Grossi- Browns need to trade OBJ

Grossi- Browns need to trade OBJ

Arrow8
  • TomServo said... (original post) Because they're far, far worse without him, so he clearly wasn't the problem. It ain't rocket science.

I agree. The Giants suck. Sucked with him and sucked without him. I never said he was the problem, just explaining why they felt they needed to trade him.

For the record I don’t think he is “the problem” in Cleveland, far from it, we have many problems obviously. And I didn’t want to trade him until the last week when it was revealed he had been asking opposing QBs to trade for him (that was a straw too far for me, and very disrespectful to Baker) and that he was unhappy. Up to his old tricks. If he doesn’t want to be here and is unhappy then why keep him ? We will see what happens. Maybe he changes his tune, cuts out the drama, and just plays football. I doubt it though.

• XUDawg said... (original post) No, man. It's obviously him and Lil Wayne's fault. And what OBJ said about Eli, I mean "trashing him," specifically that "he wasn't going to be leav...

I mean, if anyone has paid one iota of attention to the comments coming out of NYC about Manning, it really seems that obj was rather tame, and ahead of the curve of calling it out.
  • tsteele316 said... (original post) I mean, if anyone has paid one iota of attention to the comments coming out of NYC about Manning, it really seems that obj was rather tame, and ...

You'd have to really parse his comments to even decide they were critical of him. He had every reason to be critical of him, but he wasn't really.

He said he still had the arm to throw it downfield, but his lack of mobility, combined with other issues, meant that wasn't going to happen a lot.

Some guys are embarrassing themselves trying to find reasons to vilify a guy they feel compelled to vilify. If the best you can do is the Lil Wayne interview, maybe the firm ground you think you're on isn't all that sound? Maybe he's not a bad teammate? I mean why would we listen to teammates' opinions of him? We already know he's a bad guy. We just have to find a reason why he's a bad guy. So bad teammate it is, despite evidence to the contrary.

• Animaleyz said... (original post) Saying Eli isn't mobile is trashing him?If I got fined for that, I'd demand a trade too.

They asked him if he thought QB was a problem in NY and he responded by saying "I dont know" and "Eli can't move or throw downfield" while his buddy Lil Wayne was nodding his head that Eli was the problem. Every other player in the NFL would have said "no". It is much less aggregious act compared to asking opposing QBs after the game to trade for him, but it is still a giant distraction.

• OpiesGo said... (original post) They asked him if he thought QB was a problem in NY and he responded by saying "I dont know" and "Eli can't move or throw downf...

If you have to intentionally misquote him, maybe you're starting from a conclusion that has no merit?

• OpiesGo said... (original post) They asked him if he thought QB was a problem in NY and he responded by saying "I dont know" and "Eli can't move or throw downfield" while his budd...

I think that's more of a case of how dare he not fall at the feet of the ELIte one.
  • XUDawg said... (original post) If you have to intentionally misquote him, maybe you're starting from a conclusion that has no merit?

I am starting from the conclusion that the Giants fined him and traded him after the season that this interviewed occured. And ate a huge cap hit to get rid of him.

• OpiesGo said... (original post) I am starting from the conclusion that the Giants fined him and traded him after the season that this interviewed occured. And ate a huge cap hit t...

Cool. So if you're going to put his words in quotes, maybe you shouldn't have to try so hard making up your own.

Use his words. Then discuss what a monster he is. Or use your own words but don't put them in quotes. A real monster should be revealing himself without inventing a case against him. Yes?

• XUDawg said... (original post) Cool. So if you're going to put his words in quotes, maybe you shouldn't have to try so hard making up your own.Use his words. Then discus...

I will remove the quotes if that will make you happy. You are right I shouldn't have put them there. When have I ever said he was a "monster"? Now you are the one making up words. I have said he doesn't seem like a bad person, he is just a drama queen who needs attention, and isn't happy in Cleveland. He has been at the center of controversy everywhere he has been in his career, including Cleveland. He is the one who is telling other teams to trade for him, so why am I the target of all the angst when I suggest we give him his wish?

• OpiesGo said... (original post) I will remove the quotes if that will make you happy. You are right I shouldn't have put them there. When have I ever said he was a "mons...

He's the one telling other teams to trade for him, said no player, team, or agent you can name.

• XUDawg said... (original post) He's the one telling other teams to trade for him, said no player, team, or agent you can name.

