in the playoffs and the jackets win the cup he would have to be a strong candidate

• I assume voting is done before the playoffs...because playoffs are not supposed to influence the vote.

• Sergei Bobrovsky finished fifth in Hart Trophy voting when he won the Vezina Trophy in 2012-13.

Carol Schram of Bleacher Report made an interesting comment. She said that while the NHL is trying to emphasize scoring in the league...the last thing they really want is for a G to win the Hart two of the last three years.

Of course it is not up to the NHL...the voting is done by the Pro Hockey Writers Association.

• riiiiiiiiiiiight..... and the MLB has nothing to do with Rose not being voted into the HOF.

Where's Oliver Stone!?!?!?!

• lol

• Love it.