OBJ

OBJ

Arrow-11
  • Discussion
  • Of course its only being held for monetary reasons. He wouldn’t play for free.

• BrownsFAN1521 said... (original post)What’s wrong? Can’t handle the truth?

Nothing to do with truth...its about being accountable to a team. Understanding the drama and distraction your creating for your peers and those around you trying to do their job. He has many paths to follow to affect change but this passive aggressive BS is tiring. All of his teammates and coaches will now have to address his comments. His coaches will now have to have a meeting to figure out how to deal with the backlash.

Standard OBJ..." look at me but don't look at me"

• Whether he's right or wrong at this point is irrelevant...it's HOW he goes about these things. He creates drama and distraction when it's not necessary, and others get caught in the crossfire. He's very selfish, and it's obvious his narcissism doesn't allow him to see that.

• DuluthBuckeye said... (original post)Nothing to do with truth...its about being accountable to a team. Understanding the drama and distraction your creating for your peers and tho...

Accountable to a team? Its business and nothing more.

This post was edited by IHAVETHEANSWERS 6 months ago

• IHAVETHEANSWERS said... (original post)Accountable to a team? Its BUSINESS

Correct...a business that he gets paid $18M/year to participate in. If he doesn't like it he can quit...but he won't do that...he will make life miserable for those around him trying to do their job.

• What did he say wrong? Of course this season is being played because of financial reasons! It was ALWAYS about the money for the owners! And that includes players as well. How many players actually opted out BEFORE the $150,000 guaranteed money was put in place?

It’s the same for all sports! These are money driven decisions! The players have all the control.....they can say “We as a collective are not playing this year due to health concerns and we don’t care if we get paid. This is about our health and well being of our families”. But are they???? NOPE!

• DuluthBuckeye said... (original post)Nothing to do with truth...its about being accountable to a team. Understanding the drama and distraction your creating for your peers and tho...

He also has a family and his own life to think about. But you and the owners don’t care about that.

• Do we consider cashiers at Costco and Walmart as human? NFL players can opt out and still get paid; the aforementioned people can't.

• If he doesn't like it don't play. Let's see how long he takes to change his mind when he doesn't have the check coming in.

• Please just trade him for a 2nd/4th and some linebacker depth . We are deep at WR. Higgins and Landry , plus the TE’s are fine. OBJ is poison

• BrownsFAN1521 said... (original post)He also has a family and his own life to think about. But you and the owners don’t care about that.

Absolutely he should care about his family and himself. And he is free to opt out, and even get a little money for not playing. What's the issue? Not sure what he's bitching about.

• mistero said... (original post)Please just trade him for a 2nd/4th and some linebacker depth . We are deep at WR. Higgins and Landry , plus the TE’s are fine. OBJ is poison

Deep at WR? Lol. Landry is probably a top 5 number 2 wr. Higgins would maybe be a top 25 number 2 wr. What else do they have? Nothing but unknowns. Its the opposite of deep.

This post was edited by JimmyHaslam 6 months ago

• You guys are making too much out of this. These comments on August 3rd will have absolutely no impact on the field on September 10th. He has the right to an opinion and talking about the hot issue is normal. Would you prefer he lie and say everything is fine?

• Well so much for nothing

• Total Wingnut . I cringed when i first read about the trade and after seeing T.O Part 2 please Go away and get mental health .

• The typical anti-OBJ crowd. Just get rid of him.

• In

• This seems like a pretty important thing that should have been included in the original article.

• Funny, no mention of the two week time discrepancy in the article. Just about MKC "later" reporting he was fine with it after seeing the facility. It's almost as if the author was some craptastic attention seeking muppet just looking to generate clicks and stir up controversy. That couldn't be the case could it? Just an honest mistake I'm sure. I hate that I clicked on that.

• This thread proves what every OBJ thread proves. Some people will go after him whatever he does, right or wrong, because they don't like the dude. Whatever.

If you're struggling with the fact that many of the NFL's best players at the WR position are narcissists or egomaniacs or whatever you want to call them, maybe just take it down a notch, or you will probably *always* hate someone on the team. The college and pro football ranks are chock full of these personalities.

It's complete narcissism for Josh Gordon to think he can continually break the rules and keep living life like he isn't. It's complete narcissism for Jarvis Landry to take team decisions as personal attacks, or call out people for not practicing. It's complete narcissism for Webster Slaughter to sue to the NFL to become a free agent. But all of these guys have their benefits from living life by their own egocentric viewpoints.

It's just football. He's not raising your kids. Relax.

• I look forward to the day that his play in a Browns uniform makes me shrug off his off the field headlines.