Number one offseason priority

Number one offseason priority

• Trade Beckham for a first and a third or two 2’s and use those picks on oline and dline .

Let Freddie and Dorsey figure out how to structure an offense that is more WCO variation with RPOs and misdirections.

That is what we thought we had last year in the second half of the season .

Baker with hue and Haley along with Freddie and monkin.

Under 60% and Tds and ints basically even .

Dorsey and Freddie have to swallow their pride and realize that they made a mistake trying to run an air raid down the field offense like in KC and look at what baker does well and build an offense that way .

Baker needs to realize he isn’t Mahomes and Watson and start taking what the defenses give him .

If they beef up the lines , get rid of Beckham and tailor the offense to what baker does well , we could be a 10-11 win team .

• Discussion
  • 1 Replace the head coach and OC
    2 improve the OL (at least two tackles)
    3 resolve safety
    4 Give OBJ a contract extension

• OBJ is on contract, trading him would be stupid. Fix the Oline, and ALOT will fall into place, FAST. Defense is another link in the chain that needs fixed. although i think coordination is a huge problem, talent isnt there either. Im even for using the entire draft just for the Oline, or trade picks for proven monsters to pave holes for THE BEST RB IN THE NFL.

• Hilarious what some think we could get for our misfit toys.

• It's always the same for some folks..."burn it all down , and start again"....

• Agree with you on point 1 for sure and the part about getting rid of the Air Raid it just isn’t working for Baker.

Would any team even give us a 1st and 3rd for OBJ?

• butchfan said... (original post) Let Freddie and Dorsey figure out how to structure an offense that is more WCO variation with RPOs and misdirections.

Sure.

• ribsnwhiskey said... (original post) Agree with you on point 1 for sure and the part about getting rid of the Air Raid it just isn’t working for Baker. Would any team even give us ...

There isn’t a team out there that will give close to a 1&3 for obj

• Going to have to run obj back as his value is about as low as it can get. Add some oline, Dline, and linebackers. I can't imagine Monkin is back and wonder if Wilks will be back.

• GeeFan said... (original post) 1 Replace the head coach and OC 2 improve the OL (at least two tackles)3 resolve safety 4 Give OBJ a contract extension

Pretty basic but I agree... we should feed off our strengths on the oline with Tretter and Bitonio by going to a zone blocking scheme like what we see with SF... you draft a particular mobile type of lineman and you can get these spots cheaper because they aren’t in as high a demand. As good as Chubb reads running lanes, it fits perfectly, and our offense should run through him, which should be obvious for Freddie but seems to be like pulling teeth to get him to see it.

But, letting Kitchens go has to be the easiest call that can be made, but, ego is a tough thing to control, and getting Dorsey to see that may be hard and scary to me. Kitchens isn’t the type continuity you look to maintain.

Both lines need bolstered with talent, and the safety position. Wilks can be a very good DC, but his system is reliant on strong safety play and getting that resolved along with the defensive line, will make a measured improvement upon the entire defense..

Doesn’t seem that way, but we are not a team that is far away from being a strong contender. It gets muddled and looks like we’re further away than we really are simply based on the fact we have a defense whose weaknesses should be the strengths.. we need to have one of the best safety units in the league, we have maybe the worst.

Offensively, we wasted Mayfield’s 2nd season due to coaching incompetence, and poor line play. We also need a strong multidimensional TE...

This post was edited by h8dwg 1 month ago

• 1 Give Freddie a ultimatum " HC only and give up play calling or your fired"

2 Offensive line help via FA or Draft

3 Sign Kareem and run a 2 back offense .

4 Get a solid safety

5 Resign Joe Schobert

6 DC get rid of Wilks and his non aggressive defense. We lost to Mariotta ( who doesnt play and the Titans are night and day better ) , Brandon Allen , and Duck fvcking Hodges No EXCUSES !!!!

• HC and coordinators need to be replaced with coaches who are known to tailor their teams to players skills, not force a system. Offensive line needs help from FA, trades, and the draft. They need at least 3 decent players there plus depth. Safety has already been mentioned as has signing Hunt, which I believe they'll do.

• Rookie said... (original post) There isn’t a team out there that will give close to a 1&3 for obj

True. From what I've seen, Landry is twice the receiver Beckham is.
  • To figure out how to beat third string quarterbacks making their first ever start would be a good place to begin, followed by fix the ******** offensive sieve you call a line. Also, stop your best defensive player from hitting people over the head with weapons. If we can do those three things I feel good about the browns chances.

