OBJ (merge)

OBJ (merge)

Arrow0
  • But, I believe Jarvis is providing much needed cover for Obj. Obj is extremely mercurial. I think once the season ends, Obj will dream up another scenario about his future. Coughlin, McAdoo, and Shurmur are names that he has eaten up. You can add Freddie to that list. I hope I'm wrong, but after witnessing his sideline antics last week against the Bengals, I don't need much more. He pouted for 3 quarters. He didn't watch one defensive snap, while we were winning, I just can't see him anything more than a less productive TO.

This post was edited by DropkickPride 1 month ago

• Discussion
  • Found this article from May 7th. Interesting take.

Despite signing a five-year extension worth $95 million in August 2018, Beckham felt his days with the Giants were numbered before the trade: "Something in my gut ... I just wasn't very happy," Beckham said. "It just became not the right fit."

From winning the Super Bowl to building a dynasty, the NFL offseason is typically a time for bold predictions.
    And wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr., whom the Cleveland Browns acquired in a blockbuster trade with the New York Giants, covered all the bases Monday night at the Met Gala.

"I plan on being there for the next five years and trying to bring as many championships there as possible," Beckham told Cam Wolf of GQ, "turning [the Browns] into the new Patriots."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001030100/article/odell-beckham-wants-to-turn-browns-into-new-patriots
    ----------------------------------------------------------

If he really wants out of Cleveland, he sure gives up awful quickly. When the going gets tuff?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Awh,,,Give up.
    Really don't care for players saying whatever at the time. Then flip like a switch. It's their prerogative and their lives and future, but not a likeable trait for me. Shows their true character.

• 5 years lasted 5 games. He was selling himself to Jimmy Garropolo after the 49er game. Dude invested NOTHING in the Browns. No OTA's, few practices and zero X games snaps. Bringing him in was a mistake.

• poppa9601 said... (original post) 5 years lasted 5 games. He was selling himself to Jimmy Garropolo after the 49er game. Dude invested NOTHING in the Browns. No OTA's, few pr...

That's insane. He's on pace for around 1k yards. He's been doubled almost every play of every game. NONE of the offensive issues are a result of him or his effort. I don't give a damn what people think or the stupid things they convince themselves of.... he's a great player.

Fix the Oline. Solve coaching problems. And OBJ will play a part in the Browns winning the SB at some point in the next 3-5 years.

• The national honks claim baker let obj down with his poor season

Hogwash

Obj is the one not performing, injured or not.

Look at Landry, he is killing it, Chubb is killing it, Hunt is a huge factor

Nothing wrong with baker that a few stout o linemen won’t solve and a solid offensive philosophy

Obj has been a huge disappointment

Let baker focus on the other weapons and he will be fine

This post was edited by MikeFromRochester 1 month ago

• Thankfully you have solved the drought of OBJ topics
    I was concerned we had run out of them at 15 on the first page

• Uh. Hmmm. It's almost like you don't realize we have an offensive head coach and offensive coordinator who have let EVERYBODY down. The only guys who've been crushing it are the one who are only asked to take the rock, find a hole, and hit it hard as hell. And Landry, who's used to playing for an idiot (Gase).

Callaway - terrible year
    Higgins - terrible year
    Tight Ends minus my adoptee Carlson - terrible year
    Offensive line - terrible year
    Baker and OBJ - terrible years

Three guys on our offense are getting by on sheer talent, Chubb, Hunt, and Landry. Nobody is scheming to give them opportunities, they just run harder and faster, they catch more consistently, and they want it REAL BAD.

If Freddie stays, he needs to flush his OC and QB coach down the drain. Period. The offense has let everybody down. And our owner needs to take Chubb out behind the stadium and give him a sack of gold bars for being awesome.

• Linehogs said... (original post) That's insane. He's on pace for around 1k yards. He's been doubled almost every play of every game. NONE of the offensive issues ar...

