JerrySherk out— Dropping the Mod

JerrySherk out— Dropping the Mod

Arrow32
  • Just thought I’d let you guys know I’m no longer a Mod on this or any board. I have a habit of opening my mouth, sometimes sarcastically, and it hasn’t been fully appreciated. Wow, imagine that! You’d think that having been fired from sales jobs a couple of times in my younger years would have taught me a lesson.

It was fun, it was a pain. I tried to appeal to people’s better natures, hoping they would learn enough to Mod themselves. I still believe that some of us, me included, can do better and that it’s not a waste to try to do so.

I‘ll still be an active poster but don’t PM me anymore about bans or deleted topics. If you just want to talk privately that’s fine, I always enjoyed the interaction.

Looking forward to my first ban!

• Discussion
  • If we get a new Mod named Ray, does that mean we could get Ray bans?

• Seriously???!!!!

WTF

Welcome to Snowflake Nation.

Really sorry to hear this.

• JerrySherk said... (original post)Just thought I’d let you guys know I’m no longer a Mod on this or any board. I have a habit of opening my mouth, sometimes sarcastically, and it ...

I thought you were very fair FWIW. Could usually tell when you were sarcastic
  • Thank you for putting the time in that you did.

• salemdog said... (original post)If we get a new Mod named Ray, does that mean we could get Ray bans?

user generated

This post was edited by JerrySherk 5 months ago

• Sorry to hear. Moderating is a pretty thankless job. And there are always those who have an issue with authority. You can never please everyone.

This post was edited by TheShank 5 months ago

• TheShank said... (original post)Sorry to hear. Moderating is a pretty thankless job. And there are always those who have an issue with authority. You can never please everyone.

I wore the Question Authority T-shirt in the early 70’s, wish I had saved that one! My problem, purely, no one else’s.

What a relief, hate to say it but it’s true.

This post was edited by JerrySherk 5 months ago

• Still working on that first ban myself. Thanks for the efforting!

• TomServo said... (original post)Still working on that first ban myself. Thanks for the efforting!

You’re welcome,so are the others who voiced this.

• BiggusDickus said... (original post)Seriously???!!!!WTFWelcome to Snowflake Nation.Really sorry to hear this.

Careful, Snowflake Nation could get you banned. That’s how touchy this has become and I lack the self-control to mod myself.

Snowflake Nation, or the other side, had nothing to do with this, it’s on me.

• Sorry to hear you're stepping down after doing a great job. A thankless job for sure, but necessary.

• Woodlake said... (original post)Sorry to hear you're stepping down after doing a great job. A thankless job for sure, but necessary.

Thanks. Be kind to the next victim, I mean Mod.

• SNOWFLAKES SUCK!
    Rant over.
    Bless your effort for a thankless job. I appreciate it. Always enjoy your posts.

Everyone needs to get laid or loosen the ***** up!

• TomServo said... (original post)Still working on that first ban myself. Thanks for the efforting!

This is amazing
  • Let me be clear, I’m not blaming any authority here. I’ve always been a pain in the **** and hard to deal with and at the end I lacked the ability or just didn’t want to monitor what was coming out of my mouth, here and on other boards. Probably my fault but hey, the Mellencamp song is a great one.

• I'm not gonna do it. Snowflakes do exist.

• JerrySherk said... (original post)I wore the Question Authority T-shirt in the early 70’s, wish I had saved that one! My problem, purely, no one else’s. What a relief, hate to say ...

It could be easily argued you do not question authority but we will leave that to another day. We had a run in or two but I wish you well and honestly its more fun to say whatever you want...(within the rules). Modding is tough choir, I would have banned me as well for not following the rules, hopefully no hard feeling, welcome back down out of the ivory tower.

• ribsnwhiskey said... (original post)It could be easily argued you do not question authority but we will leave that to another day. We had a run in or two but I wish you well and h...

Just posting is easier and a lot more fun. Don’t fall off the edge of the earth and we will argue some more soon

• Good God. Theres people in here that put that much effort into their greivences?

• Grievances?

• Sorry to hear this, you've always been a class act as a mod. Thanks for what you did, I know it was a thankless job.

• Moderators Matter.

Seen them come and go, some of whom I caused some woe.

All of them receive my praise.

And if they were paid, they deserve a raise!

Keep On Rockin' and Non-Moddin' in the Covid Free World, Jerry Sherk

" It's a beautiful day..." < Eddie Vedder in the video ^^^

This post was edited by Kronus 5 months ago

• The many suffer for the few emotionally weak. We as a society have lost our minds in trying to placate a generation that eats Tidepods.

• Thanks, Jerry, for your work. Moderating must be a very tough and exhaustive job. There is no way I could ever do it. I just don't have the patience.