• Rockneara said... (original post) 1 Give Freddie a ultimatum " HC only and give up play calling or your fired"2 Offensive line help via FA or Draft 3 Sign Kareem and run ...

Except I think Freddie has done an even poorer job as head coach than he has as play caller. He's grossly in over his head. And it's apparent this season the inmates are running the asylum. That needs to change. I don't blame Dorsey. I was all in on giving him a shot. But I think he's demonstrated why he was a career position coach. He lacks the other leadership attributes to rise above that status.

• Kitchens will be fine, & at some point the organization needs to show patience for a 5 year period. I actually think that the offensive skill players are good as is, including OBJ (depending on his ego accepting more of a team-first philosophy). I'd like to see them add a true FB like Dimitri Flowers, but the OL's really the culprit on that side of the ball. Draft 2 there & hope they develop. On D, I'd like to see the DC replaced & the team move to a 5 wide DL (5 down linemen), meaning some drafting in that area as well. Add in some LB & S drafts or FA, & we should be good. 2020 was always the play anyway.

• Sit Baker down and go over a few of issues.
    -How to conduct his off season conditioning and prep, helping to find him an off season mentor/coach .
    -Learning how to stay out of other Browns player issues
    -Keeping in house matters out of the media

• Yay, another dumb new thread!

• The biggest disappoint in Baker is he often says the right things -- I need to check down, I need to take what the defense gives, etc. -- but he never DOES the things he says he needs to do. Still think he's got a ton of talent. He just needs someone to figure out how to get him to use it.

• GeeFan said... (original post) 1 Replace the head coach and OC 2 improve the OL (at least two tackles)3 resolve safety 4 Give OBJ a contract extension

I'm definitely closer to this than the OP. But I'm playing wait and see on OBJ. There seems to be some serious smoke that he's causing problems behind the scenes. I respect Jay Glazer and if he's reporting it, more than likely its legit. And OBJs response post game did not give me any confidence that he truthfully wants to be here.

I'm in no rush to get rid of him, but if the negativity keeps getting louder and louder then we might be better off to move him as long as we get at least a 1st rounder back in return.

• Rockneara said... (original post) 1 Give Freddie a ultimatum " HC only and give up play calling or your fired"

First, we don't REALLY know who's calling the plays. Kitchens or the OC in the booth. Who's system is it? Why does it appear so different than last year. These are the questions needing answered before wholesale changes are made.

Second, why would you keep Kitchens around if he's not calling plays?

For his strategic mind? His game management? His prepardness? His in-game adjustments?

As far as I can tell, he has no redeeming qualities other than being "likeable".... and possibly being held back by Dorsey's offensive coordiator pick. But based off of soundbites all year, this doesnt seem to be the case. Kitchens gets pissed pretty quick when questioned on giving up playcalling duties.

• Rockneara said... (original post) 1 Give Freddie a ultimatum " HC only and give up play calling or your fired"2 Offensive line help via FA or Draft 3 Sign Kareem and run ...

I know people want continuity, but this will not work. We need to cut bait with this entire coaching staff. Freddie was a MASSIVE mistake. Start fresh with an offense that fits Baker better, and a defense that fits our Dline and DBs better. Get everyone on the same page.

This post was edited by elchuppicabra 1 month ago

• schafrath said... (original post) Except I think Freddie has done an even poorer job as head coach than he has as play caller. He's grossly in over his head. And it's ap...

How can Freddie have more wins ( as inept as you say he is ) , in his first 16 games than Palmer, Davis, Robiskie, Crennel, Mangini,Shurmur, Chud, Pettine, or Jackson. I find your logic, hard to understand, when all of those coaches had leadership attributes, to get them hired .

• Chopper9 said... (original post) First, we don't REALLY know who's calling the plays. Kitchens or the OC in the booth. Who's system is it? Why does it appear so different than las...

Bingo - sums it up nicely.
  • TxNemO said... (original post) How can Freddie have more wins ( as inept as you say he is ) , in his first 16 games than Palmer, Davis, Robiskie, Crennel, Mangini,Shurmur, Chud, P...

Because he has a lot more talent on the roster than they did. Simple, really.
  • DawgPooh said... (original post) True. From what I've seen, Landry is twice the receiver Beckham is.

A Healthy OBJ makes Landry better, I.E. a legitimate threat on the other side of the field makes Landry better. Hell, it certainly appears that an injured OBJ has made Landry better.