JerrySherk out— Dropping the Mod

JerrySherk out— Dropping the Mod

Arrow32
  • brett said... (original post)Thanks, Jerry, for your work. Moderating must be a very tough and exhaustive job. There is no way I could ever do it. I just don't have the patie...

It should be very obvious by now that I don’t have the patience for it either.

Thanks.

This post was edited by JerrySherk 1 month ago

• Jerry sorry you're no longer a Mod. Some people make it a goal to get butt hurt. When I was younger I used to love baiting them. There are so damn many of them now, I don't want to waste the time. I used to post frequently on the Rant years ago. I enjoyed it. But the Browns have sucked for so many years STR, it was no longer worth the time defending them.

Glad that you still hanging in the cooler.

• Sorry to hear that you are stepping back...but, now you can say what you want and not have to be a good example for the rest of us ne'er do wells!

• I didn't know Mods were voluntary. I thought it was something you got sentenced to as punishment/banishment.user generated

• mortdogsr said... (original post)Sorry to hear that you are stepping back...but, now you can say what you want and not have to be a good example for the rest of us ne'er do w...

Amen.

• I know we don’t see eye to eye on everything but I thought you did a great job as a Mod.

• user generatedCheers, JerrySherk !

'Modding in the Time of Corona' is a tough gig.

This post was edited by flaneur 1 month ago

• flaneur said... (original post)Cheers, JerrySherk ! 'Modding in the Time of Corona' is a tough gig.

Yum.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)I know we don’t see eye to eye on everything but I thought you did a great job as a Mod.

Thanks. In the long run it wasn’t for me.

• Yeah, Sherk. I thought you did OK. Not like some other mod that banned me without warning for about a week for typing a relatively harmless four letter word with an extra character in it. Talk about sensitivity...

Lots of people on this board that just don't get what it's all about. Gotta take every thread into forbidden territory. Thankfully most posters do get it.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your first ban as well.

And for those complaining, there are boards on this site where you can write just about any crazed opinion that you would like without getting banned. The cooler just isn't one of them. Better to just accept it.

This post was edited by FestivusRules 1 month ago

• Modding these boards is a very difficult task, and I'm extremely thankful to those who have tried it and even more thankful to those who have done it for a while.

Look at all the forums that haven't survived in this age of Facebook and other social media... Cleveland.com shut down theirs, Ohio.com's are long gone, the Official Site shut down theirs years ago. They gave up rather than try to moderate them. Our boards go on, in no small part due to the tireless work of our moderators.

It goes without saying that moderation is normally difficult and even more so in an election year. With Covid, extreme partisanship, and an election all coming together, keeping this forum on-track has been a greater challenge than ever before. People's political differences constantly spill over here and we try our best to keep this from becoming a food fight as a result. The Browns are our life blood, and we want to keep that and our general companionship out front.

In addition to the mods, I want to thank everyone here whose humor, love of our Browns, and desire to see these forums succeed has allowed them to live on in one form or another for more than 20 years. Lots of friends have come and gone from these boards, which can claim one business, numerous charitable efforts, and at least one marriage among the side-effects of our existence. I like to think we've done more good than bad, and have every intention of seeing them live on into the foreseeable future.

This post was edited by BarryMcBride 1 month ago

• Grievances......we don't need no stinkin' grievances !

• Diamondback102 said... (original post)Grievances......we don't need no stinkin' grievances !

We need the airing of grievances and the feats of strength. "I'VE GOT A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE!".

• midhawk said... (original post)We need the airing of grievances and the feats of strength. "I'VE GOT A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE!".

Hey, that's my line.

• I know, was unable to help myself.

Perhaps I can make amends by having Kruger wrestle George with you providing the play by play.

• But seriously, I tip my hat to all the mods in this forum. In normal circumstances it is a tough job, but in today's climate, it is almost an undoable, tough job.

Don't go changin' JS. And thank you for your efforts.....and keep posting about the Cleveland Browns !

• Barry is correct and I appreciate the time involved with being a “Mod”.

That said I was a victim of this guy who banned me for 30 days after a post I made he disagreed with. No profanity, no personal attacks , and no warning. It just didn’t fit his personal political agenda. He used his power to punish me and others.

This post was edited by Section36RowG 1 month ago

• Section36RowG said... (original post)Barry is correct and I appreciate the time involved with being a “Mod”. That said I was a victim of this guy who banned me for 30 days after a ...

I’m betting, maybe hoping, there was something in that post that earned you a ban rather than simply the fact that he politically didn’t agree with it. I don’t know which mod you’re are talking about but trust me, this isn’t easy.

I suggest you send him a PM and without screaming at him, ask him why your post earned you a vacation.

• It was you Mr. Sherk who banned me without notice. Please feel free to look at my last post prior to your ban.

• Section36RowG said... (original post)It was you Mr. Sherk who banned me without notice. Please feel free to look at my last post prior to your ban.

Really? When was that? I apologize if so, maybe that’s a good reason why I’m packing it in.

Hey 80’s or TD, check this out please and rescind if you think it wasn’t warranted.

• Section36RowG said... (original post)It was you Mr. Sherk who banned me without notice. Please feel free to look at my last post prior to your ban.

Nope, found it and with the new rules it was a bannable offense. It would have been so if you dropped a descriptive word to the other side too.

The new reality

• JerrySherk said... (original post)Really? When was that? I apologize if so, maybe that’s a good reason why I’m packing it in. Hey 80’s or TD, check this out please and rescind if ...

Looks like he brought up Kapernick and who knows what else in the "Happy 4th of July" thread. If you hadn't banned him TD or I would have. His ban ended August 5th.

• I guess I need to read the “new “ rules. Although I am at a loss as to what warranted an immediate ban. And I have seen far more egregious comments go without comment or penalties.
    And I guess what offended me most was the deletion of my post again not profane in anyway but did not apparently match your political stance.

This post was edited by Section36RowG 1 month ago

• FTR, I hold no grudges or animosity towards any mods at the OBR except the Yinzer... and his pal from Michigan

That being said, I'll give 10 - 1 odds the mods feel 100% differently about me but, I don't blame them