OBJ

OBJ

Arrow-11
  • I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt until I see him play healthy and Baker play consistent. Before last year is anybody here saying he wasn’t a top 10 WR (maybe even top 5)

• blkmagic00 said... (original post)I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt until I see him play healthy and Baker play consistent. Before last year is anybody here saying he wasn’t ...

Same here. I feel similarly about Mayfield. Hopefully that window is opened this season. For both.

• Good God the amount of whining..clearly stated about a page in that he made these comments long ago and at a time where the talks between the NFL and NFLPA were contentious because the nfl was doing what the nfl does..it's no surprise that the majority of the posters who take issue with this and are all bent out of shape, pile on to any and every anti obj thread.

Even after he specifically said he's impressed with the way the Browns are managing it after seeing the facilities and safeguards in place, it's OMG PRIMADONNA TRADE HIM FOR SOMEONE ANYONE IS T.O. AVAILABLE?

The one positive to all this for me is he's going no where and the haters will have to suck it up and deal.

Rag puts out misleading, incomplete article..fans overreact, news at 11.

• MKC needs to go work for TMZ the first question she asks Stefanski today if he thought OBJ was going to opt out for the season. Even though the deadline passed.

• USAFBuckeye1027 said... (original post)MKC needs to go work for TMZ the first question she asks Stefanski today if he thought OBJ was going to opt out for the season. Even though ...

For real?

• dapetersen said... (original post)When are we going to stop signing these kind of idiots?

When ownership stops putting effort into trying to build a winning team. Can't wait til we get back to the days when we were signing the likes of Kenny Britt.

• PittsburghDawg_Scout said... (original post)I mean -- it's sadly true. I was just as excited and thought he was awesome when we signed him too. Look into him a little bit fur...

I think its good to have an average #1 receiver. I wonder if its possible to have more than one on a team.

• brbbva said... (original post)I think its good to have an average #1 receiver. I wonder if its possible to have more than one on a team.

Not at (17 million) a season it's not. You need elite for that kind of money, not average.

• BrownsFAN1521 said... (original post)He also has a family and his own life to think about. But you and the owners don’t care about that.

So why didn't he "opt" out? He's doing it for the same reasons he's accusing the owners of.

If I was one of the owners, I'd "opt" out and sit my team out for the year. Then see just how quickly the players change their tune.

• There’s nothing “average” about OBJ......even his peers think he is one of the toughest covers in the game! You guys forget when we had people like Braylon Edwards catching passes for us! If he’s completely healthy this and Baker regains his form all of you OBJ haters will be eating a lot of crow

• blkmagic00 said... (original post)There’s nothing “average” about OBJ......even his peers think he is one of the toughest covers in the game! You guys forget when we had people li...

Listen -- I agree OBJ is better and has all the potential in the world, but all of you nut riders need to understand one thing, OBJ needs to show up and prove it and he certainly doesn't need excuses.

Braylon Edwards last (3) full seasons as a Brown and the 4 games before he got traded)

206 Rec 3185 Yards 15.4 YPC 25 TDs

OBJs last (3) full seasons and the 4 games he played before getting injured.

277 Rec 3756 Yards 13.5 YPC 23 TDs

But let's be clear -- Braylon Edwards had some of the worst QBs in the NFL tossing him the ball, OBJ had a two time Super Bowl winning QB and franchise.
  • PittsburghDawg_Scout said... (original post)Listen -- I agree OBJ is better and has all the potential in the world, but all of you nut riders need to understand one thing, OBJ nee...

Eli is one of the streakiest QBs I’ve seen. When he wasn’t winning Super Bowls he was like the bad version of Flacco.

Eli’s career TD-INT ratio is 1.5. Not terrible but certainly not great.

This post was edited by Ole1Sock 5 months ago

• PittsburghDawg_Scout said... (original post)Listen -- I agree OBJ is better and has all the potential in the world, but all of you nut riders need to understand one thing, OBJ nee...

Eli Manning was over the hill the last 2 years OBJ played with him. I mean, come on, NY benched this “2 time Super Bowl winning QB” the year after OBJ left.

Manning was at best an average QB who played on teams with very good defenses. Yes, he was better than what the Browns had, but that’s not saying much about him or Beckham. Edwards didn’t have the potential Beckham has and played on very different teams. It’s not a valid comparison.

I’m not a huge Beckham guy either, but he should do very well in this offense if Mayfield can run it.

• I wish he was gone. Baker will have a better season with him gone. i truly believe that. He must be a PITA in the huddle moaning to get his catches. If I was QB and had to deal with his ***** I'd push to trade him. Another big mouth can't shut up and play.

• i would bet money he shuts it down after he accrues his contract.

He is not invested here. Mark my words.

• Northcoastoracle said... (original post)Messed up times we live in. He has an opinion and should be able to voice.That said, put me in the "not a fan" of OBJ while in Cl...

He had an opinion but it lacked perspective

Braylon’s problem wasn’t his QBs....it was his hands! Edwards couldn’t catch a cold!

As for OBJ....he wasn’t healthy at all last year! He actually played through a painful injury! Let’s reserve the bashing until after this season with him being healthy and having better play from his QB and play calling from a competent HC!

• blkmagic00 said... (original post)Braylon’s problem wasn’t his QBs....it was his hands! Edwards couldn’t catch a cold! As for OBJ....he wasn’t healthy at all last year! He actuall...

Him telling Jimmy Grapes to “come get him” seems to indicate a smidge of an attitude issue.

• CTBrownsfan said... (original post)I wish he was gone. Baker will have a better season with him gone. i truly believe that. He must be a PITA in the huddle moaning to get his catc...

I really don’t want to agree with you, that Mayfield would have a better season without OBJ, but I think there is something to that. Last year I remember several times where Mayfield missed Beckham by a lot, but Mayfield doesn’t miss Higgins when he’s open. Mayfield is typically always on time when throwing to Higgins, and in 2018 he was this way with all his receivers. I don’t remember Mayfield ever being way off on a throw to Higgins, Perriman, or Calloway, yet that happened lot with OBJ. They weren’t not on the same page often. It seems like OBJ must have a tendency to free lance on a lot of routes, which can create more separation but also kills timing throws. Or maybe Beckham just never got a firm grasp on the offense, which could be his fault or coaching. To be fair though OBJ was also playing injured and that had to have an impact.

• Exactly. Anybody ever think that his being injured didn’t have a lot to do with him coming in and out breaks on routes OR getting proper separation? ONE injury plagued underachieving season and everybody wants to get rid of a WR who when healthy has been a top ten WR in the league since he was drafted! Again if Baker bounces back and plays better but OBJ doesn’t THEN by all means scream to the top of your lungs to get rid of him! But my God the guy didn’t go from being an all pro WR to a scrub in ONE YEAR!

• beetandtomatoes said... (original post)Him telling Jimmy Grapes to “come get him” seems to indicate a smidge of an attitude issue.

This post seems to indicate a smidge of cluelessness.

"Nut riders". Uh-huh. Well, that's one way to render everything else you said pointless.

NFL fans are OBJ fans. Browns fans are a subset of NFL fans, and are fans of Browns players.? So in your world, those of us who like OBJ are "nut riders". Naw. Thanks for typing, I guess.

• peeode said... (original post)This post seems to indicate a smidge of cluelessness.

Weird, because he said it.

• KardiacKidd43 said... (original post)I really don’t want to agree with you, that Mayfield would have a better season without OBJ, but I think there is something to that. Last year ...

They got little actual practice time together as OBJ was dealing with a season long sports hernia issue...