Number one offseason priority

Number one offseason priority

• JackTBurton said... (original post) With how Gregg mismanaged the clock and game situations - no way and that's just what we sawHe made kitchens look like a genuis in crucial ...

Nobody makes Freddie look like a genius, trust me.

• Hiko said... (original post) He didn’t retain Gregg Williams because he’s Gregg Williams.

Love him or hate him, the team was playing tough last year under his leadership and went 5-3.

Took these clowns 14 weeks to best that... with better roster.

• Chopper9 said... (original post) Love him or hate him, the team was playing tough last year under his leadership and went 5-3.Took these clowns 14 weeks to best that... with bette...

I had my response to this concept upthread. Fred might not be your cup of tea but Greggggg is not the droid you’re looking for.

Bat your eyes longingly at someone worthwhile.

• Hiko said... (original post) I had my response to this concept upthread. Fred might not be your cup of tea but Greggggg is not the droid you’re looking for.Bat your eyes longingly ...

Yea, probably not. If for no other reason than the connection with Hue.

Which is why I wanted a clean break from that entire turd sandwich.

• Chopper9 said... (original post) Yea, probably not. If for no other reason than the connection with Hue.Which is why I wanted a clean break from that entire turd sandwich.

Fair nuff.

• The Browns definitely need to fix the line before next season. They need 2 tackles and a guard and some depth on the offensive line. A blocking tight end or two who can catch would be great.

Figure Schobert, Kirskey and Randal are all gone on defense. Vernon costs 15 million a year. Too much to spend on a 30 year old DE who is often injured. OBJ didn't show up to mini camps then was injured most of camp. Doesn't look like he yet knows the offense. Can't really pay two receivers 15 million a piece.I would cut Vernon and trade OBJ for something. Not going to get what the Browns paid for him. The Browns have too many people wanting the ball and OBJ is not going to be happy not getting the ball. I would rather spend the money on the line and a good TE.

Defensive line needs a starter at DE and some depth across the line. Seems Dorsey uses too much of the active roster as a practice squad. Need to pick up a safety or two. I imagine the linebaker positions will be filled by Wilson and Takitaki.

We need to build the team around Chubb and Hunt. I would not give Hunt a big signing bonus. Too much of a risk. Baker also needs a muzzle. He runs his mouth too much. He just needs to play football and show up in shape next year.

Not sure about coaching. Not really wild about the empty backfield and 5 receiver sets. Freddy has too much on his plate to be calling plays. The Browns probably need to go out and grab an offensive coordinator that better fits the personnel than Monken.

• Florida_Brown said... (original post) The Browns definitely need to fix the line before next season. They need 2 tackles and a guard and some depth on the offensive line. A blocki...

No need to exaggerate. Vernon just turned 29 two months ago.
  • Your right Vernon hasn't played a full season since 2016. Injured in 2017,2018,2019. Can't make the club in the tub. Especially at 15 Mil a year. That's why the Giants traded him.

• TxNemO said... (original post) How can Freddie have more wins ( as inept as you say he is ) , in his first 16 games than Palmer, Davis, Robiskie, Crennel, Mangini,Shurmur, Chud, P...

Heck, you're right, Freddie got more wins in his first season than Noll, Jimmy Johnson and Bill Belichick so he must be better than them also right?

This post was edited by sherkdawg 1 month ago

• sherkdawg said... (original post) Those guys took 6 win teams at the most and got 2 to 5 wins out of them. Freddie took a 12 win team and got no more than 9 wins out of them.

I'm not sure you can call a team a 12 win team until they actually win 12 games. The REALITY Is that he took a 7 win team and right now has 6 with three to play.

• Offensive Tackles