OT: Massive explosion in Beirut, Lebanon

OT: Massive explosion in Beirut, Lebanon

• AudieTheGreat said... (original post)Well, I was approached to extend my enlistment another year and join Military Intelligence..... true storywinky winkTurning it down is one of ...

Just guessing that you're alot better off with your decision. I can't even imagine the wtf level of international chaos that none of us are aware of.

• Troy Mclure said... (original post)Well some folks are serious about their lawn. 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate would give them the edge in the neighborhood.

Instead, there goes the neighborhood...

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)They offered me Public Affairs.

That would have been a good MOS. I have heard many try to get that billet but it's hard Ole1Sock.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)Instead, there goes the neighborhood...

Literally

• Troy Mclure said... (original post)Well some folks are serious about their lawn. 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate would give them the edge in the neighborhood.

There is an old man in Beirut that really meant for those kids to stay off his lawn.

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post)That would have been a good MOS. I have heard many try to get that billet but it's hard Ole1Sock.

My ASVAB scores were actually really good. Which is odd, because my ACT score really, really wasn’t.

• CalBuckeyeRob said... (original post)There is an old man in Beirut that really meant for those kids to stay off his lawn.

Totes inapropes.

• AudieTheGreat said... (original post)I lived about 5-7 miles away from Pepcon, the rocket fuel plant that blew up in Vegas.... Henderson, actuallyI was about 2 miles in from a rid...

This post was edited by topdawg29 5 months ago

• Find out who is shooting this video. This is some kind of message. These explosions are happening all over. Wtf is going on?

• this is scary. I dont care who you are.

• My suspicions are maybe being validated

They found a myriad of tunnels and excuse Hezbolla when they say they found no munitions

BUT....... maybe that's what all the fireworks were prior to the blast

Ammo exploding

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/were-suspicious-tunnels-discovered-near-beirut-port-after-explosion-638131

Videos circulating online, as well as rumors and reports, indicate that “tunnels” have been found in the wake of the Beirut explosions. Some have asserted that this is evidence of Hezbollah “tunnels” storing weapons at the Port of Beirut, while others think they were used for human trafficking. Both SkyNews and Russia’s Sputnik News claimed there was a “labyrinth network of tunnels.”

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)My ASVAB scores were actually really good. Which is odd, because my ACT score really, really wasn’t.

I have friends in the Navy who try to get the equivalent rating for PR/Public Affairs but they wind up getting stuck doing general ratings and such for awhile. Army may be different, as some kids can DEP and/or do LDAC or other things, esp. if they have ROTC on campus.

I know you have to wait your turn, though. And these were guys who had good ASVAB scores too, and good test scores. Some did leadership courses as well.

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post)I have friends in the Navy who try to get the equivalent rating for PR/Public Affairs but they wind up getting stuck doing general ratings ...

I had a great time in the leadership schools. In USAREUR/7th Army Warrior Leader Course, we had a few international (NATO) students from Moldova and Poland. It’s a cool thing about training overseas.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)I had a great time in the leadership schools. In USAREUR/7th Army Warrior Leader Course, we had a few international (NATO) students from Moldova an...

I tried to get in to the Army but am partially blind in my right eye and they wouldn't let me in. :( I did ROTC in KSU for a semester to try it out as an elective though, and even covered ROTC for the newspaper beat. They actually liked me because I like military history/tactics/etc. and they were surprised. LOL. Kent Read, Kent Write, Kent State.

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post)I tried to get in to the Army but am partially blind in my right eye and they wouldn't let me in. :( I did ROTC in KSU for a semester ...

Military history is pretty cool. I haven’t dug super deep but there are some YouTube channels on military history that are pretty great. TimeGhost, Mark Felton Productions.