How about that Cardinal defense?

How about that Cardinal defense?

• TomServo said... (original post) 21 points every game this year. 100+ yards rushing in all but one game. They don't have the players... or the scheme... to stop anybody. If w...

The good news is their D is worse than the Bengals. The bad news is their O isn't half-bad.

• Ament said... (original post) Browns are only favored by 2.5. This is a 50/50 game.

And they get 3 for home field advantage, so if we were at home, 8.5?

Kyler hasn't thrown for 200 yards in a game in a month. They have the worst defense in the league. As is, ranked far worse than the 1-12 Bengals.

It's okay to actually root for your team. None of us have predictive powers, none of us actually impact the game. We're just here to be fans. It's okay to say our marginal-performing but very talented team is going to beat up on the worst defense in the league and a rookie QB in a grudge match, with their own overmatched head coach and head-scratching dudes having miserable seasons. That's not crazy.

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post) The good news is their D is worse than the Bengals. The bad news is their O isn't half-bad.

Sure, but the Cards offense with Murray is scoring 20.9 a game this year. The Bengals offense with Dalton has scored 17+ in all but one game. That's not much worse. The Finley Bungles really brought their averages down.

It's a grudge match on both sides. I'm not guaranteeing a win or anything, but when you have the worst defense in the league, which is consistently terrible, and can't stop the run OR the pass, that sounds like a fun week to watch football.

• TomServo said... (original post) Sure, but the Cards offense with Murray is scoring 20.9 a game this year. The Bengals offense with Dalton has scored 17+ in all but one game. That...

Hope it's like the Fins game. :)

Good call Servo!

• Ament said... (original post) Browns are only favored by 2.5. This is a 50/50 game.

I will be surprised if the Browns leave AZ with a win. One thing being a fan of this franchise has taught me: never count on a win.

• Writerdawg said... (original post) I will be surprised if the Browns leave AZ with a win. One thing being a fan of this franchise has taught me: never count on a win.

The Browns were favored by 2 points, in Pittspuke, 2 weeks ago and look at how well that turned out. This team has beaten 2 playoff caliber teams while having lost to 2 teams with 3rd string QBs starting against them. That comparison defines inconsistent by any measure.

This post was edited by Woodlake 1 month ago

• CapacityCrowd said... (original post) I live in AZ and will be at the game on Sunday. While we should beat them, we should not sleep on them. They are capable of putting up some p...

Exactly, to be honest while i'm not a KM believer our lack of pass rush could help him greatly.

This game should be a fairly easy win, but nothing about this team comes easy

• Animaleyz said... (original post) Those two 3rd string QBs were supported by good defenses.

Squeelers are 7-1 in their last 8 games. They’ve figured out ways to win.

• Very poor defense
    They just give up yards and points by the bucket

• Freddie against himself... something has got to give

• Woodlake said... (original post) The Browns were favored by 2 points, in Pittspuke, 2 weeks ago and look at how well that turned out. This team has beaten 2 playoff caliber teams ...

Uh. Nope.

We're extremely consistent. Defensive rankings of the teams we lost to: 9th, 6th, 10th, 3rd, 11th, 1st, and 22nd. The only inconsistency there is the Seahawk game, where we lost after two pretty flukey interceptions and a Russell Wilson comeback. You wanna get worked up against us playing the 5th ranked Raven defense in a week, be my guest. I'm not spending too much time shaking in a corner over the worst defense in the league.

• TomServo said... (original post) They have the worst defense in the league. As is, ranked far worse than the 1-12 Bengals.

Ehh, thats a bit of a stretch. If just points scored, ok, but that doesnt ever tell the whole tale.

They are both bad defenses but the Bungles are much easier to run on. The Cards are easier to throw on. I dont think I'd say FAR worse.

Playcalling and overall gameplan, as usual, will dictate our success or lack of here. THIS is the game to slang the ball around. THIS will be the game Opposite Fred wants to run it 40 times.

• BrownsTown said... (original post) Ehh, thats a bit of a stretch. If just points scored, ok, but that doesnt ever tell the whole tale.They are both bad defenses but the Bungles ar...

The Cards have allowed 4.3 yards per carry and 100+ yards in all but one game this season. Teams that went over 100? The Bengals, the Falcons, the Giants, the Bucs, the Lions. You know, real powerhouse run teams.

The Cards are LAST IN THE LEAGUE in yards allowed. They're 30th in points allowed. They're last in passing yards and passing TDs, and 24th in rushing yards. As I said, they are bad at EVERYTHING and they haven't beaten a single team that even sniffed the playoffs.

Oh, and the Bungles? 23rd in points allowed, 31st in yards. They're 2nd in the league in passes attempted against and LAST in rushing yards and attempts because nobody has to pass on a team that's 1-12. And we just put up 146 yards and a 5.6 yards per carry against them last week. Baker only completed 11 passes and we scored 27 points. They're terrible as well.

But the Cards are bad in every way on defense. It should be a fun game to watch, no matter what.