Murphy: Baker 1st to get consecutive 3000yd seasons since Bernie

Murphy: Baker 1st to get consecutive 3000yd seasons since Bernie

Arrow4
  • Discussion
  • wow, that says alot, not being sarcastic, I wish him to better, and break many Of Bernies' records,

• And he's had a pretty ***** y year as well.

• craigzg4 said... (original post) And he's had a pretty ***** y year as well.

That's the scary part.

Just wait until these guys actual click and 'get good'.

• DawgsOfCleveland said... (original post) wow, that says alot, not being sarcastic, I wish him to better, and break many Of Bernies' records,

I’d say the same thing but I’d say it sarcastically. And not at Baker’s expense. That’s a lot of years of QBs to not have ANY achieve the most basic of stats in the 21st century 2 years in a row.

• Last 16-game starter was Couch in 2001, and before that, I think it was Vinny in 1994, and before that, Kosar in 1989. Every other year has had split-starts from QBs.

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post) Last 16-game starter was Couch in 2001, and before that, I think it was Vinny in 1994, and before that, Kosar in 1989. Every other year ha...

How many did Kizer get?

• Brrexkl said... (original post) How many did Kizer get?

I think he had 13-14, as Hogan had a few.

• Brrexkl said... (original post) That's the scary part.Just wait until these guys actual click and 'get good'.

Until they have an actual coach and/or an actual QB coach to help him develop, I won't hold my breath. As to BFM and his potential -- I still believe he can be an outstanding FQB, but he needs to start taking what defenses give him, instead of always looking for the big play downfield. I'm not saying he should stop going for the big plays altogether, but he needs to temper when and how he does it. There were a lot of yards to be had today by throwing more to Hunt and others underneath. One encouraging thing was a couple plays where the Browns actually used motion and misdirection, and had some success. We haven't seen much of that since last season.

• Not Charlie Frye?

Huh.

• Nasdaq said... (original post) Not Charlie Frye?Huh.

Brady Quinn was right there.

Manziel was only a few yards shy in each of his only two NFL seasons.

• Writerdawg said... (original post) Until they have an actual coach and/or an actual QB coach to help him develop, I won't hold my breath. As to BFM and his potential -- I sti...

Completely agree. There was a game earlier this year where Drew Brees threw for something like 350+ yards and only 1-2 passes went over 10-15 yards in the air. I understand he’s been doing it for 18+? years but Baker needS to start with the dump down passes now.

• Brrexkl said... (original post) That's the scary part.Just wait until these guys actual click and 'get good'.

That makes me feel a little better. Still believe in Baker and glad we have him.

Just keep him upright!

At least we can say we have a FQB, and this comes from someone who pimped Darnold. I loved Darnold but got on board with Baker after reading about some off-the-field stories about him (he does a ton of charity work and was a walk-on with a fiery temperament).

This post was edited by kosartoslaughter 1 month ago

• CB1971 said... (original post) Completely agree. There was a game earlier this year where Drew Brees threw for something like 350+ yards and only 1-2 passes went over 10-15 yards ...

It's why I'm ok with Carmichael as head coach next season.

• Hiko said... (original post) I’d say the same thing but I’d say it sarcastically. And not at Baker’s expense. That’s a lot of years of QBs to not have ANY achieve the most basic o...

oh, no doubt about it. unexcusable to say the least, but for Baker to do it, SINCE, says alot about the Franchise since then.

• Very surprising considering he has the lowest passer rating and completion % in the NFL.

• Brinkcle said... (original post) Very surprising considering he has the lowest passer rating and completion % in the NFL.

For a person that doesn’t watch games or only looks at a couple of stats, correct. It could be surprising.

This post was edited by Ole1Sock 1 month ago

• Ole1Sock said... (original post) For a person that doesn’t watch games or only looks at a couple of stats, correct.

First half was bad, yea. I dont really put the first INT on him. But he did in fact make plays at key moments. That middle screen to Landry with 3 minutes left(that Taylor challenged and tried to say was in illegal forward pass) was executed perfectly and was pretty much the game clincher.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post) For a person that doesn’t watch games or only looks at a couple of stats, correct. It could be surprising.

Thank you for the permission to be surprised.

• Brinkcle said... (original post) Thank you for the permission to be surprised.

I never gave you permission.

• Animaleyz said... (original post) First half was bad, yea. I dont really put the first INT on him. But he did in fact make plays at key moments. That middle screen to Landry with ...

To be fair, we did have a block downfield before the catch.

We got super lucky on that one.

• Brrexkl said... (original post) To be fair, we did have a block downfield before the catch.We got super lucky on that one.

Thought it was pretty close to the one yard window but I could be wrong.

• Brrexkl said... (original post) To be fair, we did have a block downfield before the catch.We got super lucky on that one.

Pass was behind the LOS.

• Animaleyz said... (original post) Pass was behind the LOS.

To Landry in the middle? No, I don't believe it was. A good 2-3 yards in front of it, actually. This is the one Baker pumped like 3 times on, by the way. So there is no confusion on which play.

• Brinkcle said... (original post) Very surprising considering he has the lowest passer rating and completion % in the NFL.

He actually now is also the only QB with more INTs than TDS as well.

• Brrexkl said... (original post) To Landry in the middle? No, I don't believe it was. A good 2-3 yards in front of it, actually. This is the one Baker pumped like 3 times on, ...

with 3 minutes left in the 4th? That's the one I mean