Lamar Jackson.

Lamar Jackson.

Arrow4
  • Lamar Jackson. Love this dude and it sucks, it hurts. The new prodigy is sweeping the league for one of the most well run organizations in sports. I think Baker will be a damn good Qb and he suits our fan base and city, and I honestly Doubt it Lamar would have been the MVP here. But does he have to be this good? Lol. He is highly accurate (wth), doesn’t get hurt (wth), and is an incredible leader of men (wth). All characteristics most folks doubted coming into that draft. Hell, the Ravens selected their backup TE before him. He is younger than Joe Burrows! Holy hell, we are in for it for a while. A transcendent QB is now dominating the league and is now a threat to the win the AFCN each and every year he plays. And it sucks... he is one of my favorite players to root for (even back in college). Lamar is making this season even suckier and I can’t take my eyes away.

• Discussion
  • You wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best! Whooooo!

(Maybe the AFC North being competitive has actually helped the Steelers and Ravens. Maybe it can do the same for us)

• jdshro said... (original post) Lamar Jackson. Love this dude and it sucks, it hurts. The new prodigy is sweeping the league for one of the most well run organizations in sports. I ...

He's gonna come back down to earth eventually. To what degree remains to be seen, but this level of production just isn't sustainable long term. I doubt he goes into any "suck" category or even average, but he's not going to be unstoppable for the next decade.
  • Animaleyz said... (original post) He's gonna come back down to earth eventually. To what degree remains to be seen, but this level of production just isn't sustainable l...

And even Tom Brady is intermittently stoppable.

Baker has actually been pretty competitive with Lamar. When it became clear Darnold couldn’t keep up then that game was over.

This post was edited by Ole1Sock 1 month ago

• We stopped him once before and we can do it again. He's having a great season, and if he can stand the test of time, good for him. But sooner or later, he will be figured out.

• Baker must lead the win against Baltimore...not just a manager...need more scoring because their offense is rolling

• You run 10 times a game you will get hurt he got very lucky last night he ran around aimlessly and almost got concussed. Its fun for now but it never lasts.

• Kid is unreal. It just sucks that of all teams he has to play on, it's the f'in Ravens.

• I still can't believe the improvement he made from last year. Last year he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Now he is dropping dimes.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post) And even Tom Brady is intermittently stoppable.Baker has actually been pretty competitive with Lamar. When it became clear Darnold couldn’t keep u...

That game was over before it started.

• No link but saw yesterday that in 20 NFL games he has taken 270 hits. This is the highest amount of hits in this time frame since the stat began in 2006

• CCClay57 said... (original post) No link but saw yesterday that in 20 NFL games he has taken 270 hits. This is the highest amount of hits in this time frame since the stat began i...

If Harbaugh doesn't dial back the hits he's taking, he's going to have a career just like a running back...meaning, shorter than a normal QB. Maybe you can take that punishment 3-5 years, but not 5-10.

• schafrath said... (original post) If Harbaugh doesn't dial back the hits he's taking, he's going to have a career just like a running back...meaning, shorter than a ...

Yeah, but, if they get a SB win, it's worth it.

• dapound said... (original post) I still can't believe the improvement he made from last year. Last year he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Now he is dropping dime...

Maybe a qb coach who focuses on mechnaics, plus I don't think that Lamar was told to take some time away from the game and make 45 commercials.

• schafrath said... (original post) If Harbaugh doesn't dial back the hits he's taking, he's going to have a career just like a running back...meaning, shorter than a ...

More like RG 3

• Deshawn Watson had a year like this .... now its what have you done for me lately?

• AudieTheGreat said... (original post) Deshawn Watson had a year like this .... now its what have you done for me lately?

Ehhh.... not really

• AudieTheGreat said... (original post) Deshawn Watson had a year like this .... now its what have you done for me lately?

Watson is my starting fantasy qb, so I can attest to the fact that hes average at best this year.
  • Lol....dude is too legit to quit.....headache for years to come.

• Loved him in college. His game vs Clemson was legendary. As an NFL QB his stay will be short lived like every other QB that has made a living on running unless he evolves as a passer. The beating is just too much in the big leagues. He's going to take shots. They all do. Cam is the most physically imposing QB in history. He's now washed up. At 30. He never developed his passing game, still making the same mistakes he did his first year.

Lamar isn't transcendent. We've seen this before. Randall. Vick. They eventually abandoned their feet and learned to play from the pocket. It extended their NFL stay. We'll see if he does the same.

• I'm in ACC country so I watched him in college, looked a lot like Vick to me. Ultimately Va Tech had top level defense and special teams which Louisville didn't, but from a pure offensive perspective he seemed to have all the tools from my perspective. I never understood the narrative that he wasn't going to be an NFL QB, or wasn't a first rounder. Some of the analysis just seemed rushed and lazy to my untrained and un-informed eyes. I thought he was a legitimate NFL 1st round fqb.

My guess is that someone will shut him down in the playoffs. But he works hard, I think you'll him continue to be more and more of a passer as he grows. If he can keep from getting injured this season I think he'll be able to continue to develop.

• The way he plays he will get hurt time and time again. He is better than Vick, but Vick is an example of what that style of play from QB eventually brings. Look at Cam!

• His career will be very interesting to watch. A blown out knee or shoulder could change everything. Of course that could be said for any player but Jackson puts himself in bad spots. He's going to take some vicious hits.

I tend to think that he runs a bit less often every year. He adjusts. He gets even better in the passing game. And it makes me ill.

• NCSDawg said... (original post) I'm in ACC country so I watched him in college, looked a lot like Vick to me. Ultimately Va Tech had top level defense and special teams which ...

That's the difference between Jackson and the running QB's in the past. Jackson has improved in his passing accuracy dramatically this year. He seems to be developing a sense of when to run and when to throw the ball. I'm still skeptical that a run first pass second QB can be successful over the long term but Jackson is certainly the one that appears to be the guy who may be able to do it.

This post was edited by DrMemory 1 month ago

• Give it a week. Let's see if the Browns beat up on him again.

• dapound said... (original post) I still can't believe the improvement he made from last year. Last year he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Now he is dropping dime...

Well, that's largely because they limit their attack to the throws he can make.

Also, can we cancel "dropping dimes"? Everybody is using that term and it's already stale as hell.