OT: Yet Another Lockdown TV thread

OT: Yet Another Lockdown TV thread

• The Alienist season 2 is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Uti4coWOU

• Discussion
  • Really good show.

• This is also pretty good. Not your parents' Perry Mason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5O3cMmg3JQ

• Perry Mason and I May Destroy You are my go-tos on HBO right now.

• Dark is way out there but somehow pulls it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DCUr82PWTE

• The Perry Mason show has been awesome so far.

• AustinTribeFan said... (original post)This is also pretty good. Not your parents' Perry Mason:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5O3cMmg3JQ

It may be!!! I have been watching it and he just passed the bar! I can see later on in the show something happening to his legs because a lot of unsavory people don’t like him ;)

• I'm trying to watch this. On S1 now and it's real, real slow. I'm not technically *enjoying* it yet. Just feels like Stranger Things with literally all the fun stripped out of it.

• blkmagic00 said... (original post)It may be!!! I have been watching it and he just passed the bar! I can see later on in the show something happening to his legs because a lot of ...

I haven't watched it yet, but the fact that he wasn't a lawyer was confusing to me. Guess I'll understand when I tune in! Also, if you like him and you haven't watched The Americans, put that on your list.

• TomServo said... (original post)I'm trying to watch this. On S1 now and it's real, real slow. I'm not technically *enjoying* it yet. Just feels like Stranger Things ...

Yeah, it is slow moving. And for sure they didn't need to stretch it out over 3 seasons.

• AustinTribeFan said... (original post)Yeah, it is slow moving. And for sure they didn't need to stretch it out over 3 seasons.

Did you ever watch "The Killing? (American version)" Detective show about a girl who was murdered in the PNW, which played like a straight version of Twin Peaks? Same deal, I found it very slow, I thought when they targeted different potential killers it was a waste of my time... and then the end was a knockout, imho. Very much like Twin Peaks.

• Home Improvement. Swing Time.
    Tim puts a gas motor on a screw driver.

• TomServo said... (original post)Did you ever watch "The Killing? (American version)" Detective show about a girl who was murdered in the PNW, which played like a straigh...

I will check it out. I prefer slow and subtle over action for action's sake. I don't like monsters, either. A monster shows up? I'm out. Monsters are boring.

• I am waiting for the second half of the Vikings season and the return of all of the Walking Dead franchises!

• I watched the first 2 seasons of the dark
    But it's so tricky to follow who's who with the time jumps
    Having trouble tracking season 3
    Don't really want to rewatch the first 2 seasons

• TomServo said... (original post)I haven't watched it yet, but the fact that he wasn't a lawyer was confusing to me. Guess I'll understand when I tune in! Also, if y...

I think is the prequel (or the rise of Perry Mason as a lawyer)....showing how he started out and how it led to him becoming a lawyer.

• AustinTribeFan said... (original post)I will check it out. I prefer slow and subtle over action for action's sake. I don't like monsters, either. A monster shows up? I&#...

You might like it, then. I found the resolution of the first murder very, very satisfying after a slow climb. And no monsters.

Have you watched the drug kingpin/trade route movie Zerozerozero on Amazon Prime? It's pretty interesting. Definitely one of those shows where I could not predict what would happen next throughout, even to the end.

• Chemdog64 said... (original post)I am waiting for the second half of the Vikings season and the return of all of the Walking Dead franchises!

Is the first Walking Dead still good? I noped out after like three seasons, or 40 years (felt like) of the bat-wielding doofus. I just couldn't care about any of it any more when he kept being the focus.

• Chemdog64 said... (original post)I am waiting for the second half of the Vikings season and the return of all of the Walking Dead franchises!

And waiting on the Rick Grimes movie.

• Catching up on a lot of tv during this SAH ordeal.

Noir
    War Movies
    Movies from the 50s, 60s and 70s
    Westerns
    Sci-fI
    Political satire and parody . ( Jimmy Kimmel )

Even daytime tv. Which normally I never watch.

This post was edited by TheShank 6 months ago

• TomServo said... (original post)Is the first Walking Dead still good? I noped out after like three seasons, or 40 years (felt like) of the bat-wielding doofus. I just couldn'...

Got to the point where every episode was six of them walking down a two lane southern road sweating, arguing, with 5 bullets, two gunS, seven machetes, one crossbow and two baseball bats. Wait for it...

Ok next episode begins, six of them on a hot sweaty walk down a two lane southern road, arguing...

GET A BOAT, GO TO AN ISLAND.

This post was edited by shavendawg 6 months ago

• TomServo said... (original post)Is the first Walking Dead still good? I noped out after like three seasons, or 40 years (felt like) of the bat-wielding doofus. I just couldn'...

I quit fairly early Negan Era.

• blkmagic00 said... (original post)I think is the prequel (or the rise of Perry Mason as a lawyer)....showing how he started out and how it led to him becoming a lawyer.

Indeed. I never read any of the books, so I don’t know whether the show is following the first book or is more of an original creation. I suspect it’s the latter.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)I quit fairly early Negan Era.

Negan, that's his name. I like that actor, but that character is like nails on a chalkboard. They kept having the perfect plan to kill him... and then they would fail. And then someone would die. Barf. No thank you. The point of the Walking Dead is kind of that anyone can go any time, not that putting on a leather jacket and acting the fool makes you bulletproof.

• TomServo said... (original post)Negan, that's his name. I like that actor, but that character is like nails on a chalkboard. They kept having the perfect plan to kill him... ...

Too popular of a character to kill him. A lot of the originals expressed an interest in moving on, that’s why they could be elaminated.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)I quit fairly early Negan Era.

Us too.