Deadline Passes & Browns Have 2nd Most Players Opt Out With 5

Deadline Passes & Browns Have 2nd Most Players Opt Out With 5

• Discussion
  • user generated

• Who? Oh well probably owe us $150000 next year whether he makes the team or not.

• Well having four OL opt-out proves one thing:

Bill Callahan’s act is growing old.

This post was edited by bluedevilbrowns 6 months ago

• Not sure there is evidence for that. We certainly are counting on Callahan to fix the OL. I hate to see depth depleted in any position group. Still think we need OL and DL FAs to protect the team. If we lose a starter to Covid, especially a star, during the season, we're screwed.

• egillen said... (original post)Not sure there is evidence for that.

That never stopped anyone before.

• bluedevilbrowns said... (original post)Well having four OL opt-out proves one thing:Bill Callahan’s act is growing old.

Lol. You beat me to it.

• bluedevilbrowns said... (original post)Well having four OL opt-out proves one thing:Bill Callahan’s act is growing old.

I did an actual spit-take

• Clearly Kevin’s act is getting old.

• Hard to blame the big uglies. If anyone on the field is going to be susceptible I’d think it’s them. No matter what kind of shape they’re in, it isn’t great to carry that much weight.

Perfect. You read my mind.

• This is so browns to have second most

No Steelers

We are about social justice

Ravens and Steelers about winning

Good luck stopping the run this year with the next man loser philosophy

Sign a damn run stuffed berry

• MikeFromRochester said... (original post)This is so browns to have second mostNo SteelersWe are about social justiceRavens and Steelers about winningGood luck stopping the run thi...

You probably wake up in the morning and cuss at the sun for being so damn bright don't you?

• ICYMI...

• MikeFromRochester said... (original post)This is so browns to have second mostNo SteelersWe are about social justiceRavens and Steelers about winningGood luck stopping the run thi...

So the Ravens had some opt outs as well.

I assume they are not about winning.

But seriously, it’s a personal choice. I don’t see what it has to do with winning.

• I mean, 3 of these 5 opt outs were probably not even going to make the 53 man roster anyway.

• tsteele316 said... (original post)I mean, 3 of these 5 opt outs were probably not even going to make the 53 man roster anyway.

2 of them were staring down the practice squad and the third was probably only a backup. Forbes and Billings were the only two that would probably see snaps. You are correct.

• LOL. What a headline for a bunch of guys that - if I'm not mistaken - have never played a down of regular football for this team.

• It happens let’s move on

• Also hilarious that after all the naysayers talking smack about opt-outs, less than two players per team across the NFL chose to opt out. That's 2.6% of the reporting players. The players want to play, and the vast majority of the ones who chose not to were camp fodder to begin with.

• Forbes was a potential starter and almost a lock to make the team

We signed Billings cause he was badly needed

We need to replace him with quality
    Not next man up loser mentality

Also tired of hearing about the browns social justice causes

Trust me, there are a lot of fine folks out there that don’t believe in the social justice movement

We have other names for it but I will leave politics out of it

Our gm needs to focus on replacing Billings After all, he felt he was needed in the first place

Lastly, while I am at it, these browns players kneel for the anthem they won’t have me watching and to hell with season tickets I have

• TomServo said... (original post)LOL. What a headline for a bunch of guys that - if I'm not mistaken - have never played a down of regular football for this team.

Not going to lie, I am going to miss seeing Billings out there. I thought he and Clayborn were going to be those quiet type of signings that pay off big in a D-rotation.

• MikeFromRochester said... (original post)Forbes was a potential starter and almost a lock to make the teamWe signed Billings cause he was badly neededWe need to replace him with q...

I’m not understanding the social justice connection to players opting out.

Please expound.

• I'm sure they all have valid reasons. I know Billings cited asthma as his reason. I'm pretty sure no one cited social justice when opting out.

The OL and DL have been hardest hit by opt outs across the league, so we'll have a hard time finding depth.

• bluedevilbrowns said... (original post)I’m not understanding the social justice connection to players opting out.Please expound.

There is no connection to it, I was just saying I am tired of all these athletes harping about their platforms
    I am sure they would surely dislike my type of fandom but so be it

I think berry has done very well but now is not the time to remain passive in replacing billings or Forbes

Bring in Cordy Glenn and let Hubbard focus on guard and sign a snacks Harrison type to replace billings

You can't wait on these things because of all the built in covid protocols

This post was edited by MikeFromRochester 6 months ago