OT: Quote of the Day

• “May the forces of evil become confused

on the way to your house.”

– George Carlin

• Discussion
  • Sometimes you have to say

"What the F@#$"

Risky Business

• You know, men and women are a lot alike in certain situations. Like when they're both on fire, they're exactly alike.
    Dave Attell.

• Go as far as you can see. When you get there you'll see how to go further.

• ocaladawg1 said... (original post)You know, men and women are a lot alike in certain situations. Like when they're both on fire, they're exactly alike.Dave Attell.

Attell might be my favorite comic of all-time. Very underrated.
  • "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?”

– George Carlin

• "There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them." ~~~ Lawrence Welk

• Quote of The Day

"My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the hell she is.”
    – Ellen DeGeneres

• “Those that can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

-Voltaire

This post was edited by KMSbuck 9 months ago

• "The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."
    - Bertrand Russell

“It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”
    - Carl Sagan

This post was edited by SharkDawg 9 months ago

• I feel sorry for people that don’t drink because when they wake up that’s the best they will feel all day.

Frank Sinatra

• SharkDawg said... (original post)"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."- Ber...

That Russell quote reminds me of lines from WB Yeats’ “The Second Coming”.

The best lack all conviction, while the worst/are full of passionate intensity

• "Give without remembering. Receive without forgetting."

-Somebody

"There's no such thing as too early for a beer, especially on draft day."

-Me

• “When you come to a Fork in the Road, Take it!”

~ Yogi Berra

• “Logical consequences are the scarecrows of fools and the beacons of wise men.”

Huxley

• Lol
    What we do in the shadows this week had a spoof on the OBR saying Superb Owl.

• Though I’ve beat you and I’ve flayed you, by the living God that made you, you’re a better man than I am, Gunga Din

• "It's a small world when you've got unbelievable tits Roy. "

Ernie McCracken

• When baiting a mousetrap with cheese, always leave room for the mouse. D. A. Levy

• A man has got to believe in something..... I believe I will have another beer.

Some smart guy.

• radovic said... (original post)LolWhat we do in the shadows this week had a spoof on the OBR saying Superb Owl.

No idea if I invented that one or if it was cryptomnesia.

• "A computer once beat me at chess,

but it was no match for me at kick boxing.”

– Emo Philips

• 'The next person that tells me I'm not religious, I'm going to shove my rosary beads
    up their A S S.' Joe Biden

• "Cosmic religiousness is the strongest and most noble driving force of scientific research. "

Albert Einstein