GDT round 1, game 2

GDT round 1, game 2

• I am very excited about the game tonight.

The homer expects them to come out flying, get the first goal and hold on for a 1 goal win.  Not that it'll be 1-0, but it'll be tight the whole way.

Game 1 is absolutely more important to the home team.  So we'll see about game 2...I don't think we made them sweat enough.

• Discussion
  • Like everyone else, I was extremely encouraged by the 1st period. Then the 2nd period happened.... Hopefully no let downs tonight. The jitters are out, let's take it to 'em.

• Your optimism is so cute.

• Our skill players need to start creating offense. Simple as that!

• Is the series over now?

• Hitch always said a series doesn't start until someone loses a home game (or game seven). But yeah, I think we are done...this is gonna hurt a lot more than a couple years ago.

• As a jaded sports fan, I simply didn't expect any more than this.

• i know we are young and this has to be good experience for us.......but how do we get better from this?

Is the defense playing that poorly? bobs lost his mojo?

I know the biggest issue is our offense cant hit the braod side of a barnwith a puck right now

• i fully expect calvert to be suspended for not only his cross check but his shoulder/elbow to the head at the end of the game to kunhakel

• I turned off the game after the empty netter. Doesn't Torts' take some of the blame for putting his fourth line out there?  I mean...seems like Torts was trying to deliver a message and Calvert was just the deliver boy.  I don't believe in the "if you can't beat 'em...then beat 'em" mantra. Having only read about it and not seen it, it sounded like a classless move.

• it was...and he deserves the game he got today. he cross checked him and broke his stick on his back/shoulder, then while he was bent over in pain he skated around and elbowed/ hit his head.......my opinion he deserves more than a game

• This season was a huge success from a franchise standpoint. Really built a foundation and brought in new fans. Filled the bars and made news. This 2-3 matchup is just fing crap but that is alleviated by the fact that we simply haven't played well fora couple of weeks. The kids are mentally spent. Let some of this success percolate this summer and everybody come back stronger with a better idea of what a full season will take.

We've hit a wall. As disappointing as that is we checked off a lot of boxes this season and have a foundation of players that are buying into new expectations.

Everybody including myself thought they would suck but instead they provided some of the best hockey in franchise history....tying the all time win streak mark. Sweeping the NW road trip was a personal nugget. Torts is intact. We didn't again sell at the deadline. Lots of good and important steps for the CBJ finally.

That said...we win this today. Just off the vapors of our successful season. Fan hugone more time.

And Preds are all over the Hawks. Wow!!

• The Jackets lost 2 on the road to the defending champs. Don't be so down on them just yet. A day off and a trip home can do wonders in the playoffs

• They haven't played well in a month.

This isn't a two game snap shot. Splat!! CBJ meets wall. I'm certainly not down on them but I think that's the reality. Bunch of kids peaked at a very high level and couldn't sustain it because theyare kids in a man's league.

But we got a glimpse of what they can be and we saw it in Cleveland last year. That's all good. Big steps. Another horrid season may have sunk this franchise for good IMO. Fans had hit a wall. We stopped an ugly slide and found footing. Couldn't be happier for Columbus.

• buckoff10 wrote:

This season was a huge success from a franchise standpoint. Really built a foundation and brought in new fans. Filled the bars and made news. This 2-3 matchup is just fing crap but that is alleviated by the fact that we simply haven't played well for a couple of weeks. The kids are mentally spent. Let some of this success percolate this summer and everybody come back stronger with a better idea of what a full season will take.

We've hit a wall. Asdisappointing as that is we checked off a lot of boxes this season and have a foundation of players that are buying into new expectations.

Everybody including myself thought they would suck but instead they provided some of the best hockey in franchise history....tying the all time win streak mark. Sweeping the NW road trip was a personal nugget. Torts is intact. We didn't again sell at the deadline. Lots of good and important steps for the CBJ finally.

That said...we win this today. Just off the vapors of our successful season. Fan hug one more time.

And Preds are all over the Hawks. Wow!!

Thanks Buck.  everything you said was true.  It was a pretty big step, and by FAR and away this is the best season in our history.  I hope we blow them out today and its not even close.  I hope at some point all the hits we are laying on them wears them down and our youth prevails with the energy they have.

• buckoff10 wrote:

They haven't played well in a month.

This isn't a two game snap shot. Splat!! CBJ meets wall. I'm certainly not down on them but I think that's the reality. Bunch of kids peaked at a very highlevel and couldn't sustain it because they are kids in a man's league.

But we got a glimpse of what they can be and we saw it in Cleveland last year. That's all good. Big steps. Another horrid season may have sunk this franchise for good IMO. Fans had hit a wall. We stopped an ugly slide and found footing. Couldn't be happier for Columbus.

They great thing about a really young team is sometimes they are too dumb to know they are in a bad spot. Things went bad on the road. That was then this is now. We have seen with our own eyes trams come back from much bigger holes and in hockey it happens more often then other sports.

• Jackets played much better in game two. They were basically beaten by Fleury and Crosby. For large chunks of the game they were the better team. The Pens just dominate the centre of the ice. Look at what they have down the middle. I originally thought losing Letang would hurt them but Schultz has been stellar and the rest of their D are really playing some serious minutes. They aren't relying on a thin blueline like Chicago did with Keith on their cup runs. The playoff format is a joke. You guys should have been playing each other in the conference finals and that could have happened under the old format

• I expect this next 20 minutes of hockey to be the most exciting of the season. Certainly the most important.

See what we got.