Grossi- Browns need to trade OBJ

Grossi- Browns need to trade OBJ

Arrow8
  • https://thelandondemand.com/news/2019/dec/10/browns-trade-odell-beckham-jr-would-be-best-all/

Free link to Grossi's article. I don't personally care for Grossi, but this is a well reasoned piece. I understand he was hurt this year, so we didn't get to see him fully unleashed but if we could recoup close to full value I would prefer to move him. He doesn't want to be here, and he is never happy. This lost season is not his fault, BUT he is an ENERGY DRAIN. Every game becomes not just about winning but winning&feeding OBJ to keep him happy. Baker has shown he can be successful without a true #1 star WR. Reinvest the assets into the OLine. Make the Cleveland Browns a TEAM again. Not OBJ & Friends, a soap opera drama.

• Discussion
  • It's funny watching the media and fans create soap opera drama, and then subsequently complain about the soap opera drama. OBJ has done nothing soap operaish. If you are offended by his cleats or visor, then you have issues. The rest is the media and fans trapping themselves in a logic loop of convincing themselves OBJ is a malcontent, repeating it to him, him not denying it good enough for their liking, and then saying we should trade him because he doesn't like it here.

• I think what needs to happen is this
    You have a player under contract that has had a career worst season that you gave significant assets up to obtain
    I think everyone needs to take a breather, understand the whole landscape of the season - making Beckham a scapegoat for the 2019 season would be a mistake.
    He needs to get healthy
    The browns need to figure out what direction they need to go in - and it pains me to say I think it doesn't include Freddie Kitchens.
    So breathe, let the season play out and meet with Beckham and take his feedback at face value and commit to him going forward provided he gets healthy and commits to the browns in the off season and more importantly in camp

I think this is where Dorsey has to step in and manage the situation and frankly kitchens can't figure out how to play with all these toys - find an adult to be in the locker room
    Ever wonder why Odell had his best seasons with a tough coach?
    Odell wants to be coached and needs structure - ditto for baker

You knew what you were getting and after 13 games with kitchens running the offense and him being injured cutting bait would be stupid

Not surprising Tony is being short sighted here and missing the big picture

This post was edited by JackTBurton 1 month ago

• I refuse to believe he’s the same drama queen he was in New York, but now somehow a bad player. This is not an unreparable relationship. He was a known quantity at the time of the trade, if he had gaudy numbers no one would give one sht about his shoes or his other antics. This coaching staff has taken exceptional best in league talents and reduced them to average or refused to use them how any 17 year old who’s played Madden for ten years would to greater effect. OBJ doesn’t trust them, with good reason.

This is a Browns problem, not an OBJ one, he’s just looking at how the Browns have been in the past and saying, “get me outta here,” you cannot, cannot blame him.

This post was edited by shavendawg 1 month ago

• What needs to happen is the crazy old coot needs to retire and go in the nursing home, stop creating so much drama for the crappy scam on demand BS. You should have never been allowed as media credentials to be reinstated after the whole Al Lerner Fiasco.

By the way old man grossi since I know you read this weren't you going to retire if we drafted Baker Mayfield? By the looks of your house I'm pretty sure you don't have the money to leave the workforce. Which is unfortunate because it's time to give it up.

This post was edited by Dawg4L3309 1 month ago

• XUDawg said... (original post) It's funny watching the media and fans create soap opera drama, and then subsequently complain about the soap opera drama. OBJ has done nothing ...

You don’t think telling Tom Brady and JimmyG to “come get him out of clevleand” or leaking to the media that he has been playing with a sports hernia is “soap operish”?

He is a great talent. You just have to decide if the juice is worth the squeeze. It hasn’t been this season. Not even close.

• Buy high sell low...smart.

• You can't take the drama out of the queen. I think if Jarvis were not here as a calming force we would see much bigger drama for the media to blow up on.

• Grossi is useless. Why do we care what he says?

• The big picture is obj cant stay healthy, lingering injuries. I wouldnt rush to trade him but i think his stock is trending down as an on the field player.

• OpiesGo said... (original post) You don’t think telling Tom Brady and JimmyG to “come get him out of clevleand” or leaking to the media that he has been playing with a sports hern...

