Jarvis Landry Refutes Notion That OBJ Wants To Leave The Browns

Jarvis Landry Refutes Notion That OBJ Wants To Leave The Browns

• Discussion
  • He seemed pretty transparent about it . Makes me wonder how true any of the reporting on this is true at all .Some of Our own local media seem to to be just as guilty with their takes and wild speculation.

• muskyjunky said... (original post) He seemed pretty transparent about it . Makes me wonder how true any of the reporting on this is true at all .Some of Our own local media seem t...

Agree 100%. The local media has been acting like they are not even from Cleveland. Even with the Myles situation, I would swear they were all from Pittsburgh. I guess they need to get page hits. I think OBJ feels he loses no matter how he answers questions anymore. Probably is best that he just ignores the media until things turn around for the team. Right now he is an easy target because his name will draw hits.

• I'd do this trade so fast your head would spin...

GET IT DONE!

• g2edawg said... (original post) Agree 100%. The local media has been acting like they are not even from Cleveland. Even with the Myles situation, I would swear they were all from ...

I guess he could just come out and say "I'm happy here in Cleveland and dont have any interest in changing where I am...next question"
    Even if he doesn't feel this way or hops the first plane outta town, who would care? I think the idea is to shut up all the ridiculous noise not add to it
  • cousinosgerbil said... (original post) I guess he could just come out and say "I'm happy here in Cleveland and dont have any interest in changing where I am...next question" Even ...

He did say he was happy
    And get this - he is under contract
    He knows it
    You know it
    Browns know it

• g2edawg said... (original post) Agree 100%. The local media has been acting like they are not even from Cleveland. Even with the Myles situation, I would swear they were all from ...

To be fair to the “evil media”, this was OBJ’s response to a very simple and direct question regarding whether he wants to be here:

“I couldn’t sit here and tell you whether I’m going to be here, want to be here, don’t want to be here.”

What would you do with that if you were a sports writer?

• No man. These people who know what’s going on are full of crap. Jay Glazer has NFL sources. Who is Jarvis Landry and what does he know? WE’VE SEEN VIDEO OF THIS MAN SHAKING HANDS WITH OPPONENTS AFTER GAMES!!!!!

• muskyjunky said... (original post) He seemed pretty transparent about it . Makes me wonder how true any of the reporting on this is true at all .Some of Our own local media seem t...

It's all about the clicks.

• Jim and Pat On Sirius, late in the show, said: Jarvis has been his spokesman since highschool. He’s a Drama Guy, he just needs to play ball period. We’re done trying to interpret his quotes. Everyone wants to be legendary.

• I'll believe Jarvis and Baker more than any idiots in the media. You listening Glazer, Mary Kay and Toni? You're all POS.

• Only one guy can put this story to bed. And he cant tell us if he wants to be here, or doesnt wanna be here.

Yeah lets get pissed at everybody who might be reading something into that.

• All he has to do is rip off a few long plays and all of the leaving chatter will end.

• But I was told Glazer is never wrong ...Sorry can't keep from laughing at that one

• What else is Jarvis gonna say. really? of coarse he is going to say he wants to be here.

This post was edited by Browns34 1 month ago

• The 15 minutes for this story are up.

• marktroy said... (original post) Only one guy can put this story to bed. And he cant tell us if he wants to be here, or doesnt wanna be here.Yeah lets get pissed at everybody who ...

I haven’t been agreeing with you much lately, but I agree with this. And I’m not someone who is down on OBJ or want him gone. For the most part I think he’s handled himself well.

But in this instance, If OBJ doesn’t want a media circus around where he wants to play next year, don’t answer questions about whether he wants to be in Cleveland with the equivalent of “who knows”?

This post was edited by DawgEatDawg 1 month ago

• I’m sure they’ve got audio of him saying it...

• OBJ is one of the best receiver's in the game, he loves attention, winning, and catching touchdowns. Of course he's not happy on a dyfunctional team like The Browns who don't know how to use him. The more interesting question is how could they not think it was a really bad idea to pair a guy who has never been a HC on ANY level with a known diva and problem child like OBJ?

This post was edited by moneyclip2 1 month ago

• First off, he did say it in twitter that he never said that he wanted out of Cleveland. Second, like others have mentioned, he is under contract. Third, how long does it take for him to recover from sports hernia surgery and when should they start? Finally, this is all part of the media build up to tear down that many of us knew that was happening from the summer (Que in the youtube video of the guy who preached this very thing earlier in the year) all to create clicks and viewership.

This post was edited by Obuckyeah 1 month ago

• I down vote because I can! ??

• DawgEatDawg said... (original post) To be fair to the “evil media”, this was OBJ’s response to a very simple and direct question regarding whether he wants to be here:“I couldn’t ...

I agree it would put people to rest if he just said yes I want to be here. However, I think he is more just sick of the stupid questions over and over again. He probably was being honest in his answer. Have you seen our mess of an offense lately? He isn't sure if he does or doesn't want to be here. If things improve then probably yes. He also knows he is under contract. No one knows if the Browns will trade him or any other player on the roster. I just think is tired of the local media only asking questions to stir up drama. How about ask about him and Landry having the best season of any Browns duo. I wish we could replace the locals with the staff of the OBR.

• DawgEatDawg said... (original post) To be fair to the “evil media”, this was OBJ’s response to a very simple and direct question regarding whether he wants to be here:“I couldn’t ...

This. OBJ could have ended it, but, he chose not to.

• TimPiker said... (original post) I'll believe Jarvis and Baker more than any idiots in the media. You listening Glazer, Mary Kay and Toni? You're all POS.

Upvote for spelling Toni correctly :)

People need to get over this idea that local media are somehow cheerleaders for the team. That's simply not the case -- and really never has been.

The media care about one thing these days: getting views or clicks. That's it. There is no other deity to which they humble themselves.

In the past, you can make a fairly solid argument that the media was simply doing their jobs in what was reported and how it was done. That template died a couple decades ago. Now, accuracy in content is essentially meaningless. If you can take a scrap of information and turn it into a story that grabs all kinds of attention, especially on mediums like Twitter, it's successful (in the eyes of those media).

Nothing else matters to them, certainly not whether their story is actually true.

As for OBJ...if he's here, he's here. I have no idea if he's really been hobbled by an injury this season, but something has been off. My hope is that they can figure things out and he can become the weapon we expected when he was acquired. But forcing the ball to him, regardless of the situation, is not how to make him or the team more successful. And that seems to be what has been happening for most of the year.

• When everyone but the guy in question is answering the question.

You know the answer.

This post was edited by shavendawg 1 month ago