OT: Coronavirus

OT: Coronavirus

• Discussion
  • Chicago now as well.

• Is that like Lime disease?

• T-Dog said... (original post)Is that like Lime disease?

Well done!

Now, that part about 'Contagion'...??

• Rumor is the plague started because of people eating bat soup.

Here is a picture of bat soup.

user generated

Somebody said, consciously, yes, I will risk death, and possibly incite a pandemic that could kill millions, to consume this delicious looking thing.

I give up

• DawgEDue said... (original post)Rumor is the plague started because of people eating bat soup.Here is a picture of bat soup.Somebody said, consciously, yes, I will risk death, and ...

You hear about the invasive crabs from China confiscated yesterday in C-Town?

• AudieTheGreat said... (original post)You hear about the invasive crabs from China confiscated yesterday in C-Town?

user generated

• The contagious virus has already reached elsewhere in China and abroad, and even an authoritarian government has only a small timeframe in which trapped residents will submit to such a lockdown, they say.

"I think we have passed the golden period of control and prevention," said Guan Yi, an expert on viruses at Hong Kong University.://news.yahoo.com/time-im-scared-experts-fear-too-china-virus-103855664.html

• AudieTheGreat said... (original post)Well done!Now, that part about 'Contagion'...??

Airlines are gonna airline.

Sounds like the genie is out of the Wuhan bottle.

• The cure for Corona discovered

user generated

• Is that when you only eat meat, or when you drink to much Corona?

Bad jokes aside, I seriously hope everyone on here is well. Hell, I hope everyone is well... but we already know that isn't the reality.

• It is not as deadly or communicable as SARS or MERS. Lotta hype here.

• AudieTheGreat said... (original post)You hear about the invasive crabs from China confiscated yesterday in C-Town?

Apparently you can get $50 a crab for those. The 3500 crabs confiscated have a street value then of $175,000. Not too shabby, they must be really delicious....

• Certainly not the best of luck for the beer company with the naming of this deadly disease

Those are from my ex-girlfriend.

• Don't want to start an immunization rant, but to put reported deaths from coronavirus in one perspective, the CDC estimates roughly 36,000 deaths per year in the U. S., and another 34,000 or so from complications likely arising from the flu (link: https://aspe.hhs.gov/cdc-—-influenza-deaths-request-correction-rfc). I'm not trying to minimize the potential threat from coronavirus, but sometimes we look past a much bigger problem (at least right now) in our own back yard. So, my quick message is, while we wait and hope for the development of an immunization/vaccine for corona, go get your flu shot.

• A-200, the old crab standby, must have fallen on hard times. There must be other remidies. But while looking for a pic I see you can get an A-200 Benz.

This post was edited by Butzmark 12 months ago

• Lab creates virus another lab creates patent for vaccine. They make money while people die.

• ErieTribe said... (original post)Don't want to start an immunization rant, but to put reported deaths from coronavirus in one perspective, the CDC estimates roughly 36,000 de...

• bigdawgdaddy1 said... (original post)It is not as deadly or communicable as SARS or MERS. Lotta hype here.

I think it gets extra hype due to historical evidence of a plague every hundred years, 1720, 1820 and 1920
  • Will worry once they actually tell us how it’s transmitted.

• Anyone notice how all these things start in China?

• NTRPRZ said... (original post)Anyone notice how all these things start in China?

To be fair, Zombies started in Haiti. The predecessors started in Africa, but there are differences.

• Anybody ever read "The Stand"? Unlikely this is Captain Tripps, but global pandemic seems a pretty likely way for us to go.

• S4Aero said... (original post)Anybody ever read "The Stand"? Unlikely this is Captain Tripps, but global pandemic seems a pretty likely way for us to go.

"The Stand"

The movie so long you finish reading the book DURING the viewing. And that's saying something, it's not a small book either.

• user generated