Chances of landing McCarthy

Chances of landing McCarthy

• bluedevilbrowns said... (original post) If Freddie gets the hook, here’s how I’d stack rank the likely replacements:1. Mike McCarthy2. McNapoleon3. Stefanski——————————4. Mystery c...

I like the sound of that ‘Mystery Candidate’ - it could be anyone... it could even be Mike McCarthy!

user generated

This post was edited by Heath2017 1 month ago

• JackTBurton said... (original post) Not badNo interest in stefanski unless kubiak is coming alongMcCarthy or Dan Campbell for me

The supporting staff is gonna be huge for all these guys.

Supposedly McCarthy has his ready to roll, and McDaniels is known to be able to recruit a good staff too.

As far as Stefanski - he would desperately need someone like a Kubiak to help out. Hell, if Shurmur gets canned he’d be a powerful OC to pair with Stefanski.

Campbell??? Seems a little Freddiesque to me. But again, who will he bring with him? Need a strong OC and QB coach.

• bluedevilbrowns said... (original post) The supporting staff is gonna be huge for all these guys. Supposedly McCarthy has his ready to roll, and McDaniels is known to be able to r...

The McCarthy vid was very intriguing BDB.

• bluedevilbrowns said... (original post) The supporting staff is gonna be huge for all these guys. Supposedly McCarthy has his ready to roll, and McDaniels is known to be able to r...

Yup
    Dan Campbell
    Be even cooler if he brought Joe Brady in as his OC
    You know those two are really tight?
    Anyway yeah i like him
    Good mix of hard **** and player coach
  • Yeah Nas, strange stuff. Baker could sure use that Montana drop but I'm not so sure this is the guy to teach it to him. Baker doesn't seem like a Buick fan.

• Still baffles me how some are still under the perception that HC is all X’s and O’s given with what’s currently happening in Cleveland.

• howldawg said... (original post) Okay lets put an end to this fallacyFrom several stories I have seen they tried to talk to him and he declinedHe wanted to take a year off and reg...

I don’t believe that. He interviewed for and was a finalist for the Jets job. Why would he interview for the Jets job if ge wanted to take a season off? Doesn’t make sense. He was linked to the Browns job, but they had already zeroed in on Stefanski and Freddie.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2524846002

This post was edited by OpiesGo 1 month ago

• butchfan said... (original post) All Freddie has to do is keep winning . If he wins , the morons will have to shut up . Again to all the Freddie haters, why should dorsey stay if ...

I've never disagreed with a post more. For one, what do you mean by all Freddie has to do is keep winning? You mean keep his losing record with one of the more talented teams in the NFL? Second, you're blaming everybody but him when in reality he deserves the majority of the blame. Players who played well last year are not playing well this year. Did they all of the sudden become bad players? I think not. There is a reason why they are not playing well. They looked good last year when they had a semi-competent staff didn't they? Dorsey deserves blame for ignoring OT and hiring an incompetent clown, but he's brought in talent so he's the reason why we are even having the conversation.

This post was edited by KSU_Buck 1 month ago

• KSU_Buck said... (original post) I've never disagreed with a post more. For one, what do you mean by all Freddie has to do is keep winning? You mean keep his losing record with on...

Yep - his post, as usual, was beyond asinine.
  • Godzilla said... (original post) Wonder if the same things were said about Andy Reid after 14 years in Philly and finishing up the last two years there 8-8 and 4-12? We all know h...

They were.

Many Browns fans were also turning their noses up at John Harbaugh if he were available last year so...

• fillyasc said... (original post) Maybe they just really really love football... like in a cultish kind of way.

Did you think it was odd at all?

• Nasdaq said... (original post) Did you think it was odd at all?

I didn't really think anything of it at the time... but after you mentioned it and putting it together in my head it is a little odd.

Could be about money, who knows..

• fillyasc said... (original post) Maybe they just really really love football... like in a cultish kind of way.

Maybe his wife hates him and never had him around often and if he doesn't get a job he will get a divorce
  • Nasdaq said... (original post) They were.Many Browns fans were also turning their noses up at John Harbaugh if he were available last year so...

And people are still turning their noses at Jim Harbaugh just because he cant win anything at a also-ran football program
  • JackTBurton said... (original post) Maybe his wife hates him and never had him around often and if he doesn't get a job he will get a divorce

You know he shuffles around the house in a Packers bathrobe and ruins his wife’s Netflix algorithm because he doesn’t want to create his own user ID.

You just know it.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post) You know he shuffles around the house in a Packers bathrobe and ruins his wife’s Netflix algorithm because he doesn’t want to create his own user ...

Plus you know... he farts a lot.

• edgy1 said... (original post) Agreed. Brian Schottenheimer, offensive coordinator of the Seattle Seahawks, is another name I could see as being a hot candidate for a head coaching ...

An offense who likes to run the ball despite having an MVP candidate at QB. I'm intrigued, good call.

Mike Vorel of the Seattle Times provided excellent insight on Schotty’s approach. It’s slightly different.
    “We’re not so married to the script that you say, ‘1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.’ I’ve done that before a long time ago. If you run for nine yards on first down and then the second play is supposed to be a pass, you’re almost crazy if you do that,” Schottenheimer revealed in the piece. “So we have opening thoughts, is what we would call them — top runs, top passes that we want to get to early in the game.”

This reminds me of reading Penthouse Forum erotica back in the day.

• bluedevilbrowns said... (original post) If Freddie gets the hook, here’s how I’d stack rank the likely replacements:1. Mike McCarthy2. McNapoleon3. Stefanski——————————4. Mystery c...

From the Vikings games I've seen, I'm not overly impressed with what I've seen from Stefanski's offense. Cousins yards usually come against prevent defenses after they have fallen behind and their signature wins are against Oakland and Dallas as they haven't beaten a team with a winning record. I'd just stick with FK or options 1 and 2 rather than try another unknown. For those bashing McCarthy, the Packer's victories this year aren't overly impressive this year either other than a Mahomesless Kansas City win. We will see what they are made of today against the Bears.

Go Browns... Go Bison....

• BrownsAreADisease said... (original post) And people are still turning their noses at Jim Harbaugh just because he cant win anything at a also-ran football program

Meh,,, what's worse is people here said the same things about Pete Carroll

STAFF...

Something most fans on here ignore. Some think its one "name" doing everything and that is all that matters, and fail to take into account the importance of a complete staff that have experience in their respective duties and who can all work together on the same page under the same philosophy.

Especailly when it relates to a new staff coming into a poorly run organization, because you not only have to implement and teach what to do, but also you have to unteach what not to do...

• HoundDog409 said... (original post) ......and you miss the obvious point.The Browns are not hiring a head coach

You were saying?