GDT 76: CBJ @ Carolina

GDT 76: CBJ @ Carolina

• So if Bobs is Superman, is Korpi Underdog?

I'd expect Korpi tonight and Bobs tomorrow.

But I'm feeling good about this game.  I think we're scoring 4 goals to win!

• Discussion
  • Korpi is Jack Jack :)

• I don't like playing these guys. Another big and heavy team that slows us down.

Kind of game Boone and Dubi need to show up for.

We need to win out. I play Bobs until we lose one.

• buckoff10 wrote:

I don't like playing these guys. Another big and heavy team that slows us down.

Kind of game Boone and Dubi need to show up for.

We need to win out. I play Bobs until we lose one.

I wish Bobs could handle it, but I want an in the groove Bobs and not an exhausted one.  Korpi needs to get some work, hope to improve for next year

• Well played game so far. Both teams had surges and the tenders stepped up. Canes gotta hope Skinner can continue if not that's a huge boost for you guys. Skinner has been the hottest player in the league over the last few weeks and a massive part of the Canes streak. After one we have goose eggs. Go Canes.

• Korpi is playing really well.

• Yes

Jack %^^#^%^#+ Johnson!!

1-0

• Korpi has been crazy good and of not for him it could easily be 4-1 Canes. Lots of chances after the 1st 10 minutes and he has stepped up. Had a feeling if the Canes didn't cash in on some of those chances you guys would get a goal. Canes have playedwell from behind we will see if they can dig out of this.

• Grrrr.

You guys should have won that one. I think advantage CBJ here in OT.

• Damn!!

Good game!!

• Jeff Skinner has absolutely been the best player in the NHL in the month of March he adds a goal and an assist here tonight. What a hell of a game. Watching these 2 teams play this type of game makes me feel good about the direction thr NHL is going.Carolina is the youngest team in the league and a few teams including you Jackets are in the top 5 of youngest teams. What a future the NHL has.

• dmnc94 wrote:

Jeff Skinner has absolutely been the best player in the NHL in the month of March

You mean right after Bobs :)

I missed the game tonight...had an obligation out of the house.  I'll take the one point...at least helps us stay ahead of Pens even if we don't catch the Caps.

• DoggyII wrote:

dmnc94 wrote:

Jeff Skinner has absolutely been the best player in the NHL in the month of March

You mean right after Bobs :)

I missed the game tonight...had an obligation out of the house. I'll take the one point...at least helps us stay ahead of Pens even if we don't catch the Caps.

Actually for the month that includes Bobs. Skinner is by far the best player on the highest scoring team in the league for the month of March. For the year sure Bob's is by far better, but not for this month.

• Bobs is what??? 9-0-2 for March? ...and I bet we scored 20 goals for him! What's Skinner's line for the month?

We'll see....I'll watch for the NHL stars of the month.

The game was kinduv what we've been getting. Great goaltending and a goal or two. I imagine it takes juice to play offense the way we started. I just can't imagine that we flip a switch in the playoffs and get back to it!

• 9-0-1 in ten March games with a 1.09 GAA and .969 Save Percentage and 4 shutouts. Of course there is one more game to go...we shall see what happens today.

As for the flipping a switch, I actually think Torts has a surprise up his sleeve and that this team has another gear we will see come playoff time. Yeah...I'm an optimist :)

• 16 games 12 goals 5 assists mix in a few game tying and a few game winning. Oh and and on the highest scoring team in the month.

BlueJacketsFanwPSL wrote:

Bobs is what??? 9-0-2 for March? ...and I bet we scored20 goals for him! What's Skinner's line for the month?

We'll see....I'll watch for the NHL stars of the month.

The game was kinduv what we've been getting. Great goaltending and a goal or two. I imagine it takes juice to play offense the way we started. I just can't imagine that we flip a switch in the playoffs and get back to it!

• From what I saw, CBJ left 2-3 goals on the ice. At least one off the post and a point blank miss by Saad, IIRC. That PP though....Jesus take the wheel!

• Carolina did too but Korpi was a monster last night. You guys have a great goalie in waiting. Carolina on the other hand well its their biggest need to make the next step. Parma native Alex Nedelijkovic is the best in their system and while he looked good in relief of Ward a few months ago against the jackets in Cbus his record and GAA in the lower leagues is not starter material yet.

Edwardson wrote:

From what I saw, CBJ left 2-3 goals on the ice. At least one off the post and a point blank miss by Saad, IIRC. That PP though....Jesus take the wheel!