Getting in the stadium

Getting in the stadium

• Have to admit they are doing a great job. It takes me about 10 minutes to get through it all entering the line at 1220. Easy. How is your experience?

• Discussion
  • Not a single issue.

Getting out? Another story

• Getting in has been awesome... and I’m part of the late arriving crowd (I leave Barley House around 12:30)

Getting out is hell on earth

• ohiosundevils said... (original post) Getting in has been awesome... and I’m part of the late arriving crowd (I leave Barley House around 12:30)Getting out is hell on earth

All correct from my experiences.

SBD

• ohiosundevils said... (original post) Getting in has been awesome... and I’m part of the late arriving crowd (I leave Barley House around 12:30)Getting out is hell on earth

Barley house lol
  • I’ve arrived as early as and hour and half before the game and as late as half hour to kick off. No issues getting in on time.

• So, all of the screaming and handwringing about the digital changeover was unfounded? Yes, got in the SW entrance very quickly the last 2-3 games I went to. It’s working.

• Terrible experience at the opener, since then no issues whatsoever.

• Only problem I had getting in was the for Rams game, but it was my fault I had forgotten to de-list them from the exchange before trying to enter. No issues since then.

This post was edited by Animaleyz 1 month ago

• Isn’t there an extensive walking bridge they are thinking of building to get you from the stadium to the usual parking lots and decks? Ever since they closed the one with the goal posts on it, getting out is an adventure .

• Steve145 said... (original post) Isn’t there an extensive walking bridge they are thinking of building to get you from the stadium to the usual parking lots and decks? Ever since ...

Plan was scrapped a few years ago for that bridge. I wouldn't be surprised if the Haslams bring it up again in the future as part of renovations.

I never have much trouble leaving once I get past the actual stadium site, but I usually go east. Not too bad if you walk along the Science Center and RNR HOF rather than the path right next to the shoreway. Heading west is crowded the few times I've had to walk out that way.

• echris1015 said... (original post) Plan was scrapped a few years ago for that bridge. I wouldn't be surprised if the Haslams bring it up again in the future as part of renova...

Not sure if that bridge is happening, or anything else. The clock is ticking on the lease- 9 years- and it’s been leaked that new stadium plans are being drawn up right now.

• Steve145 said... (original post) Isn’t there an extensive walking bridge they are thinking of building to get you from the stadium to the usual parking lots and decks? Ever since ...

Why was the other one closed??

• michael11952 said... (original post) Why was the other one closed??

"The Division of Police and Division of Traffic Engineering cited a need to “implement a safer pedestrian route to FirstEnergy Stadium and improve traffic flow around the stadium” as the reason for the closure of the bridge."

https://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2014/08/18/city-of-cleveland-closes-pedestrian-bridge-announces-browns-game-day-safety-plan/

• Would falling well below expectations have anything to do with this?

• I don’t live in Cleveland... but I am at every home game

My buddies like the bar since they only get tickets for one game a year each

It is what it is

We tailgate from 6 am until whenever on Saturday’s for the Buckeyes... sometimes you just want a waitress to give you a draft beer

This post was edited by ohiosundevils 1 month ago

• You guys need to step it up. Stop up at W3rdandSummit...a. Bar before a game.. sigh....

• Section537Rules said... (original post) You guys need to step it up. Stop up at W3rdandSummit...a. Bar before a game.. sigh....

Tailgating isn’t for everybody. I can do it once a year or so, but I find it incredibly boring. And not worth the work

. I’d much rather park, find a spot to eat and get a drink, go inside the stadium to watch the place fill up and build to kickoff

• 54321TouchdownBrowns said... (original post) Tailgating isn’t for everybody. I can do it once a year or so, but I find it incredibly boring. And not worth the work. I’d much rathe...

I don't tailgate because I like to sleep on on Sundays. Getting up earlier on weekends than you do during the week is bassackwards.

This post was edited by Animaleyz 1 month ago

• Animaleyz said... (original post) I don't tailgate because I like to sleep on on Sundays. Getting up earlier on weekends than you do during the week is bassackwards.

It's 8 home games..
  • 54321TouchdownBrowns said... (original post) Tailgating isn’t for everybody. I can do it once a year or so, but I find it incredibly boring. And not worth the work. I’d much rathe...

You got to surround yourself with fun people. So spend money inside the stadium. Got it.
  • Should be real easy to get into the Ravens game. Half full?

This post was edited by JerrySherk 1 month ago

• Section537Rules said... (original post) You got to surround yourself with fun people. So spend money inside the stadium. Got it.

That souvenir RC Cola is a budget breaker. I'll give you that.

How about you do what you like and I'll do what I like and we won't worry about the other? You get plenty of people at your tailgate. You don't need to get offended that I won't be coming. I enjoy my gameday routine. I'm sure you do as well. Good for both of us.

• 54321TouchdownBrowns said... (original post) That souvenir RC Cola is a budget breaker. I'll give you that. How about you do what you like and I'll do what I like and we won't wor...

Offended? Sorry snowflake. Grab a shovel.
    Just invited you down since lots of board members have been coming.
  • JerrySherk said... (original post) Should be real easy to get into the Ravens game. Half full?

Not veven
  • Section537Rules said... (original post) Offended? Sorry snowflake. Grab a shovel.Just invited you down since lots of board members have been coming.

Snowflake?