Is Baker Mayfield Still Trending In The Right Direction?

Is Baker Mayfield Still Trending In The Right Direction?

• Important offseason for Baker. Mechanically and mental approach.

• 54321TouchdownBrowns said... (original post) Important offseason for Baker. Mechanically and mental approach.

The end of the season is pretty important as well.

This post was edited by Ole1Sock 1 month ago

• Ole1Sock said... (original post) The end of the season is pretty important as well.

Of course. But the ship has left the yard for this season. A reset needed.

• 54321TouchdownBrowns said... (original post) Important offseason for Baker. Mechanically and mental approach.

This.

You could see in OTAs and training camp he wasn’t as sharp as he should have been, and it carried over into the season.

His footwork has been bad - but it can and will get fixed.

I still think he’s the guy for Cleveland.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post) I think Mayfield is clearly playing better now than he was early in the season.

That's not the point of the article or my post.

• Everyone knows he regressed big time but it's the fault of the front office, not him. They took away his support system from last year and replaced them with crap. His head coach has never been and head coach before, his QB coach has never been a QB coach before, his offensive coordinator is the HC who can't coach right and calls in plays too late in the huddle, they replaced his best offensive lineman with a JAG, and the HC didn't make sure he got offseason playing time to gel with his new #1 WR. You could tell how uncomfortable he was in week 1 and he still looks that way. Playing in a panic, not taking time to set his feet, and the offense as a whole just being predictable and seemingly without a plan. If there was on book an how to make a great young QB look bad then it was written by John Dorsey and Freddie Kitchens. I just hope they get rid of them both before Baker losses all his confidence. If they get him the tools every QB needs then I think he can go back to being the best young QB in the league.

This post was edited by moneyclip2 1 month ago

• Have you not watched him play this year. NO! Baker has trended down!

Good lord. Terrible post.

• Chopper9 said... (original post) That's not the point of the article or my post.

Well, that’s too bad.

• I wish some of the bullshit I read from the posters here new anything about football. It was never gonna be a one step to the super bowl. This is cleveland is was always gonna be hard for cleveland. No lets fire Dorsey and get rid of Mayfield. What non- sense. If Haslam is like this than we got no chance. Even I don't think everything should stay the same. Receivers are divas and off. linemen are always at a need because the position is difficult to fill with 5 talented professionals. But you are gonna have to give this front office and Baker a chance at least for another year. People talk about culture here. You can't have culture until you have a little success and I mean build on it. You can't fire coaches and GM every year and than say we will start over from scratch. I saw a faint bloom last year. No we didn't meet the fans hopes or maybe the owners hopes but their has to be just a little light to start in the next 3 weeks and than maybe the fans will give em a chance next year.

• I dont think momentum (or lack of) really exists from one season to the next. I dont see any evidence of it. I sure as hell didn't see any evidence of it here this year. And yes I know they lost the last game last year but that was a hard fought game we were all mostly proud of. How many times could you say that this year?

So what broke the momentum? My answer is that it doesnt really exist in the NFL. Teams get better, get worse or stay about the same based on a whole lot of different things but I don't think much, if any of it, has to do with the last couple games the year prior.

• I’m over this dude. Hopefully we get someone to replace Beergut and turn it around for the little fella. If not, 2020 is gonna suck, a la 2019.

• After watching the last 2 3/4 games, NO! He has not shown any improvement through this season. None.

This post was edited by elchuppicabra 1 month ago