Browns - Wild Card chances

Browns - Wild Card chances

• I wish people would stop focusing on actual numbers. Let me put it to you like this, IF the Browns finish 8-8 - ok.

What if the Browns finish 8-8 this year and the next 4 and have also finished at 8-8 the previous 5 years.

Forget the progress or lack thereof.

Focus on, do you view all 10 of those consecutive 8-8 seasons equally? Of course you don't.

Maybe 1 year they lost their starting QB early but still rallied and finished 8-8. Maybe another year they scored a bunch of offseason talent but just had some bad luck and finished...8-8. Maybe 2 of those years, 8-8 got you into the playoffs where you maybe even won a playoff game (or more!). Maybe another year you lost considerable talent to free agency or injury or suspension (gotta include that in today's NFL) and they still made a valiant effort to finish 8-8.

Do you feel the exact same about all 10 of those 8-8 seasons? Of course you wouldn't, even though the end result numbers are the same.

So please stop it, this isnt progress and I don't care if technically it is after winning 7 last year. It's NOT.

• BrownsTown said... (original post) I wish people would stop focusing on actual numbers. Let me put it to you like this, IF the Browns finish 8-8 - ok.What if the Browns finish 8-8 ...

Maybe one of those 8-8 years the Browns had a rookie HC and a difficult, front-loaded schedule.

This post was edited by Ole1Sock 1 month ago

• Juju has re-aggravated his knee injury and won't play Sunday. Could have impact on Puke vs. Bills

• Ole1Sock said... (original post) Maybe one of those 8-8 years the Browns has a rookie HC and a difficult, front-loaded schedule.

Nah..couldnt be! Browns shoulda won the super bowl this year! shrug
  • BrownsTown said... (original post) I wish people would stop focusing on actual numbers. Let me put it to you like this, IF the Browns finish 8-8 - ok.What if the Browns finish 8-8 ...

I think something did happen like this for the Jeff Fisher Oilers/Titans in the '90s. They finished 8-8 or thereabouts from '95 to '98 and then went to the SB in '99.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post) Maybe one of those 8-8 years the Browns has a rookie HC and a difficult, front-loaded schedule.

Touche