Derrius Guice Already a Bust?

Derrius Guice Already a Bust?

• Discussion
  • Appears well on his way. Yet another player I was dead wrong about.

• I liked him coming out of college. Good thing I wasn’t drafting .

• user generated

• Meh... Rashad Penny is another one who was extremely overrated

• The guy reminds me of Winfield Jr. Ton of talent, showed it whenever he got on the field, but was always bloody injured. He was hurt at LSU, he's been hurt both years in Washington, and if he gets on the field again he'll probably be hurt again.

It's amazing how some human bodies bounce back and some simply don't.

• Glad Dorsey targeted RB in the top of the 2nd round.

• Injury history and now an arrest. He’s probably done or nearly so.

• Just don't understand these guys. They are given an opportunity of a life time. All you have to do is keep it clean. Makes no sense.

• ocaladawg1 said... (original post)Just don't understand these guys. They are given an opportunity of a life time. All you have to do is keep it clean. Makes no sense.

For guys like Guice, talent only delays the inevitable. He probably would have been in jail a long time ago otherwise.

• Sounds like he was a real handful during the combine process.

He had several issues getting to different buildings and meeting with teams,” Mayock said via Pro Football Talk. He missed some flights. They didn’t like his attitude. The NFL investigated and cleared him. He fired his agent. It was a tumultuous offseason for this young man. He did not put his best foot forward. Now today I’ve had several text messages from general managers telling me there’s another investigation out there that could be potentially highly embarrassing to the kid and maybe to the team that selects him.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/27/17293968/lsu-derrius-guice-nfl-draft-fall-washington

This post was edited by TomShady 5 months ago

• He's been released now

• Go get him Phil! LMAO

• He’s not a bust....JUST STUPID!

• TheShank said... (original post)I liked him coming out of college. Good thing I wasn’t drafting .

That was a lot of us.

• Well, that was averaging like 5.8 yards per carry. He was effective when not injured.

And yeah, this is busty. Definitely one of my new "worst players I really wanted in the draft".

• Never knew how to pronounce his name until today. Guice like Rice. Ray Rice.

• blkmagic00 said... (original post)He’s not a bust....JUST STUPID!

I think he might be both.

• The article makes it sound like they were just having sex. They didn't mention anything that I thought could be construed as domestic violence.

• brbbva said... (original post)The article makes it sound like they were just having sex. They didn't mention anything that I thought could be construed as domestic violence.

Where are you seeing this?

• Some horses can never be broken.

• brbbva said... (original post)The article makes it sound like they were just having sex. They didn't mention anything that I thought could be construed as domestic violence.

“Washington Football Team running back Derrius Guice was released on Friday after he was arrested on domestic violence charges, including one count of strangulation, three counts of assault and battery and one count of destruction of property.”

• DawgEatDawg said... (original post)“Washington Football Team running back Derrius Guice was released on Friday after he was arrested on domestic violence charges, including one co...

I remember him being a guest on Good Morning Football in the days leading up to the draft and he was so impressive in the interview he had with Nate Burleson, and NB was equally impressed... My impresssion was this guy was going to be a stud RB in the league... Obviously it wasn’t an accurate portrayal of this character..

• I was fooled by him too. Glad Washington released him. It will give young guys like Antonio Gibson and Bryce Love a chance to get more carries. You never know how long AP can continue to tote that rock.

• blkmagic00 said... (original post)He’s not a bust....JUST STUPID!

He's a criminal.... And he can't stop himself....

This post was edited by dennn 5 months ago

• DawgEatDawg said... (original post)“Washington Football Team running back Derrius Guice was released on Friday after he was arrested on domestic violence charges, including one co...

Yep, sex. Am I wrong?