Cabot: Browns willing to let LB Joe Schobert walk in free agency

Cabot: Browns willing to let LB Joe Schobert walk in free agency

• oasis05 said... (original post) Not my kind of linebacker. Browns need a zach thomas at mlb that kills on impact.

Oh well, I'm sure they'll just run right out and pick one up at the nearest 7-11. It is that easy to find someone like that, right? Right? Right...

• Bloody Mary at it again?

I'd say it depends on who your replacing him with,or teaming him with....

I'm not a fan of wilkes .

• Dorsey didn’t draft linebackers last year because he plans on paying veterans big money at the position.

• And the troglodytes continue to believe Mary Kay's fake news.

• Fo Sho ....

Joe is still on the upswing ... he’s only going to get better!

He’s obviously very coachable ....

• Writerdawg said... (original post) Oh well, I'm sure they'll just run right out and pick one up at the nearest 7-11. It is that easy to find someone like that, right? Ri...

Plus it’s NFL 2019. The days of the no coverage skills thumper were over 20 years ago.

• oasis05 said... (original post) Not my kind of linebacker. Browns need a zach thomas at mlb that kills on impact.

Zach Thomas wouldnt see the field in todays game.

• BrownsAreADisease said... (original post) He would probably start for at least 25-30 other teams

I think you would be surprised, it would be more like 5 - 10 teams at most.

He's a great guy, and very smart , but not a good athelete, and not a good tackler.

Things you need from a starting MLB.

He'll be starting next year somewhere, because one of those 5 teams will sign him.

• Apropos to being a Browns fan?

• Yup, the leader of the defense who does nothing but make plays, and is only 26 years old. Who needs a guy like that.

• stellardawg said... (original post) I think you would be surprised, it would be more like 5 - 10 teams at most.He's a great guy, and very smart , but not a good athelete, and not ...

This is ridiculous. He's a top shelf coverage lb and that is far more important in today's game than this Zach Thomas prototype bs. It's like some of you haven't watched football in 15 years or more.

Failing to resign Schobert opens up yet another hole to fill in an off-season where we already need to find AT LEAST 4-5 starting/major rotation players. Schobert is a top 10-15 MLB in today's NFL, he should be locked up.
  • BrownsAreADisease said... (original post) He would probably start for at least 25-30 other teams

I think Joe “directs traffic “ when he’s out there. And isn’t he a team captain ? Or is team captain just a label in this day and age of free-agency ? Idk.

• Chopper9 said... (original post) Yea, why would you want a really good and smart player who is coming into his prime on the team?High character and quality human beings are so ann...

Especially a guy that just keeps getting better every year.

• StarboardBowWow said... (original post) But not the price Dorsey is willing to pay. I don't think he values Joe Schobert the same way that others do.

Well hopefully the dipsh!t learned his lesson with the O-Line and he doesnt create another massive hole before having a legitimate replacement.

• Hopefully Mary Kay dingdong is wrong yet again.

• It seems that Dorsey has gone into hiding or something since the media lovefest ended when the Browns pooped the bed. I'm sure Dorsey will work something out once he gets back in the country.

• So the announcement of his extension should come any day now?

• How about they let Dorsey walk instead?

Out of idle curiosity, what year do you think it is?

• dl72fan said... (original post) Yup, the leader of the defense who does nothing but make plays, and is only 26 years old. Who needs a guy like that.

Yep big mistake letting him walk! We’ll see what’s what!!!

• He’s the one guy who generally plays smart on a team that generally plays dumb

• Deal should’ve been done a long time ago before it came to this. I thought you built rosters through the draft? Continuity and all the crap.. Guy is talent grown in house. It must be a Sashi thing is all I can figure. Don’t get me wrong, I’d like a bigger thumper at the position. But that guy isn’t on the roster. Joe earned an extension and is getting the shaft. Nice message to the younger guys.

• Story by MKC - plan the opposite of what she says.

• This team is making it easier for me to ignore.

• CLErocks said... (original post) Definitely a team kind of guy, but IMO, he's far from excellent. At best, he's a rotational or depth player who happens to be starting a...

REALLY?! rotational guy? He will most likely be pro bowl this year with his stats.

the arrogant jerks who routinely post in this forums are unbelievable sometimes. Depth guy? Seriously? Please explain.

what are your qualifications? Former player/coach in the NFL?, college? if your just another armchair guy who played in high school then your probably incorrect with that assessment.

and if your wondering, I coached high school varsity football for 10 years. So I feel confident in saying that his play this season has been very good. Elite? No, but worthy of some accolades and a decent new contract.