Glazer - OBJ During Games

Glazer - OBJ During Games

Arrow-3
  • I think all the bitching about OBJ loses sight of the fact that the playmaking WR who was my favorite non-QB as a teen literally SUED THE NFL TO GET OUT OF CLEVELAND and then signed with the OILERS... and he's not remembered for being a douchebag.

I loved Webster Slaughter. He was a great playmaker. He was loud, flashy, he got into altercations with defenders, he failed to block Jeremiah Castille on the FUMBLE, he caught a 97 yard TD... and then he sued the NFL for free agency, signed with the Oilers, and proceeded to make the playoffs twice in a row while we didn't.

In this reality we live in, people think OBJ is a jerk and Webster Slaughter was not. I don't get it. They're wide receivers. They have big personalities, they're salty, they make huge plays. It's football.

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • brbbva said... (original post) Have you been asleep the past twenty years? Let me fill you in on what a bad GM looks like....

This dude wants to go back to draft day drinking games and bingo Bonanza free agency
    Talent has gotten this turned around
    We need to decide if the right coach is in place for the completion
  • TomServo said... (original post) I think all the bitching about OBJ loses sight of the fact that the playmaking WR who was my favorite non-QB as a teen literally SUED THE NFL TO G...

Great reference...I remember being confused as hell when I saw Slaughter and Ice Cube with the Oilers as a little kid.

Same with Montana on the Chiefs. At the time FA was so new that it was like waking up and the sky was green and the grass was blue.

• JackTBurton said... (original post) This dude wants to go back to draft day drinking games and bingo Bonanza free agencyTalent has gotten this turned aroundWe need to decide if th...

I just feel the shine is off of Dorsey. Agree to disagree.

He's done good at times (Chubb) but he should have hit on more assets, given that Sashi died for our sins and we had all that cap room.

We netted Chubb, maybe Ward, maybe Mayfield, maybe Redwine, Higgins. They had a once in a lifetime opportunity but didn't get enough value for their picks/cash, and we had to go 1-31.

The only sure thing was Chubb.

He weakened the OL. He messed up with Corbett. In fairness, Chad Thomas improving saved him a bit.

It seems Dorsey is a "my way or the highway" guy and not open to differing opinions. It just seems the team underachieved given the window of all those draft picks and salary cap space.

This post was edited by kosartoslaughter 1 month ago

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post) I just feel the shine is off of Dorsey. Agree to disagree.He's done good at times (Chubb) but he should have hit on more assets, give...

There’s way too much uncertainty to crown Dorsey or to criticize his drafts. There is no final verdict on Ratley or Greedy or Redwine or Mack or Takitaki or Seibert. But all of those guys have at least shown some promise.

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post) I just feel the shine is off of Dorsey. Agree to disagree.He's done good at times (Chubb) but he should have hit on more assets, given tha...

1-15
    0-16
    7-9
    8-8 or 9-7
    That's the 4 year span
    The talent infusion alone has gotten this improvement
    I myself like many got caught up in the hype and disappointed but that's the improvement right there
    To think otherwise especially with what as a fan you have seen from gms is absolutely crazy

He's had misses but every gm has and to suddenly be like "yeah I want a new guy" is so f-ing knee jerky and frankly stupid
    But that's just my opinion
  • kosartoslaughter said... (original post) I just feel the shine is off of Dorsey. Agree to disagree.He's done good at times (Chubb) but he should have hit on more assets, give...

C'mon man. Stop with the Dorsey needs to go crap. He hasn't done a fantastic job but he's still better than anyone else that's held that title in 20+ years. GMs miss all the time and even the best GMs miss badly sometimes. He has a chance to correct his mistakes. The team is not that far away if they put a good offseason together. I'll be on that train if he doesn't address the o-line, for example, but it's way too early to be calling for him to be canned.

• brett said... (original post) C'mon man. Stop with the Dorsey needs to go crap. He hasn't done a fantastic job but he's still better than anyone else that's he...

And so has Freddie

• NTRPRZ said... (original post) And so has Freddie

And Fredo is the best rookie coach this year, by record. Nowhere near the dumpster fires elsewhere. The Cards have the worst defense in the league, the Bungles the worst offense, the Broncos nowhere near their playoff hopes. And the Fins are the Fins.

Just sayin' every new coach has struggled to find their way. The Cardinals have almost an identical number of penalties as we do, and they have some legit stars on that team, too... Fitz and Johnson (both terrible this year), Peterson, Suggs, and Chandler Jones... worst defense in the league. Tons of penalties. Lots of confusion about what's going on with the roster.

If they could swap Fredo out for a real legit NFL head coach (maybe a McCarthy) who wouldn't want to toss out half the talent, I would do that. Otherwise, I cancel the offensive staff (Todd and Ryan) and tell Freddie that next year is his last if he doesn't get his shizz together.

• NTRPRZ said... (original post) I am going to say this yet again. The coaching isn't the problem with OBJ not getting the ball unless he is specifically being coached to read away ...

What a steaming pile of crap.