OT: Question of the Day??

OT: Question of the Day??

• What percentage of the average human brain is water?

• Discussion
  • Mdawg said... (original post)What percentage of the average human brain is water?

Mines mostly bourbon.
  • stix68 said... (original post)Mines mostly bourbon.

That may be true but is not the answer I am looking for.

• 90%

• It's a little less than that.

• I would say same as rest of body

Edit.. oops. .interesting..ty
    Up to 60% of the human adult body is water. According to H.H. Mitchell, Journal of Biological Chemistry 158, the brain and heart are composed of 73% water, and the lungs are about 83% water. The skin contains 64% water, muscles and kidneys are 79%, and even the bones are watery: 31%

This post was edited by longhairedleapinggnome 9 months ago

• longhairedleapinggnome said... (original post)I would say same as rest of bodyEdit.. oops. .interesting..tyUp to 60% of the human adult body is water. According to H.H. Mitchell, ...

You found the right answer.
  • 73 %user generated

This post was edited by TheShank 9 months ago

• Thank's to the OP. I do like unexpected information that is interesting. Great idea for a thread.

• dapound said... (original post)Thank's to the OP. I do like unexpected information that is interesting. Great idea for a thread.

Question of the Day is something I have been doing for years during the off-season.
  • Howq many miles of commercial canals were constructed in Ohio from 1825 to 1847?

• Mdawg said... (original post) Howq many miles of commercial canals were constructed in Ohio from 1825 to 1847?

The answer is 813.miles.

• Mdawg said... (original post)The answer is 813.miles.

Wonder how many are left now. Visited Coshocton with college friends back in about '88 and fished in the old canal for bluegills and mine pits for bass. It became wtf funny when his older brother dove buck naked into the canal to unhook his snagged hook in a cats and dog rainstorm.

• What was Boris Karloff's real name?

• William Henry Pratt

• athlonian said... (original post)William Henry Pratt

You are correct.
  • How much hay was eaten daily by Jumbo, showman P.T. Barnum's famous 6-1/2 ton elephant?

• What’s the airspeed velocity of an unladened swallow?

• Wait a minute, back to this water thing.
    If it's up to 60% how come I don't drown.

• KMSbuck said... (original post)What’s the airspeed velocity of an unladened swallow?

20.1 MPH. Now that I answered yours,try answering mine.

• 200 lbs.

Also a barrel of potatoes, two bushels of oats, fifteen loaves of bread, and lots of onions.

• KMSbuck said... (original post)200 lbs.Also a barrel of potatoes, two bushels of oats, fifteen loaves of bread, and lots of onions.

You are correct Sir.
  • Al Rosen hit how many home runs for Cleveland during the 1953 season?

• Mdawg said... (original post)Al Rosen hit how many home runs for Cleveland during the 1953 season?

The answer is Forty-three..

• What problem did Leonardo da Vinci, Winston Churchill, Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison and General George Patton have in common?

• Mdawg said... (original post) What problem did Leonardo da Vinci, Winston Churchill, Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison and General George Patton have in common?

Also Tom Cruise, Whoopie Goldberg, Jay Leno, Cher, Walt Disney, Shaka Khan, Lavar Burton, Henry Kissinger....