OT: Yet Another Lockdown TV thread

OT: Yet Another Lockdown TV thread

• TomServo said... (original post)That's what makes him a stereotype, not a character. Characters change. It's not flip-flopping to be inconsistent, that's just being ...

Staying true to who you are and what you stand for IS the tough part of being human. JMHO.

• Just finished watching the first 3 episodes of “Versailles” on Netflix.

VERY good so far.

And the French were some freaky folk I must admit.

• AustinTribeFan said... (original post)I will check it out. I prefer slow and subtle over action for action's sake. I don't like monsters, either. A monster shows up? I&#...

I really enjoyed the Killing. Joel Kinnaman was awesome in his role . Mireille Enos was good as well.

• Chernobyl is still far and away the best mini series I've seen in a long long time.

Season 7 of the Blacklist comes out next month. This show took me by surprise. I had no idea that James Spader could act. I hadn't seen him do anything in 30 years and all of a sudden he simply blows you away.

• Found and purchased the Looney Tunes Golden Era Collection. 6 sets of all the uncensored Looney Tune cartoons! Can't wait to watch them.

• Ellie May by a country mile.

In fact, Donna Douglas was so beautiful, she was cast in the TWILIGHT ZONE classic episode "Eye of the Beholder."

• I'm watching Hanna

Getting my Arya Stark fix...

• Finished up watching Versailles and it was damn entertaining, despite the characters all being somewhat shallow(except for the royal enforcer Fabian).

Now I’m finally getting around to watching The Tudors for the first time.

Started off slow, almost quit watching, until Natalie Dormer made an unexpected appearance as Anne Boleyn.

Lol, now I’m committed at least until she gets executed.

She is must-watch TV.

• dapound said... (original post)Chernobyl is still far and away the best mini series I've seen in a long long time. Season 7 of the Blacklist comes out next month. This show t...

Boston Legal, Spader and Shatner are great together.

You didn’t see Avengers Age of Ultron?

This post was edited by JerrySherk 5 months ago

• I watched Perry Mason on HBO. It was OK but simply not up to HBO's normally high standards. It was a bit too confusing to me. Rushed dialog where one could easily miss something. 3 stars out of 5.

• bluedevilbrowns said... (original post)Just finished watching the first 3 episodes of “Versailles” on Netflix.VERY good so far.And the French were some freaky folk I must admit.

It's on my Netflix bucket list.
    Did the amazing HELL ON WHEELS ... currently into LONGMIER... so much crime in such a small town in Wyoming... great stories though.
  • JerrySherk said... (original post)Too popular of a character to kill him. A lot of the originals expressed an interest in moving on, that’s why they could be elaminated.

And when they left -- so did I.

• blkmagic00 said... (original post)Who's hotter? Ellie May or Gilligan's Mary Ann

The Professor...

• Did anyone mention Umbrella Academy (Netflix) yet? The second season just dropped about a week or so ago...it's really, really fun.

• Writerdawg said... (original post)And when they left -- so did I.

I think TWD started going downhill when the crew got to Alexandria, imo.

First five seasons were awesome though. Season 6 was mediocre, and then when the Negan era began, I checked out.

Having said that, I’ll definitely watch the Rick Grimes movie(s) should it ever get made.

• tFEVAH said... (original post)It's on my Netflix bucket list. Did the amazing HELL ON WHEELS ... currently into LONGMIER... so much crime in such a small town in Wyoming... g...

After I finish The Tudors in the next couple weeks, I’ll start on Hell On Wheels. Heard good things about that one.

I watched the first season of Frontier and thought it was pretty good.

But the 2nd season was rough and I couldn’t finish.

The plot armor in that show was ridiculous.

• Surprised how much I like the show called Derry Girls

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi2569583129

25 minutes per episode; nice little gap filler. Funny as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nglW0WW7N8

This post was edited by AustinTribeFan 5 months ago

• Arnhem 1944 on Prime for you WW2 buffs. Incredible detail on troop assignment and movements and events, down to the very soldier at times.

• Last night watched George Romero's Dead Time Stories. Blood ,gore,horror and science fiction. Weird but interesting.

This post was edited by TheShank 5 months ago

• bluedevilbrowns said... (original post)After I finish The Tudors in the next couple weeks, I’ll start on Hell On Wheels. Heard good things about that one.I watched the first seaso...

Jason Mamoa is a great guy in real life... and one of the worst actors in the history of film making

• AudieTheGreat said... (original post)Jason Mamoa is a great guy in real life... and one of the worst actors in the history of film making

Yet also the best Aquaman I’ve ever seen.

This post was edited by Ole1Sock 5 months ago

• Ole1Sock said... (original post) Yet also the best Aquaman I’ve ever seen.

Never seen it

• Neither have I but I watched Justice League. Not good but no fault of Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot or Jason Mamoa.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)Neither have I but I watched Justice League. Not good but no fault of Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot or Jason Mamoa.

I've never seen any of those comic book movies except for the one Sophie Turner was in which was OK

You did get me hooked on Mandalorian tho

I'm actually shocked I got no response on Hanna, the series

I freaking loved it and binged it in just a few days