Murphy: Baker 1st to get consecutive 3000yd seasons since Bernie

Murphy: Baker 1st to get consecutive 3000yd seasons since Bernie

Arrow4
  • Brinkcle said... (original post) This baby has been stumbling around for 20 years. When is this kid going to learn how to walk like all the other kids in class?

Let’s keep changing teachers every couple months. Shouldn’t hurt this developmentally disabled kid one iota.

• Thanks Coop.

What does #19 think of #6?

• CB1971 said... (original post) You’re right - we should cut him since he’ll never amount to anything

Nobody said anything about cutting him, moron.

Just be realistic in your expectations.

• Brrexkl said... (original post) I'll have to go back and look again, then.

Here it is. Landry is 2 yards behind the LOS. Unless im blind

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1203782004900319232?s=19

• Animaleyz said... (original post) Here it is. Landry is 2 yards behind the LOS. Unless im blindhttps://twitter.com/Browns/status/1203782004900319232?s=19

Bernie and Vinny would throw those to Metcalf and let him go to work. Watch the first 1:10 of this clip. The link works despite the warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wafxQ63iwMg

This post was edited by kosartoslaughter 1 month ago

• Hiko said... (original post) Brady Quinn was right there.Manziel was only a few yards shy in each of his only two NFL seasons.

Manziel was a few lines short
  • Brinkcle said... (original post) Nobody said anything about cutting him, moron. Just be realistic in your expectations.

Name calling usually helps your point - well done.

This post was edited by CB1971 1 month ago

• Animaleyz said... (original post) Here it is. Landry is 2 yards behind the LOS. Unless im blindhttps://twitter.com/Browns/status/1203782004900319232?s=19

Holy *****, that part seems right. In real time, looked like he had gotten deeper.

I stand corrected. And thanks for grabbing the film so I didn't have to dig for a specific play. Was really helpful!

• vt1983 said... (original post) Manziel was a few lines short

The problem with Manziel may have been TO MANY lines.

• Nasdaq said... (original post) Not Charlie Frye?Huh.

SmartSelect_20191210-064834_Bing.jpg
  • Brrexkl said... (original post) Holy *****, that part seems right. In real time, looked like he had gotten deeper.I stand corrected. And thanks for grabbing the film so I didn...

Seeong the relays at the stadium I remember thinking "wow he was close" but I didn't realize he wasnt really until I saw this yesterday

• Ew, did someone just try to sell “Baker-nators” as a thing?

• Writerdawg said... (original post) Apples to tuna boat comparison. Josh Allen is not being asked to carry an offense.

Ah, ah, ahhhh...if "you are what your record says you are"...who's the tuna boat? Allen has his team headed to the playoffs.

My point isn't about Allen...it's about hyperbole and discernment; too often folks make definitive statements about potential among human beings...and since young football players are guys who just came from the "snowflake cultural immersion" predominating on college campuses...it shouldn't surprise us that players today, seemingly take a longer period of time to adjust to being responsible for their own lives and accountable for their own utterances and their own success on the job than they might have ten years ago.

Rookie behaviors, including a laissez faire attitude toward work required to succeed in the NFL seemingly are lasting longer and a lot of it has to do with the societal trend toward laissez faire parenting which encourages the attitude where "boys will be boys" is still applied to young men (and women..) in their early to mid twenties.

The ability to accept responsibility and its concurrent and most important attribute, accountability...is much delayed... at a time when the pressure to win in the NFL is becoming more intense.

Players arrive with less maturity and are thrown into situations that their upbringing does not prepare them to handle. Hence...they don't handle situations with grace, aplomb or mature behavior.

It's not shocking...it's a societal issue...kids are being raised to be kids for as long as possible...thereby putting off the demands for acceptance of adult level responsibility and accountability; therefore, as football fans we shouldn't be shocked that an entire team full of "college aged boys"...don't evince mature, team oriented professional business like attitudes and behaviors.

This team, and the players on it has to "grow up"...because there are not many adults in any of "the rooms."

This team has tremendous athletic skill to exploit...but the emotional maturation required to exploit the physical skill is still way too low; there isn't enough forceful, mature, natural leadership exerting peer pressure on these gifted guys, who still suffer from adolescent level immaturity.

Another year of being in the real world will do wonders for this roster...that and the acquisition of more mature, skilled veterans via trades and free agency to mix with guys like Schobert, Chubb, Landry, Richardson, Bitonio, Tretter, Vernon, and interestingly...the kickers and long snapper!

Then...peer pressure as a force will begin to frown on abscence and tardiness, as well as lack of focus and unforced mental errors...and suddenly, people will start doing more of the WORK...that boring, monotonous, drudgery that must be done by individuals, position groups and the teams within the team to enable the Browns to prevail against anyone, on any Sunday, including the Steelers.

Players play.

But not when they are preparing to play...real NFL players work their arses off...preparing to play.

The Browns are very slowly learning that Vince was right..."perfect preparation makes perfect." If you want to be Tom Brady, or the Steelers, or the Ravens or even close to them, ...then you have to be immersed in preparation...24/7 365.

This post was edited by mortdogsr 1 month ago

• It's a different game today. Baker ranks 14th in the NFL in yardage.

In 1986, Bernie was 4th.
    In 1987, 6th.

Just calling out that Bernie's accomplishment was a bit more difficult.
    Still, it shows the ineptitude at the position that we've had since Bernie.

Hoping for 4,000 from Baker next year.