Big Ten Cancels Fall Football (Maybe, Possibly)

Big Ten Cancels Fall Football (Maybe, Possibly)

• cousinosgerbil said... (original post)Come October and November my prediction is they'll be lots of second guessing backlash to anyone who pulled the plug in the summer. Thin...

I'm guessing you are incorrect. You never second guess decisions made for safety...it's always the correct one. As of now nothing is official, so maybe they will play.

• The fact that this has been reported by reputable sources yet is being denied by reputable sources reeks to me. As Vince Lombardi once said, "What the hell's going on out here?!"

I just think the news got out before they wanted it to.

• From the CDC - through the end of July the average number of deaths in the United states per day was 7434 in 2020. In 2017, there was more than 7700 deaths per day in the United States. We're canceling everything due to this death rate!

• Frbuck said... (original post)From the CDC - through the end of July the average number of deaths in the United states per day was 7434 in 2020. In 2017, there was more than 7700 ...

Is that true ? Less people died so far in 2020 than the same time period in 2017?

• Frbuck said... (original post)From the CDC - through the end of July the average number of deaths in the United states per day was 7434 in 2020. In 2017, there was more than 7700 ...

Link?
  • sotneb said... (original post)I'm guessing you are incorrect. You never second guess decisions made for safety...it's always the correct one. As of now nothing is official, so may...

Fair enough. Unfortunately what im witnessing everyday on TV, and in real life looks a little arbitrary as to what's considered "safe". Controlled environments seem well....more controlled. I could argue we make decisions all the time in regards to safety and in this case I'd proceed w a lot of caution, but proceed nonetheless. The statistics w young healthy people
  • Maybe the thread title should be updated?

• peeode said... (original post)Maybe the thread title should be updated?

Done

• mistero said... (original post)The country needs sports . These young people aren’t at any higher risk by playing them .

There are several good arguments for having the season. A blanket definitive statement like “the players aren’t at any higher risk by playing“ isn’t one of them.

• Thanks to all the Anti Maskers out there. You helped to contribute to this.

• FWIW, Espn is reporting that the college sports conferences are very worried about myocarditits as a complication of COVID-19

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29633697/heart-condition-linked-covid-19-fuels-power-5-concern-season-viability

This post was edited by donodawg 5 months ago

• OpiesGo said... (original post)Is that true ? Less people died so far in 2020 than the same time period in 2017?

Highly doubtful. Someone said the same thing last week and posted a link to the CDC that showed the exact opposite. There have been 200,000 "excess" deaths this year since March. Excess deaths are typically defined as the difference between the observed numbers of deaths in specific time periods and expected numbers of deaths in the same time periods. CDC doesn't mention 2017 per se, but uses "historical trends."

CDC website

A clearer explanation here

What’s funny is.....my agency just won a contract to dive into Covid states, 10 different agencies won contracts for non partisan studies. You don’t even wanna know how screwed the numbers actually are!!!!

I won’t say one way or another. But 96.8% of all Covid deaths are linked to counties ran by 1 specific party.

It’s almost sickening how fake the numbers truly are.

• OpiesGo said... (original post)Is that true ? Less people died so far in 2020 than the same time period in 2017?

Been true all year. Covid deaths are 100% BS

• bringbackjohnny said... (original post)Been true all year. Covid deaths are 100% BS

Wordsmithing confirms your statement is 100% BS
  • revjj said... (original post)Thanks to all the Anti Maskers out there. You helped to contribute to this.

Link?

• bringbackjohnny said... (original post)What’s funny is.....my agency just won a contract to dive into Covid states, 10 different agencies won contracts for non partisan studies. Y...

• Can we sign players if they cancel?

• They are absolutely going to flip flop tomorrow and postpone at worst

They did not expect this almost universal reaction from people today

And Day being on TV 30 seconds ago saying they look at playing for another conference?

They are running scared now

• @KirkHerbstreit
    To be clear regarding @B1Gfootball and their impending announcement-they are looking TO DELAY the start of the season NOT TO CANCEL.

• bringbackjohnny said... (original post)Been true all year. Covid deaths are 100% BS

Take your game somewhere else ********. It's not funny anymore. And hopefully you don't have to experience the harsh reality that it is real.

• Two down, eight to go - Mountain West is the second FBS conference to cancel fall football

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29635064/sources-mountain-west-postpone-fall-sports-season

• revjj said... (original post)Thanks to all the Anti Maskers out there. You helped to contribute to this.

***** you, your mask, and mike duhhhwine. If you want to wear a mask go for it pal. If your mask is so good me wearing one shouldn’t matter.

• In