Lamar Jackson.

Lamar Jackson.

Arrow4
  • Whatever Modell did or didn't do, it doesn't matter. It's 23 years later and it shows you guys haven't gotten over it. I came over here to discuss Lamar Jackson. I admit to only knowing a portion of what Modell did. Part of what you guys say is true and part of it isn't true. But the team is here and is a very well run franchise with a great owner, front office and head coach. Last I checked, Modell wasn't the owner anymore. I'm not here to be a troll, I'm only here to engage in discussion. Now lets continue with the Lamar Jackson talk. I have no issues with you banning me, if you feel you need to do so, but I'm not calling you guys out like some of you have called me a ratbird because I root for the Ravens. Go ahead if you feel you need to do that. However I've never seen a franchise as arrogant that has such a bad win loss record. That doesn't stand for all of you, but there are a bunch of them.

• JohnReglarperson said... (original post) True, but what happened in that game was too much unnecessary passing. Passing led to passing failures led to punts, and the Browns got a ...

I give credit to the Browns but we definitely had a bad game that day, but you beat us fair and square. That being said, we have improved tremendously, sured up our defense, traded for Marcus Peters, Jimmy Smith came back from injury and are now one of the top defenses in the league.

• brett said... (original post) C'mon man. A QB who throws 23 times a game (and completes 15 of them) is not a pass first QB, nor is the offense pass-first. You have the power ...

A run first qb is a qb that takes one read and then chooses to run without keeping his eyes downfield. I'm not talking about the designed runs that Greg Roman calls in the offense. He has always been a pass first quarterback. Vick was a run first qb, without a doubth. All you have to see is how he keeps his eyes downfield and if something doesn't open up, then he will run. That's a run first qb. Just watch some of the film and you will see the same thing. Baldy breaks him down very well.

• howldawg said... (original post) So two illegitimate teams makes it alright ?He was given a stadium (which he refused) but not a fifty million dollar bribe. So take your liars his...

I don't care how they got to Baltimore, they are here and flourishing. Something they didn't do in Cleveland and the Colts are doing well in Indianapolis. Hopefully one day the Browns have more success, but it won't happen with Kittens as coach. I still have faith in Mayfield but he has to put in the work to get better.

• Dreamdog said... (original post) RBs run on designed runs too. It’s a when situation not an if - every player in the NFL sustains injury it’s just to what degree. It may not be th...

we are talking about QB's not RB's and yes every one has some type of injury, even the players that play through an injury. Hell he just played through a quad contusion on Thursday night. That injury happened in the pocket on the 61 yard touchdown pass to Hayden Hurst. That is where most qb injuries happen.

RBs run on designed run, that's a laugh. It's called a play call where they go right or left or up the middle and then cut back to find the opening. They are going 11 on 11 every play. Lamar occasionally runs power, but most are designed runs left and right and he is protected gets down or runs out of bounds. No question he gets hit sometimes but they aren't very strong hits. He did take one hit when he broke the record on Thursday night though.

• RavensFanMania said... (original post) I don't care how they got to Baltimore, they are here and flourishing. Something they didn't do in Cleveland and the Colts are doi...

Thanks for condescending! Kindly screw off!

Kittens 1 Harbaugh 0

Mayfield 2 Ravens 1

• brett said... (original post) I know you don't see it that way. You see what fits your desired image of football and your understanding of the game, not anywhere near the ent...

they beat the seahawks in Seattle 30-16, they creamed the Rams in LA where Lamar Jackson played 3 quarters, they creamed the Texans where Lamar Jackson played 3 quarters, they creamed the Patriots, but no they aren't creaming anyone. Are they crushing everyone, no they aren't. They won a close game against the 2nd best team in the league in the 49ers with a huge downpour and beat the Bills in a game I expected to be close with 25-35 mph winds.

It's not just the Jets, Cincinnati, and Miami that they are creaming. They are beating teams soundly and soundly enough that Lamar Jackson doesn't have to play the 4th quarter. Remember, you are playing the same teams.

• RavensFanMania said... (original post) I don't care how they got to Baltimore, they are here and flourishing. Something they didn't do in Cleveland and the Colts are doi...

I know that was a mistype but so true.

Kittens = Kitchens

• A QB only has to stay good and healthy for a few seasons to make it well worth it.

Would you trade 6 years of above average QBing that might or might not get a playoff win vs a dynamic player like Wilson or Jackson who can win a SB in one year ? Or two ?

Sure you would.

The elite QBs like the Brady’s and P. Manning’s, who play for years at a high level are the exception. Wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for that.

Windows for championships are often here and then gone in a few seasons.

But anyway, not wanting a QB that can run because of the injury thing really makes little sense in LJ’s case.

He already has made that Raven pick of him a resounding success imo.

Baker ? We’re still waiting and hoping . And goes without saying that pocket passers get major injuries too.

This post was edited by TheShank 1 month ago

• Most injuries do happen in the pocket, of course they do. Thats where most QBs are at most of the time.

The thing that escapes some people is, yes - QBs are going to get hit in the pocket, including guys like Lamar, but when they do, some of those minor injuries will end up impacting what makes him so dangerous, meanwhile pocket QB can still stand back there dinged up and throw the ball around. it doesn't impact his game and the teams overall scheme much if at all. I'm still not sure if Lamar is a bonafide pocket passer. Right now he looks like he is because of the threat and defenses arent equipped to handle that at this moment. They will eventually though. (Not all of them) but even the lowly Browns shut Vick down in his prime in the Run William Run game. So did other teams. Defenses will adjust. He will take hits that slow his roll and we'll see what happens then. Vick, to borrow from Mike Trivisonno, "never won a sausage" either so... we shall see. All I know is last year, Mahomes was unstoppable and he was gonna rule the league the next decade and..and...and....and now...he's all of a sudden stoppable and beatable. The hype train is always louder than reality. For all the Vick hype at the time, unstoppable, game changing etc., he appeared in 6 playoff games, never won a playoff game past the first round and overall 2-4. I want to see what happens when teams completely take the run away from LJ, and they will, and then let's see what happens. Buffalo did a decent job of it last week, and they still won so credit due and paid there but that was more on the Bills offense looking like a trash can than anything else. Had they done anything on offense, that was a Baltimore L.

