Hooper's reply to Mary Kay.

Hooper's reply to Mary Kay.

• We can all vote that he is starting to not be a fan of Mary Kay.user generated

• Discussion
  • Mary Kay is the 2nd worst beat writer behind Grossi.

• She got absolutely crushed in the replies.

https://twitter.com/AustinHooper18/status/1291127528866930690

This post was edited by 80sBoy 6 months ago

• Foreplay Hoop. Wait till you meet a certain Chianti swilling reporter.

• My question to older fans is:

1) How did Mary Kay rise to prominence and get this job in the first place? She must be powerful and connected.

2) What skills/talents does she have as a reporter that others don't?

3) How come the Browns have not thrown her off the beat for damaging the team's relationship with the media? She did this to Bill as well, but not as bad as TG.

• Is there a link to the interview?

• Has Grossi been allowed to attend these calls, or is he banned for the midget incident?

• LumpyCotton said... (original post)Is there a link to the interview?

You can click on the Tweet in the OP but here it is as well. NOTE: this is just the clip they decided to use, not the whole interview:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/browns-te-austin-hooper-is-cool-with-david-njoku-and-wont-be-like-jason-witten-where-its-me-vs-everyone-else-in-the-te-room.html

This post was edited by 80sBoy 6 months ago

• Dawg4L3309 said... (original post)Mary Kay is the 2nd worst beat writer behind Grossi.

Haha, this was my exact reply to this tweet. “Have you met Grossi”.

• I watched the video and to be honest I didn't pick up on any sarcasm from Hooper with the Witten comment. He said it pretty matter of fact. I know some Cowboy fans who would agree with him.

So Hooper can call out MKC all he wants, he has to own what he said. You can argue MKC should have focused on other aspects of the interview to write about, but if she didn't write about it someone else would have picked it up nationally since Witten's high profile.

This post was edited by GraceStDawg 6 months ago

• A pretty positive article. I wonder what was said during the rest of the interview that we didn't get to see.

• She ain't no Russ Schneider

user generated

• GraceStDawg said... (original post)I watched the video and to be honest I didn't pick up on any sarcasm from Hooper with the Witten comments. He said it pretty matter of fact...

I agree it didn’t come off as sarcastic to me either. Agree with the rest of your post as well.

• nudawg said... (original post)A pretty positive article. I wonder what was said during the rest of the interview that we didn't get to see.

Here' the full interview the Browns posted. It's a good interview, mostly about practicing with the COVID restrictions and his relationship with Baker. The Witten part is towards the end when Zac Jackson asked him about his experience and leadership role. Maybe Zac should have followed up.

https://youtu.be/QbwEkY91gAw

• Hoop vs Milf. To the pain.

• Junkin said... (original post)Hoop vs Milf. To the pain.

That would be interesting.

MKC can have good articles at times, but journalism's not that hard--with a few hours (30-40 hours of classroom and beat reporting basics) of training, honestly, most here could do her job.

This post was edited by kosartoslaughter 5 months ago

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post)My question to older fans is:1) How did Mary Kay rise to prominence and get this job in the first place? She must be powerful and connected...

I believe in the ninetees, Grossi had worn thin on Belechik and Belechik had him taken off the Browns assignment as a beat reporter.

Milfy was already on staff at the Plain Dealer as a young up and comer and I believe she slid into Grossis seat.

After the he the team left, she earned her time and when the team returned, she was awarded the beat once again.

This is not factual as I was not there, but I that is the best recollection I can deliver.
  • Regarding Grossi beIng demoted and eventually leaving Cleveland.com (Plain Dealer). It was his comments on then Browns owner Randy Lerner calling him “pathetic and irrelevant” as the Browns beat reporter. While not to far off on the truth at the time most agreed you don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

Here is an article—

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2012/01/19/tony-grossi-calls-randy-lerner-pathetic-and-irrelevant-billionaire-in-now-deleted-tweet

Edit: A better article explaining what happened. Also it happened in 2012 not too long ago.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/25/report-accidental-tweet-gets-grossi-removed-from-browns-beat/

This post was edited by phillysid 5 months ago

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post)My question to older fans is:1) How did Mary Kay rise to prominence and get this job in the first place? She must be powerful and connected...

Powerful? She has a beat writer job for a dying paper.... Your Saleforce administrator 2 houses down has more “power”

• phillysid said... (original post)Regarding Grossi beIng demoted and eventually leaving Cleveland.com (Plain Dealer). It was his comments on then Browns owner Randy Lerner calling ...

Grossi was correct, he just clicked the wrong button and sent it to All of his contacts.

• JerrySherk said... (original post)Grossi was correct, he just clicked the wrong button and sent it to All of his contacts.

Yes , he was a 100% right. I blame both Randy and his dad for most of the 20+ years of misery we fans have endured. It has been their botched decisions that have lead to what has transpired. When an organization fails the problem is usually at the top.

• You never want anyone to lose their job. But honestly, it's time for the next up and coming Browns beat reporters to hit the scene. We just need fresh faces and different takes. I'm not saying bring in some kid out of journalism school. It still could be a veteran reporter. We just need something new. Mary Kay, Grossi and a few others can still make a paycheck in their field. But they need to be away from direct contact with the Browns organization.
    It's the same stuff for every cycle of Browns Players and it's getting old.

• phillysid said... (original post)Yes , he was a 100% right. I blame both Randy and his dad for most of the 20+ years of misery we fans have endured. It has been their botched deci...

The Lerners weren't cheap, they hired respected football people with strong resumes, and they did it right. We had a playoff team in 2002, after going 1-15 in 1999. You want to blame them for Butch going crazy? That's an opinion, I guess.

• Rookie said... (original post)Powerful? She has a beat writer job for a dying paper.... Your Saleforce administrator 2 houses down has more “power”

As they should because if you can admin Salesforce effectively you’re worth your weight in gold.

• Maybe those two should get a reality show together.

This post was edited by TheShank 5 months ago