Many media members overrating Pittsburgh Steelers

Many media members overrating Pittsburgh Steelers

• It seems to me that whenever I'm watching these sports' talk shows on TV, there is someone saying the Steelers are still the favorite to win the division, they're still the Steelers, blah blah blah

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel they are going to be hurting this season?

I don't think any team can lose arguably a Top 5 WR in the NFL, as well as quite possibly the best All-Around RB in the league (and I hate the Steelers but Brown and Bell are superior talents), and not feel the effect.

They added a couple of pieces, and lost others. Their secondary is shaky as usual.

I see them as an 8-8, 9-7 team at best.

Thoughts?

• Discussion
  • They might have the best O Line and D Line. They have Ben, Juju, Conner, and a good supporting cast. I think they're 10-6 and maybe 11-5. The Browns will battle them toe to toe. Should be an epic season.

• Rumors of their demise have been so premature that I don’t blame media members for being skeptical until irrefutable proof arrives.

It’s like in a work of fiction: a character is not dead until the audience is shown the body.

This post was edited by Ole1Sock 6 months ago

• Schuster's production was a benefit of having one of the top 2-3 Wideouts in the game across from you. Now he is the #1 and there isn't anyone across from him. Let's see how he does against the #1 CBs of the league.

Ben had a very good year, but because they were so pass heavy, it will be hard to replicate.

Connor would be the 3rd best RB on our team.

• As much as I want them to suck, they still are a very strong team. I hate pig Jen but as long as he is healthy they will be a force to be reckoned with.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)

Rumors of their demise have been so premature that I don’t blame media member...

The Squeelers haven't had a losing record since 2003. Until that actually happens they will remain the class of the division.
    Time for the Browns to step up and take that away from the inbred.

• As long as Roethlisberger is playing, they have a shot. They will be a tough out in most games, If he goes down, though, their season is toast.

• By week 3, they won't be.

• I agree with the OP. They were 9-6-1 last year and lost a top 5 WR and a top 5 RB (granted he sat out) but I’m supposed to believe that they have improved?

I know Tomlin is trying to play it off as addition by subtraction but what else is he supposed to say?

But yea I get it the Steelers have been good for so long that ppl just assume they will be good.

This post was edited by shiblet80 6 months ago

• Their QB is like what....57 years old now????

• Frbuck said... (original post)

Their QB is like what....57 years old now????

All the raping keeps him healthy.

• JalapenoJoe said...

They might have the best O Line and D Line. They have Ben, Juju, Conner, and a good supporting cast. I think they're 10-6 and maybe 11-5. The Browns will battle them toe to toe. Should be an epic season.

I don't think they have done anything to improve their record this year over last year. I think that turns to a loss this year and 9-7 is the best they can do.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)

Rumors of their demise have been so premature that I don’t blame media member...

Yep - they could still win 12+ games this year. Our two head to head games - 17 days apart - will be freaking gigantic, and should have huge implications on the Division. Wildcard will be tough to get from the North this year - possible, but West and South are going to make a WC spot difficult - best to win the Division.

• brbbva said... (original post)

JalapenoJoe said... They might have the best O Line and D Line. They have...

Their pass D isn't great, but I hate that they got Devin Bush at #10.
    Ben is still there.
    They get 2 guaranteed wins against CIN like we do.
    I see them at 9-7 or better, minimum.
    To win the Central we must start splitting with PIT and BAL every year and sweeping CIN.

• forty4five5 said... (original post)

Yep - they could still win 12+ games this year. Our two head to head games - 17 days apart - will be freaking gigantic, and should have huge implications on the Division. Wildcard will be tough to get from the North this year - possible, but West and South are going to make a WC spot difficult - best to win the Division.

I'm not trying to argue, but they went 9-6-1 last year with Antonio Brown.

How are they going to be better without Brown?

• lumberman2 said... (original post)

I'm not trying to argue, but they went 9-6-1 last year with Antonio Brown.

How are they going to be better without Brown?

People probably say thing about Tom Brady. He loses someone every year, but, he is still Tom Brady.

• Let the season play out..Pukesburgh is still a dangerous team.
    Lets see what happens.

• DarNoor said... (original post)

People probably say thing about Tom Brady. He loses someone every year, but, he is still Tom Brady.

Roethlisberger isn't Tom Brady, that's the difference.

• lumberman2 said... (original post)

Roethlisberger isn't Tom Brady, that's the difference.

Roethlisberger - W-174 L-69 Comp% 64.4 TD%5.4 INT%2.7 QBR 94.2
    Brady - W-207 L-60 Comp% 64 TD%5.5 INT%1.8 QBR 97.6

It's a lot closer than any Browns fan would care to admit.

• I'm so sick of Browns fans being Browns fans. Let's face facts, the Browns are the most talented team in the AFC North by a wide margin. I fully expect to go 5-1 or 6-0 against these other teams and for not until the foreseeable future the Browns will be to the AFC North what the Patriots have been to the AFC East.

It's 2019, the Browns are better than the rest of the division. It's about F'ing TIME.

• DrMemory said... (original post)

Roethlisberger - W-174 L-69 Comp% 64.4 TD%5.4 INT%2.7 QBR 94.2

Brady - W-207 L-60 Comp% 64 TD%5.5 INT%1.8 QBR 97.6

It's a lot closer than any Browns fan would care to admit.

And one guy has won 6 Super Bowls, to the other QB's 2 wins.

I'm not saying Roethlisberger isn't a very good QB, but Brady is on another level.

• ekark09 said... (original post)

I'm so sick of Browns fans being Browns fans. Let's face facts, the Browns are the most talented team in the AFC North by a wide margin. I fully expect to go 5-1 or 6-0 against these other teams and for not until the foreseeable future the Browns will be to the AFC North what the Patriots have been to the AFC East.

It's 2019, the Browns are better than the rest of the division. It's about F'ing TIME.

+1

There is doom and gloom even when our division rival loses major parts, and we have a great offseason.

Still some don't want to believe we are that good, even when it's staring us in the face.

• I think the funniest thing in contemporary media is when a popular opinion takes form, then everyone and their mother adopts the opposite viewpoint, thinking they're a little bit smarter than the average cookie, not realizing they are just another shill with the same take as everyone else.

That's the Browns right now. They became the hot team in March, now every talking head wants the world to know they should pump the brakes on the Browns hype machine, completely oblivious to the fact that that's what every other stiff is saying.

I think that's why the yinz are now the popular team in the media right now. All these quacks think they're ahead of the curve by picking them.

• Steelers are the team to beat until proven otherwise.

I'm so sick of Browns fans being Browns fans. Let's face facts, the Browns are the most talented team in the AFC North by a wide margin. I fully expect to go 5-1 or 6-0 against these other teams and for not until the foreseeable future the Browns will be to the AFC North what the Patriots have been to the AFC East.

can't and won't speak for others.
    Myself..no matter the talent the Browns have amassed, it will take some time for them to get used to each other and learn to play together..our division rivals have been together for a while.

I like your style, you made me laugh.

You’re delusional, but I like your style.

The Browns have a chance to be really good, I suppose conceivably as good as NE. But how do you equate Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincinnati to the Jets, Bills and Dolphins over the past decade?