Cabot: Kitchens talks to Rashard Higgins

Cabot: Kitchens talks to Rashard Higgins

• Discussion
  • What they've done to this guy is a shame. Hodge doesn't do anything right on the football field, but there he is, snap after snap. Higgins catches the ball. He blocks. He does things right.

• "He was active for the Seahawks game a week later, but when given an opportunity to enter the game in the fourth quarter, he declined, a source told cleveland.com"

This makes it sound like it's between Higgins and Freddie, not Dorsey. When did he decline to go in, if in fact he did so? On special teams?

• oblong said... (original post) "He was active for the Seahawks game a week later, but when given an opportunity to enter the game in the fourth quarter, he declined, a source ...

This is old news. Reported weeks ago

• XUDawg said... (original post) What they've done to this guy is a shame. Hodge doesn't do anything right on the football field, but there he is, snap after snap. Higgins ...

He has the reputation of doing everything right on special teams.

• Was his knee stiff after siting all day, was it in his and the teams best interest, physically, to not go in?

Was he pouting?

• DawgEatDawg said... (original post) He has the reputation of doing everything right on special teams.

Ok. Other than a pedantic criticism of my post, what does that have to do with him getting snaps over Higgins?

It's not eighth grade football, where you reward the no talent assclown because he's such a hard worker. Higgins works hard too.

This is about money. Not about winning football games.

• DawgEatDawg said... (original post) This is old news. Reported weeks ago

Old news, but one thing you don't do is decline to go in when asked. I dont blame Kitchens one bit. Lucky he's still on the team.
  • DawgEatDawg said... (original post) He has the reputation of doing everything right on special teams.

Hodge is a very special teamer
    And when given the opportunity he has made some plays
    Special teams seems to be a high consideration for back of the depth chart guys here - as it should be
    I like Rashard but in context of everything this season it's not surprised he is in the doghouse
  • JAG.

And now that Hunts available it comes down to whether we want Hunt in the game or a marginal WR.

A true no-brainer.

• marktroy said... (original post) JAG. And now that Hunts available it comes down to whether we want Hunt in the game or a marginal WR. A true no-brainer.

The third wr spot had definitely taken a lesser role because of hunt as I do believe the importance of special teams
  • I don’t really know what the problem is but what I do know is Freddie seems to have a lot of problems with his players.

Usually when some version of something keeps happening to someone (Freddie) it’s because of something that someone (Freddie) is doing wrong.

• JackTBurton said... (original post) Hodge is a very special teamerAnd when given the opportunity he has made some playsSpecial teams seems to be a high consideration for back of t...

They are both dressing. It's not like Higgins is an inactive because they need Hodge on special teams.

And when you know our protection issues mean we are running a bunch of bubble screens and slants, Higgins' blocking would make a world of difference. Every game you see one of Landry or Jenkins looking at Hodge because he has completely whiffed on a block on a quick look that would have had a chance if he didn't get wrecked out there.

• marktroy said... (original post) JAG. And now that Hunts available it comes down to whether we want Hunt in the game or a marginal WR. A true no-brainer.

Yes, a JAG, but one that Baker had chemistry with, had pretty good hands, and seemed to be in the right spot when Baker let it loose. A shame he was injured, we really could have used him the first half, especially after Njoku went down.

If Higgins is a JAG then what is Hodge or Ratley? Are they better than him?

This post was edited by JerrySherk 1 month ago

• BLUEDREAM said... (original post) I don’t really know what the problem is but what I do know is Freddie seems to have a lot of problems with his players. Usually when some version ...

But I thought that the prevailing wisdom is that Freddie is a player's coach.

That JAG is a far better and more precise route runner than anyone else except Landry.

• OLROY said... (original post) Old news, but one thing you don't do is decline to go in when asked. I dont blame Kitchens one bit. Lucky he's still on the team.

You have literally zero information on which to base this opinion.

• JerrySherk said... (original post) Yes, a JAG, but one that Baker had chemistry with, had pretty good hands, and seemed to be in the right spot when Baker let it loose. A shame he ...

Ah that special chemistry...so stromg that even when he gets in baker doesnt look at him.

• Republicdawg said... (original post) But I thought that the prevailing wisdom is that Freddie is a player's coach.

It could also be that Freddie and Dorsey are evaluating each player as the season rolls on and the team faces adversity. Could be looking for the type of players they want to form a long term plan around.

But what do I know....

• JerrySherk said... (original post) Yes, a JAG, but one that Baker had chemistry with, had pretty good hands, and seemed to be in the right spot when Baker let it loose. A shame he ...

Trouble is, none of the JAG receivers are lighting it up this year, whereas last year, they all did. Higgins (who seemed not-JAG at the time), Willies, Callaway, Perriman, all seemed to contribute immediately with Mayfield in there. This year, none of the JAGs seem to add much. I feel there has to be some reason for it and can posit any number: Freddie, Dorsey, Baker, OBJ, scheme, lack of speed if OBJ is not in full health, dual running backs, writing off this season, the OL, on and on. Something is just not there.

• marktroy said... (original post) Ah that special chemistry...so stromg that even when he gets in baker doesnt look at him.

Yes.

2018 —53 targets, 39 receptions, 576 yds, 4 TDs, 14+ yds per reception.

Nah, we don’t need any of that crap.

• JerrySherk said... (original post) Yes.2018 —53 targets, 39 receptions, 576 yds, 4 TDs, 14+ yds per reception.Nah, we don’t need any of that crap.

Pretty much identical to Hodge, right?

Both JAGS. Equal talent and production. We don't need to discuss it further.

When one's argument is "JAG," then he says "no-brainer," what he's really saying is that using his brain might contradict an agenda he's decided to push.

This post was edited by XUDawg 1 month ago

• This is what happens when you call Your Coach, FAT. Told you guys several weeks (7 ) ago, he wont get playing time, because Fred dislikes him.

• XUDawg said... (original post) Pretty much identical to Hodge, right?Both JAGS. Equal talent and production. We don't need to discuss it further.

Identical to Hodge? Who had 2 career receptions before this year? I don't get it.

• oblong said... (original post) Identical to Hodge? Who had 2 career receptions before this year? I don't get it.

It's sarcasm, my man. Read the other posts in the thread.

• XUDawg said... (original post) It's sarcasm, my man. Read the other posts in the thread.

Okay, good thing it was sarcasm