OT-Indians - Baseball fun - 60 game season.

OT-Indians - Baseball fun - 60 game season.

• DawgEatDawg said... (original post)Yeah, I get that, and in general Hand really concerns me, but COME ON. It was visibly obvious that tonight that walk was due to the rain.

I’m not able to watch so I wasn’t aware. I’m stuck monitoring ESPN game cast tonight. Honestly I haven’t watched a single game this year. Been mostly listening on the radio. I prefer Hammy to the TV and I’m in the car a lot in the evenings to it’s just worked out that way this year.

• Resindog said... (original post)I should know this but I’ll ask anyway... if we get rained out, this counts as a win, right? We have to get past 6 innings? Sorry can’t remember......

The completion of the 5th inning is the threshold.

• Resindog said... (original post)I’m not able to watch so I wasn’t aware. I’m stuck monitoring ESPN game cast tonight. Honestly I haven’t watched a single game this year. Been most...

Ahhh...got it. Yeah it was a monsoon and because there were only 2 outs left, the umps were trying to push through

• TheShank said... (original post)The completion of the 5th inning is the threshold.

Thanks. Wasn’t sure if they made any weird changes this year due to COVID. Pray for rain then!

• Resindog said... (original post)Thanks. Wasn’t sure if they made any weird changes this year due to COVID. Pray for rain then!

It’s 15 outs for the visiting team. If Home team is winning , it’s 4 1/2 innings.

This post was edited by TheShank 5 months ago

• Ball game-nice win for the Tribe.

• Happy days are here again!!!

Cleveland Indians win!

Perez needed two out to finish the game. He got a K and another out.

It is crazy with the new rule for extra innings. Starting them with a runner on second.

It was nice that the Indians won this game. I believe they lost an extra inning game during the first week of this season.

GOOO NOTE: Kansas City swept the Minnesota Twins.

This post was edited by ramllov 5 months ago

• Ollie to the rescue Tribe wins!!!

• Good job Ollie Perez!

• Like the Royals did during the first series of the season - the Indians 'small balled' that win in extra innings. I like it. Alomar, Sarbaugh etc knew the sox had their starting catcher playing 1st base, so with Jose at third squeezed him in with the right guy at the plate - Deshields, who can bunt. This is baseball - you play to what the situation is and not moan due to the lack of 3 run home runs. I know the Indians 'woke up' many fans in the mid 90's with their mashing lineups - but most teams do not have two players on their roster who go on to hit 600 home runs (Thome and Manny) one who hit 500 (Murray) and probably the preeminent slugger of the early to mid 90's in baseball (Belle). Again though since then, the team has been a consistent contender after Tito joined them simply findings outside the box ways to field a team and win. This is a testament to the Indians being the smartest team in baseball from top to bottom.

On this team, we have a guy that can get on base (Hernandez - he reached base in every game) - a guy who has been in discussion as a MVP candidate previously (Jose) one of the game's best players (obviously Frankie) and Santana who has been a pretty good player and an all star last year. Frankie and Santana have not gotten it done yet - I beleive the Indians have hit in to the league's most double plays. I also think this team needs Naquin back to balance the outfield. Domingo and Zimmer have been inconsistent and Mercado just lost. Maybe Alomar found something with Freeman in the OF against RH's? The Indians are not the twins or yankees offensively, but it can be argued they have the league's best roster given their starters and it appears a very under-valued BP given how Karinchak, Maton, Wittgren, Perez etc have done as middle to late inning guys. I know Hand scares people, but if he is at 93ish on the gun as he has been the last couple of outings he will be fine. When teams find a way to pitch around or through a hard hitting lineup and avoid the 3 run homerun in the playoffs, which they will - the team will the most bullets in their arsinal tends to find a way. Just ask the 96, 99, 01, 17 and 18 Indians teams. All of them had a pretty formidable offense, they were pitched around, shut down and pretty much all beaten by 'teams' in the 1st round. It can be argued that the 99 Indians was the best offense the team ever had. But Troy Oleary, Trot Nixon, John Valentin and the rest of the red sox embarrased the Indians with Pedro pitching in relief after the Indians took a 2-0 lead.

