GDTs 66 & 67: Sabres vs CBJ back to back

GDTs 66 & 67: Sabres vs CBJ back to back

• So...does Bob continue to roll? 

I'm wondering about a baseball cliché that speed never goes into a slump.  Does goaltending and defense go into a slump?  Well, my answer is yes, but d slumps are easier to break out of than scoring slumps.

I'm hoping our offense gets going tonight and keeps the puck out of our defensive zone.

Keep the streak alive.

C B J  C B J  C B J

• Discussion
  • My Prediction:

We give up a weird, fluky goal right at the beginning and then we go on to beat the snot out of them and win like 4-1. Of course I'd be satisfied with 4-0, too. 

• What's great is hearing the players talk about how Bob deserves it, and nobody works as hard as he does. He is sorta becoming legendary in his approach to his craft: watching film, working out and trying unconventional methods like working with a movement coach. (and his English is getting better too)

• Hopefully Buffalo is as useless as they were against the Pens earlier this week.

• Edwardson wrote:

What's great is hearing the players talk about how Bob deserves it, and nobody works as hard as he does. He is sorta becoming legendary in his approach to his craft: watching film, working out and trying unconventional methods like working with a movement coach. (and his English is getting better too)

Well yeah...he keeps getting first star of the game and has to sit and talk with Jody.  His English HAS to get better :)

• Didn't play well but at no time did Buffalo look like the better team. Games like that have always been inevitable against. Now they go our way.

Keep on keeping on Boone. Big boy goal.

• Sabres got off way too many shots. I think they missed Murray (I'm captain obvious). 

But good to see the Power Play come back to life. They needed it last night. 

And quietly...the penalty kill is creeping up the rankings as one of thebest in the NHL.

Only 3 behind the Caps.

• OK...Game Two...

That sucked! Up 3-0 after one period and lose 4-3 on a late third period goal? Just awful! Sure we got plenty of SOGs but this was old CBJ...not new CBJ. What happened to owning the third period of games?

This was four games vs the Devils and Sabres...should have gone 4-0. Instead we struggled in the last three games.

Washington lost but Pittsburgh won...they are now battling for #1 seed and we have slipped to #3 on our own.

• Just a case of crushing them in the 1st and heading toward the bus.

Lesson learned....still young. Took some painful pucks and sticks in that one.

That stop on Cam's shot at about 1:30 left was either amazing or very very lucky. I'm going with the latter as I saw it go in. Wait!! Divine intervention in Buffalo? Nah. Nobody goes to Buffalo in the winter.