IF you truly believe that a respected national journalist (Jay Glazer) made that story up out of thin air, and multiple other then confirmed it, and then watched the multiple videos where you can watch the convos, I have a bridge to sell you. C'mon.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-odell-beckham-jr-is-lost-and-trying-to-redeem-himself-173944529.html

• OpiesGo said... (original post) IF you truly believe that a respected national journalist (Jay Glazer) made that story up out of thin air, and multiple other then confirmed it, an...

I am not saying he made the story up.

I am telling you that national journalists get access because they report stuff from NFL sources. Sometimes those things are fake, because the person handing the access journo the info wants to disrupt, or find a leak, etc. etc.

They can't not report it, because then they lose their access, because guy behind the scenes with the agenda wants the info out there, and Glazer, Schefter, etc. are his guy, and they know that the next guy will become the guy if they don't report it.

If you doubt this, just wait until I tell you about Condi Rice.

Whether the story is sourced is not really a question. Whether the info is real definitely is questionable.

This post was edited by XUDawg 1 month ago

• #Browns WR Jarvis Landry on OBJ wanting out of Cleveland “he doesn’t want to leave. He isn’t trying to leave”

• JackTBurton said... (original post) #Browns WR Jarvis Landry on OBJ wanting out of Cleveland “he doesn’t want to leave. He isn’t trying to leave”

Glazer has sources though. None of them have names or anything, but they make me feel good, because I already have an idea that I don't like OBJ and Glazer helps me reinforce that.

So this guy, Landry, whoever he is, although he has a name, just isn't credible.

• XUDawg said... (original post) I am not saying he made the story up.I am telling you that national journalists get access because they report stuff from NFL sources. Sometimes tho...

Based on all the information available, including video, I believe it is a real. You believe it is fake. Agree to disagree.

This post was edited by OpiesGo 1 month ago

• OpiesGo said... (original post) Based on all the information avaialable, inluding video, I believe it is a real. You believe it is fake. Agree to disagree.

There is no video of him telling anybody he wants out of Cleveland. None. There is video of him talking to opponents, and it is conveniently played next to an unsourced story, to bolster a point of view that otherwise lacks evidence, and is controverted by the words of the player himself and his closest teammate.

• XUDawg said... (original post) Glazer has sources though. None of them have names or anything, but they make me feel good, because I already have an idea that I don't like OB...

OBJ has had his chance to squash this and he hasn't.

I don't think OBJ would have the strength to tell Jarvis he wants out if he wanted too leave.

• N33d4Speed said... (original post) OBJ has had his chance to squash this and he hasn't. I don't think OBJ would have the strength to tell Jarvis he wants out if he wante...

He hasn't? Could have sworn he literally said "I never said I didn't want to be here."

This is all about what guys assume is in his head, absent any evidence whatsoever.

If you want to psychoanalyze him, just admit that's what you're doing.

• N33d4Speed said... (original post) OBJ has had his chance to squash this and he hasn't. I don't think OBJ would have the strength to tell Jarvis he wants out if he wante...

Why try to crush the story when he has people like you to play yo-yo and paddle ball with~?

All the bouncing on the floor when he Walks the dawg and slamming into the paddle its a no wonder you have a headache

• OpiesGo said... (original post) Jerry Rice was a true professional and the greatest to ever do it. Don't compare that clown OBJ to the Goat.

The only clown I see is you.

• XUDawg said... (original post) There is no video of him telling anybody he wants out of Cleveland. None. There is video of him talking to opponents, and it is conveniently played ...

There is video, it’s just locked away on the super secret server with the Racist Mudolph audio, the Bengazi emails, and Trump’s phone calls.

• southwestdawg said... (original post) Yup, Gettleman scorched Dorsey on both trades.

Everyone was crowing about how Dorsey ripped off Gettleman in the offseason and how Gettleman doesn't know what he is doing. He ate Dorsey's lunch.

• Look, they have to make OBJ work. if not, it will have a crippling affect on this team. it's going to affect Landry, future free agents, etc. they have to make this work next year. i'm willing to call this year a wash, but they have to get it right next year.

I don't feel like be irrelevant again. i want the preseason hype again but we absolutely need to have the results.

Hire McCarthy and start winning.

• moneyclip2 said... (original post) Everyone was crowing about how Dorsey ripped off Gettleman in the offseason and how Gettleman doesn't know what he is doing. He ate Dorsey&...

Yeah, I don’t see it like that. Did the trades move the needle for either team? Did they even have a fantasy football impact for either organization?

This post was edited by Ole1Sock 1 month ago