• RavensFanMania said... (original post) they beat the seahawks in Seattle 30-16, they creamed the Rams in LA where Lamar Jackson played 3 quarters, they creamed the Texans where La...

Their offense is playing better than they did in the first part of the year. And my point wasn’t that the Ravens aren’t a strong team. They are. But your fellow Jackson fan likes to take one game and generalize it into something grander. Something he does quite often. But since you called, I’ll also point out the defensive adjustments made after the first few games were huge. Ravens were not a good defensive team to start the year. Peters trade was big, for example. An offense like the Ravens needs a good defense to make sure the game stays close. Harbaugh knows that a good as they have been playing, they need to be playing from ahead or within one score.

• Ravens will be the team of the decade. I hate being right all the time.

• BrownsTown said... (original post) Most injuries do happen in the pocket, of course they do. Thats where most QBs are at most of the time.The thing that escapes some people is, ye...

Suffice it to say that the Ravens and Jackson will not look like this year in and year out. They just won’t. No teams that have seasons like this maintain that level.

That said, they will be an issue for a long time. I know most aren’t seeing it yet, but so will we. Everything has gone right for them this season. Everything has gone wrong for us. The truth on both teams is in the middle.

• Animaleyz said... (original post) He's gonna come back down to earth eventually. To what degree remains to be seen, but this level of production just isn't sustainable l...

Kapernick has a good couple seasons for a Harbaugh too

• Charlie Malarkey said... (original post) Ravens will be the team of the decade. I hate being right all the time.

I hate you posting like a jackass all the time.
  • BrownsTown said... (original post) Most injuries do happen in the pocket, of course they do. Thats where most QBs are at most of the time.The thing that escapes some people is, ye...

Not sure who you are trying to convince.

But the game is changing. QBs (including running QBs) are being protected via rules changes.

And it’s not really about longevity. It’s a window . Maybe a few years.

As for Mahommes, in his first season as a starter , he lost to the GOAT in a SB . There is no shame in that.

I’d take that in a heart-beat .

As I would a QB who won NFL MVP , Offensive Player of the Year, and First team All-Pro.

There really is no debate here, and you’re really reaching.

Mahomes and LJ aren’t Michael Vick or RGIII.

This post was edited by TheShank 1 month ago

• RavensFanMania said... (original post) I don't care how they got to Baltimore, they are here and flourishing. Something they didn't do in Cleveland.

8-Championships be damned.

• FLADAWG1 said... (original post) To those comparing him to Baker, stop. Two totally different QBS, Lamar is a run and throw QB, Baker is more of a pocket/roll out QB. Two styles o...

The "team" did not go to Baltimore. The players did. The name, histpry and records all stayed in Cleveland.

• Just a thought.

What would an offense with Lamar Jackson and Saquon Barkley look like?

Yikes

• BrownsFan1313 said... (original post) Just a thought. What would an offense with Lamar Jackson and Saquon Barkley look like?Yikes

Almost as good as an offense with Lamar Jackson and Nick Chubb.
  • Pro Football Focus just put this out...this is scary because barring Injury he might just be scratching the surface of his talent...

user generated

• re: Rats fan telling us to "get over it".

if the franchise hadn't been this bad for 20 years or so? I think the healing would have started quite a long time ago and it wouldn't really be discussed as much.

Flipside? Baltimore fans have not moved on from the Colts moving. There's been documentaries, NFL specials, etc. This is despite of the Ravens winning multiple Super Bowls and receiving numerous other accolades from the NFL. Colts come to town? You guys still list "Indianapolis" on the scoreboard and not the Colts. Kinda the pot calling the kettle black, eh?

We'll "get over it" when this franchise puts up results. For now? No.

Also to add? If the Browns were in this same position (ie division champs,super bowl run, etc). The very last place i would be spending my time on would be a Steelers or Ravens board. i'd be out celebrating or looking forward to the next week.

This post was edited by GallesKraco3 1 month ago

• TheShank said... (original post) Not sure who you are trying to convince. But the game is changing. QBs (including running QBs) are being protected via rules changes. And it’s not ...

The point was, at this time last year, Mahomes was the future MVP for the next decade, Hall of Fame shoe in and SB winner. never seen anyone do this and that before. And now he's come back down a little and is beatable.

That doesn't mean Mahomes sucks and it doesn't mean Lamar sucks, they don't and won't. I don't know how you got that from my post. I just think the hype train is a little excessive right now. As it always is.

But to be honest, if we had a guy playing like this right now, we'd all be just as hyped so I get it. And Lamar is compared to Vick more than anyone else.

• fidelityone said... (original post) The "team" did not go to Baltimore. The players did. The name, histpry and records all stayed in Cleveland.

I'm fully aware the history stayed in Cleveland, as it should have. That wouldn't have been right to go full Baltimore Colts. In the Colts situation all the Colts alumni represent the Baltimore Ravens team, not the Indianapolis Colts team.

• RavensFanMania said... (original post) I'm fully aware the history stayed in Cleveland, as it should have. That wouldn't have been right to go full Baltimore Colts. In t...

Baltimore makes cleveland look like miami beach (...)

This post was edited by DropkickPride 1 month ago