Agreed 100%. He's not the reason we will be a championship team, but defenses have to cover him, and that gives Landry and Chubb more opportunities. Is he worth all the money? Maybe, maybe not, but it's a salary cap, it's going somewhere.

Is he worth all the trouble? As opposed to who? Half the top WRs in the league have been a pain in the tail. AJ Green is riding out the string with the Bungles and dude is considered one of the best dudes in the league. Think he cares if he plays another down? Think he's calling Jimmy G? Heh.

It's like this fan base always wants to hate someone, so they just look for reasons to do that. I don't care about face shields and clown shoes and watches. At all. I WANT a guy to be frustrated after a 30 point loss on national TV. Would I rather him have all that talent and focus like Chubb? Yep. He's not that guy. I'm okay with that.

• Both have let eachother down imo
    Baker has missed quite a few opportunities on the field
    OBJ has had his drops, miss communications/wrong place
    Less than a season and I expected issues but not this many
    It's all completely salvageable - at least imo
    Not going to give up on it yet

• TomServo said... (original post) Uh. Hmmm. It's almost like you don't realize we have an offensive head coach and offensive coordinator who have let EVERYBODY down. The ...

This! I also have to include Baker in some of the blame. Plenty of video evidence showing play designs that work that he's not capitalizing on; poor QB play makes the other positions look bad as well.

• OBR was better when we were 0-16

• ohiosundevils said... (original post) OBR was better when we were 0-16

Thanks for the great idea should we have a trade OBJ parade?

• Linehogs said... (original post) That's insane. He's on pace for around 1k yards. He's been doubled almost every play of every game. NONE of the offensive issues ar...

Obj won’t be here in 2 years . Maybe even 1 yr. when it is time to pay Myles and maybe baker , obj will be gone

• The only way to make us the new Patriots is to rehire BB.

• Everybody shares the blame. No agendas necessary.

• MikeFromRochester said... (original post) The national honks claim baker let obj down with his poor seasonHogwashObj is the one not performing, injured or not.Look at Landry, he i...

Injured or not? Really?

• TomServo said... (original post) Uh. Hmmm. It's almost like you don't realize we have an offensive head coach and offensive coordinator who have let EVERYBODY down. The ...

Can he flush his favorite play chart as well?

• Disgruntled Obj threads are the new Garrett helmet threads.

Trade him for picks. Build the OL, DL, LBs and get us a TE.

• Trying to explain Obj is like trying to explain Kyrie. Kyrie is on Team 3 after normalcy in his early career. Obj will never be happy. It’s not your fault.

• Obj was sold as better than prime gordon. He’s been mediocre. Gordon won the browns games by himself. Just want him gone. Biggest dissappointment of the season.

• MikeFromRochester said... (original post) The national honks claim baker let obj down with his poor seasonHogwashObj is the one not performing, injured or not.Look at Landry, he i...

both/and.

Baker needs to work harder too though. So does OBJ.

• OBJ being hurt kind of messes with the narrative. My biggest disappointment is the dropped passes. I've said it before....we always see him catching the ball with one hand in practice and warmups, but try catching with 2 hands in traffic!!!

• Frbuck said... (original post) OBJ being hurt kind of messes with the narrative. My biggest disappointment is the dropped passes. I've said it before....we always see him cat...

Same with me. If your hurt and your still willing to leap like a gazelle in pregame, and strongly suggest you return a punt when that's not your job,,,,, It should not now be used as an excuse. For the most part Obj has not gone the excuse route yet,, but it could lean that way as we limp down the stretch and things don't finish out on a positive note in the win column.

Dude is hurt. Mayfield knows it.

He will come back stronger next season.

• oasis05 said... (original post) Gordon won the browns games by himself. Just want him gone. Biggest dissappointment of the season.

Like two games total.

Anybody contrasting OBJ and Gordon, and not showing Gordon to be the giant waste of talent and teamkiller, and OBJ to be a consistent team player has a fact-allergic agenda he's selling.

This post was edited by XUDawg 1 month ago