GDT 65: NJ @ NWA

GDT 65: NJ @ NWA

• We've been experiencing some adversity with injuries and still playing strong.

It's not just the goaltending either.  We're playing offense throughout the game.  There's so letting up on offense when we're up a couple.

Good times.

• Discussion
  • This will be my first ever game ON THE GLASS! I'll be in the corner on the shoot twice end probably wearing my 3rd jersey.

• Have a great time! Andy out and Hannikainen back in. Tina recalled yet again but I doubt he plays.

• Just like the last one. Skate right past them.

Then Sabres for a b2b.

I know we've strived for staying in the moment but sweeping the week should happen if we play to our ability. Need to take ours.

Let's get a win streak rolling again.

• As of 5:00 pm Hannikienen still with Monsters according to AHL transactions and roster page. I don't know if Tynan gets a chance, but it would be cool if he does. I am thinking he is the emergency guy. I just saw his instagram picture of his locker and people were wishing him luck in his debut so who knows.

• If you are looking for a guy to fill Andy's role, Hannikainen seems like a better fit but yeah...all the Twitter feeds have Tynan getting his first start.  Wish the kid the best of luck tonight!  I think it is a good message to send the kids in Cleveland that if you work hard and keep your head down in Cleveland you can eventually get your look in Columbus.

• Quincey sits and Nuti back in.

• They just said on the pregame Quincey is playing and Murray is out. He left the ice early, may be sick. Anderson out 7-10 days.

• 3 in a row for Bobs.

Ollie with another really nice goal after a better pass from Gags.

Cam gets an open netter for his 30.

• Bobs is in a zone...3 GAs in last 151 shots. Team struggled offensively last night against a not good backup goalie but defensively did a nice job preventing Devils from getting second chances.

Excited by OB but trying to keep expectations in check a bit. We saw this a few years ago from Dano and he's not been able to repeat it since.

Thought Tynan was alright. Played harder than his 5'8" frame suggests.

Looking forward to the two days off.

• I agree that Tynan was noticeable...in a good way.  I thought Nuti played well and OB finished.

...and our goalie was pretty good too.

• I thought the game was a snoozer. It looked like the CBJ were playing their 4th game in 4 nights. The Devils outplayed us, but Bob kept us in it and allowed us to pull out the W. Hopefully, I'll get to do a little more flag waving at the cannon on Fridaynight.

• BS, two days rest and Buffalo coming to town. Don't wanna sound over-confident but I like our chances. Expecting we see Bobs Friday, Korpi Saturday and then Bobs Monday in Philly.

Actually...assuming no surprises, I have the goalie schedule worked out through the end of the month. Forward this to Torts :)

3/7: Bobs vs Devils
    3/10: Bobs vs Sabres
    3/11: Korpi @ Sabres (back to back)
    3/13: Bobs @ Flyers
    3/16: Bobs vs Panthers
    3/18: Korpi @ Isles
    3/19: Bobs @ Devils (back to back)
    3/22: Korpi vs Leafs
    3/23: Bobs @ Caps (back to back)
    3/25: Bobs vs Flyers
    3/28: Bobs vs Sabres
    3/30: Korpi @ Canes
    3/31" Bobs @ Hawks (back to back)

Bobs: 8 more this month
    Korpi: 4 more this month

Note: If Korpi is playing real well and the playoff race allows we can give Korpi the 3/25 game vs Flyers without changing the rest of the schedule making it 7-5 and giving Bobs even more rest for the playoffs.

• What is the record for the most shut outs in a row by a goalie??

• According to Wikipedia:

Alex Connell: In the 1927–28 season he set the NHL record for the longest shutout streak at 461:29, by recording six consecutive shutouts, from January 31 to February 18, 1928.  His 1.91 career GAA is the all-time record among goaltenders of his era. He was inducted into the Hockey Hall ofFame in 1958.

Supposedly the modern record is 332:01 and five consecutive shutouts by Brian Boucher during the 2003-2004 season.  You can read about it here: http://www.fiveforhowling.com/2013/1/17/3761850/brian-bouchers-nhl-record-shutout-streak.  Its an interesting story considering he was the backup.  What's most amazing about Boucher's streak is that other than the streak...he had a below average career 120-139-30 (ties) and 15 (OTLs) with a 2.71 GAA and .901 Save Percentage.  You would have figured Hasek, Balfour, Brodeur, or someone better but nope...Brian Boucher.

So Bobs is at approximately 180:00 minutes.  Its amazing what he has accomplished but he has 2 1/2 more shutouts to go to match Boucher.  He doesn't even have the longest streak for this season...think Dubnyk does.  Crazy he'd be at 240:00 if it hadn't been for the OT power play goal by the Habs last Tuesday.

Edit: AP reports Bobs is second on CBJlist behind Mase who has a 200:00 streak.

• DoggyII wrote:

According to Wikipedia:

Alex Connell: In the 1927–28 season he set the NHL record for the longest shutout streak at 461:29, by recording six consecutive shutouts, from January 31 to February 18, 1928.  His 1.91 career GAA is the all-time record among goaltenders of his era. He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1958.

Supposedly the modern record is 332:01 and five consecutive shutouts by Brian Boucher during the 2003-2004 season.  You can read about it here: http://www.fiveforhowling.com/2013/1/17/3761850/brian-bouchers-nhl-record-shutout-streak.  Its an interesting story considering he was the backup.  What's most amazing about Boucher's streak is that other than the streak...he had a below average career 120-139-30 (ties) and 15 (OTLs) with a 2.71 GAA and .901 Save Percentage.  You would have figured Hasek, Balfour, Brodeur, or someone better but nope...Brian Boucher.

So Bobs is at approximately 180:00 minutes.  Its amazing what he has accomplished but he has 2 1/2 more shutoutsto go to match Boucher.  He doesn't even have the longest streak for this season...think Dubnyk does.  Crazy he'd be at 240:00 if it hadn't been for the OT power play goal by the Habs last Tuesday.

Edit: AP reports Bobs is second on CBJ list behindMase who has a 200:00 streak.

Thanks Doggy. I guess I was too lazy to goggle it myself.biggrin
  • BigSwoll61 wrote: I thought the game was a snoozer. It looked like the CBJ were playing their 4th game in 4 nights. The Devils outplayed us, but Bob kept us in it and allowed us to pull out the W. Hopefully, I'll get to do a little more flag waving at the cannon on Friday night.

Not when you have glass seats!

NJ is a snoozer team, but given the last game against them and the backup G, I was really thinking a 4-1 type game was in the offering but well,I tend to pick the boring games this year.

And what happened to the #1 PP team? Most PP shifts are lucky to even get a SOG.

• Yes, all games are exciting with glass seats, or the first couple rows. I love the action and seeing the expressions on the players faces. I feel more into the game sitting close. Anyway, I like low scoring close games being a fan of goaltenders and defense, so I liked this game. The high scoring games are fun if they are close, but I don't care for the lack of defense, that's probably why I hate all star games. Watching Bob play when he is on is awesome. Would have loved to have been at the Montrealgame with Price and Bob having the games they did. I think there is some really good goalies playing right now and that makes the game so much better. I don't know if Bob will get the record but I hope he makes a good run at it, the Jackets D seems to beplaying well.