Thankfully for Jerry Rice you weren't involved in his career

One average year... time for the recycle bin

• If he wants out, trade him. If he wants to stay, and agrees to be all in at OTAS and all team functions-keep him.

Not a distraction we need, or can handle, if he doesnt wanna be here. No hard feelings either way.

This post was edited by marktroy 1 month ago

• howldawg said... (original post) Thankfully for Jerry Rice you weren't involved in his careerOne average year... time for the recycle bin

Jerry Rice was a true professional and the greatest to ever do it. Don't compare that clown OBJ to the Goat.

• JackTBurton said... (original post) I think what needs to happen is thisYou have a player under contract that has had a career worst season that you gave significant assets up to ...

I like the cut of your jib ....

• marktroy said... (original post) If he wants out trade him. If he wants to stay, and agrees to be all in at OTAS and all team functions-keep him. Not a distraction we need, or can ...

Can't force a player to be at OTA
    But expect full camp participation

The shoes and watch weren't a big deal imo
    With the season he is having I am actually surprised he is what he is
    He isn't the vilian in this story
    Sounds like scapegoat but not vilian
  • OpiesGo said... (original post) Jerry Rice was a true professional and the greatest to ever do it. Don't compare that clown OBJ to the Goat.

And clearly you didn't follow RIce

He was bad his first year it wasn't until later he became the goat

• marktroy said... (original post) If he wants out, trade him. If he wants to stay, and agrees to be all in at OTAS and all team functions-keep him. Not a distraction we need, or ca...

So your going to violate the CBA and make him agree to be here when not required?

That should go well

• Can we trade Groosi??? Not sure what we'd get back ...Maybe an old comb and some pocket lint. But it would be well worth the return, I think, not to have to see his drivel on here from week to week.

• howldawg said... (original post) And clearly you didn't follow RIce He was bad his first year it wasn't until later he became the goat

Did Jerry Rice have a 5 year track record of acting like a clown? Did the 49ers eat a 20 million dollar cap hit like the Giants did just to get rid of RIce because his negative attitude was affecting the team? Did Jerry Rice beg Troy Aikman to get him out of San Francisco? No because he was a professional and a good teammate.

• OpiesGo said... (original post) Did Jerry Rice have a 5 year track record of acting like a clown? Did the 49ers eat a 20 million dollar cap hit like the Giants did just to get rid ...

And the only one claiming he is a bad teammate now is YOU.

Not one player here or in NY has said one word to that effect but don't let the details get in the way of your personal dislike for the man

Even YOU stated he is a great talent until it doesn't fit your agenda

No wonder you thought Groosi had a great article it fits your agenda

• JackTBurton said... (original post) Can't force a player to be at OTABut expect full camp participationThe shoes and watch weren't a big deal imoWith the season he is ha...

I didnt say they should force him to be at OTAs. It should be his call.

If hes all in, he’ll be willing to commit to being there. If not, he wont. Ask him up front and act accordingly. In or out, his choice.

Everything he does is an effort to set himself apart so he can draw attention. Make excuses all you want, but we can easily move on from him if he insists on being special.

• The bottom line for me is that Kitchens isn't using his players effectively, particularly Beckham. I'm not a big fan of Beckham, but I completely agree he is not the guy to target for the Browns problems this year. Honestly, if they decide to keep Kitchens, then I'd be somewhat in favor of moving Beckham as he will likely continue to languish while Kitchens is the head coach. But I don't think Kitchens will be around next year either, so I doubt that will be what happens. This is one of Dorsey's biggest offseason calls aside from deciding whether Kitchens stays or goes.

• marktroy said... (original post) I didnt say they should force him to be at OTAs. It should be his call. If hes all in, he’ll be willing to commit to being there. If not, he wont. ...

And you think that somehow doesn't violate the CBA?

Laughable

• howldawg said... (original post) And you think that somehow doesn't violate the CBA? Laughable

You cant punish a guy for it. But you can trade a guy for any reason.

• Getting him makes the WR position a huge hole. Like we have Landry and that’s it. Also our TE’s are lousy.

• marktroy said... (original post) You cant punish a guy for it. But you can trade a guy for any reason.

And he can go to the NFLPA and report you for making such a request which will be reinforced by trading if he tells you no