• Next up . Da Cubs .

• Clevinger in quarantine now too cause he went out with Plesac!! He got to fly back with team so I’m sure it’s not horrid. But...come on guys!! Use your brains! Clev now bounced from his next start. Thank god our starting pitching is ridiculous. Plutko maybe gets his second start!

• speels said... (original post)Clevinger in quarantine now too cause he went out with Plesac!! He got to fly back with team so I’m sure it’s not horrid. But...come on guys!! Use yo...

Doesn't that mean the entire team has potentially been exposed?

What a couple of selfish dumb asses.

• The way I look at, if there are rules...follow them, especially for 2 months. Once the season is over, fly to Chicago with all your boys and party up.

• Disappointing, But whatta ya goin to do ? Guess we get to see what kind of depth they have on the pitching staff.

• speels said... (original post)Clevinger in quarantine now too cause he went out with Plesac!! He got to fly back with team so I’m sure it’s not horrid. But...come on guys!! Use yo...

What an **** - he pontificates about how the team would handle Plesac’s discipline and the need to be accountable to your teammates.

Hopefully an apology is forthcoming, and the broader team doesn’t suffer owing to Clevinger’s lack of disclosure and selfish behavior.

• Makes you wonder if these players were warned of the consequences of breaking team covid protocols . Since only two players broke protocol, I would guess they were aware of the consequences.

• TheShank said... (original post)Makes you wonder if these players were warned of the consequences of breaking team covid protocols . Since only two players broke protocol, I would ...

All of MLB was warned

This post was edited by DawgEatDawg 5 months ago

• speels said... (original post)doeTrade Clev to his buddies team. Neither sniff the playoffs!

That may be an over-reaction. Clev doesn't seem like a bad guy to me. It was just a poor decision.

• TheShank said... (original post)That may be an over-reaction. Clev doesn't seem like a bad guy to me. It was just a poor decision.

I never made any poor, short-sighted and selfish decisions when I was young.

• speels said... (original post)Trade Clev to his buddies team. Neither sniff the playoffs!

Why not just take him out back and shoot him?

• Lol. Poor decisions aside, he threw his teammate under the bus and didn’t own his part. That’s my real issue. Plesac got sent home in a car, Clev got back with the team! Why??

• speels said... (original post)Lol. Poor decisions aside, he threw his teammate under the bus and didn’t own his part. That’s my real issue. Plesac got sent home in a car, Clev got ...

Yep, this I agree with.

• speels said... (original post)Lol. Poor decisions aside, he threw his teammate under the bus and didn’t own his part. That’s my real issue. Plesac got sent home in a car, Clev got ...

Unless you are privy to info that isn't made public, I think you are assuming a lot. I have read several articles , and none of them discuss why Plesac was busted on Sunday, and Clev not until Monday.

I'm also not privy to the conversations the two players had with one another concerning their night out on the town. Did they have a pre-arranged agreement in case one of them got busted ? Did Plesac spill the beans on Clev ? Or did Clev come clean with the FO ?

On the surface it looks like Clev may have been willing to let Plesac take the fall. But that's not necessarily the case. We don't know how all of this went down. So I have a hard time accepting your explanation that Clev threw Plesac under the bus.

He certainly was guilty of putting himself above the team. As was Plesac.

Seems you are making this into more than it really is . Without knowing exactly what happened.

It wasn't reported as far as I know, why Plesac was kept off the plane, and Clev wasn't . We can assume the Indians didn't know until later. Or maybe not. It also wasn't reported how either of them got busted. Or when.

• Writerdawg said... (original post)Doesn't that mean the entire team has potentially been exposed? What a couple of selfish dumb asses.

Clevinger = Dumbass