Olivier Vernon To Miss Second-Straight Game, Fifth Of Last Six

Olivier Vernon To Miss Second-Straight Game, Fifth Of Last Six

• Discussion
  • Wonder if he gets cut?

• Another Dorsey gem ! But let’s blame Freddie for an overpaid often injured DE that made very little impact

• butchfan said... (original post) Another Dorsey gem ! But let’s blame Freddie for an overpaid often injured DE that made very little impact

And let's blame you for more asinine posts.
  • forty4five5 said... (original post) Wonder if he gets cut?

Is this one of those "Browns fans are the best in the league" examples?

• I'd say that was a safe bet...
  • Sigh

• He tried to give it a go vs Pittsburgh but couldn't move at all. I figured he'd be put on IR after that game

• TomServo said... (original post) Is this one of those "Browns fans are the best in the league" examples?

Just wondering if the Browns believe that Vernon's 15.5 mill is best spent on him next season. Only one OT in the NFL made more than that in salary in 2019

• Just realized this is his 3rd straight year he has missed 4+ games.

I wonder if Clowney will shake free from Seattle this year. He seems like he's built to play vs Baltimore.

• Zeitler has really helped Barkley get to the next level....oh wait

• Getting old...and breaking down. If we were in a serious playoff spot...we'd be in a bad spot !

• TxNemO said... (original post) Getting old...and breaking down. If we were in a serious playoff spot...we'd be in a bad spot !

Well, he just turned 29, so...
  • And I bet who ever he signs with,he is like night and day different than he was with us.Seems to happen quite often.From the first day I saw him here,I didn't like his body language at all,seemed to be going thru the motions.Let's see,one of the leagues best guards for a half a year of this mummy and a 1st,3rd and a former 1st for a malcontent.Dorsey is losing his luster with me.

• forty4five5 said... (original post) Just wondering if the Browns believe that Vernon's 15.5 mill is best spent on him next season. Only one OT in the NFL made more than that ...

He got hurt playing for the team, not forking around in the offseason. The money goes somewhere, and Baker, Chubb, Myles, Denzel... their cap numbers are still low next year.

Fans pretending the cap dollars matter is the worst thing about this football era. They don't. The money comes from Coca-Cola and Nabisco, not from fans, and the expenditures are mandated by the league. Enjoy your millions, Vernon. Get healthy, we will need you to beat the Ravens in 2020.

• TomServo said... (original post) He got hurt playing for the team, not forking around in the offseason. The money goes somewhere, and Baker, Chubb, Myles, Denzel... their cap numb...

The dollars a team has to spend are a limited supply - teams that spend big money on non-contributors tend not to do well.

• How could ALL of Dorsey's trades have failed so spectacularly. Oh, I know why: he half-a**ed the coaching staff, and just acquires talent without any overall strategy or vision on how the talent fits together.

• Idk - when he was in he was solid and a good complement to Myles so I'm not as convinced he gets cut but maybe.

We would need to have an answer for that position. If we draft someone high at DE then I think he gets cut.

reguardless Joe Sho should be signed and I am not sure why he hasn't been extended already like JC Tretter has.

• Cut the V-man.

• N33d4Speed said... (original post) Just realized this is his 3rd straight year he has missed 4+ games. I wonder if Clowney will shake free from Seattle this year. He seems like he...

Missing that many games a year consistently is a red flag. Injuries happen but 4 years is a pattern. I have a friend who is a huge Giants fan and he warned me that Vernon will pull up injured. Vernon gets cut.

• peeode said... (original post) And let's blame you for more asinine posts.

15 million on Vernon . Could ogbah and Avery given the same production ?

They spent 17 million on Beckham . Money well spent again .

He gave how much money to Chris Hubbard .

We could have used the 17th pick on an olineman or dline man and had peppers who would have filled the 4-2-5 nicely because he can tackle .

Dorsey has squandered so many assets

• N33d4Speed said... (original post) Just realized this is his 3rd straight year he has missed 4+ games. I wonder if Clowney will shake free from Seattle this year. He seems like he...

When dude is healthy, he can ball. Issue is, of late, he hasn't been healthy... and it's a trend.

• I like Vernon's play on the field when in there. Peppers? really? I remember him missing alot of open field tackles, I don't remember him being a "good tackler".

• butchfan said... (original post) 15 million on Vernon . Could ogbah and Avery given the same production ? They spent 17 million on Beckham . Money well spent again . He gave how m...

You're laughably full of crap yet again. Peppers is a major contributor to the Giants, eh? And no - Avery nor Ogbah would not give the same production. You 've squandered so many electrons...

This post was edited by peeode 1 month ago

• Olivier Vernon is still tied for second on the team with 34 pressures despite missing those games. In fact, his pass-rush productivity percentage is only slightly less (under one percent) than Garrett's this season.

Injuries happen. He was a solid to very good player when he was on the field.