PFN - Allbright/Pauline: Dorsey & Haslam differ on Kitchens

PFN - Allbright/Pauline: Dorsey & Haslam differ on Kitchens

• TheShank said... (original post) Baker ??? Now excuse me, I think I will exit left.

Guess you haven’t watched Baker play this season

• MikeFromRochester said... (original post) My sentiments exactly on how Dorsey should of pursued talent without giving up quality already on the roster

I'm not sure why Dorsey got rid of Ogbah and Nassib, especially Ogbah. I don't remember the specifics, but I don't remember the Browns getting a lot for Ogbah in a trade.

It seems to me that if you have a starting DE, and you bring in a new guy to replace him as starter, you can still keep the former starter if he's cheap, you don't have to get rid of the former starter because he's no longer a starter. It's like Dorsey has this idea that the backup should be backup quality, not borderline starter quality.

• Fire Freddie. Hire McCarthy. Let's start finally winning fellas.

• Woodlake said... (original post) Agree. Not as confident in Dorsey as I was up to this point last season. A non-meddling owner should stay the course and let Dorsey handle this of...

Of course, you have to get rid of the guy who gets the best record in 12 years. If he had gone 1-31 over 2 years, then you would keep him.

You want the Browns to suck and fail, right?

Since Freddie became OC last year, the Browns are 13-9. This is a bad record that should get Freddie fired, to you. The 2 previous seasons, the Browns were the worst team in NFL history. But the guy with a winning record as OC/HC should be fired?

• JohnReglarperson said... (original post) Of course, you have to get rid of the guy who gets the best record in 12 years. If he had gone 1-31 over 2 years, then you would keep him....

Didn't Brian Hoyer have a 10-6 career record with the Browns? Should the Browns have stuck with him?

I find myself contemplating Hue would probably have this team at 6-7 right now. That's how bad Freddie is.

• I’m sitting this debate out since I think either direction isn’t great, but my gut always tells me to choose the opposite of whatever Hasn’t wants.

He won’t find it as easy to fill the job as he thinks if he makes it available. Teams also likely coach-hunting: NYG, WAS, CAR, DAL, ATL, LAC, and JAX. At least a few of those will more appetizing than CLE to the top candidates.

Throw in that Hasn’t will have given his hires 1 year, 2 years, 2.5 years, and 1 year respectively and the org’s rep is for it-shay. So for those of you on the McCarthy bandwagon, the only way you’re getting him is likely if no one else is interested. Hasn’t is probably (once again) looking at 3rd or 4th on his wish list.

But I know I know... “anyone is better than (insert name here)”...

• Browns34 said... (original post) I'm not sold on losing two of the last three games. It depends on FK and if he comits to Chubb, Hunt, and the run game in the right way. If h...

I predict that the Browns beat the 2 teams with poor records, and the Browns lose to the team with the great record.

The Browns are better than a bad team and worse than a good team.

The Browns are a mediocre team.

If it goes that way, the Browns have the best record they've had in 12 years.

That's a good thing.

• HopelessLayabout said... (original post) I don't care if they keep Freddie, but they better fire the whole Cardinals staff he brought in and make him start over. Wilks is a h...

Agree that removing Freddies Cardinals buddies is the way to go.

Find someone who can work with a QB who is not a tall statue. Freddie is ok, no reason to fire him. There's really no reason to expect the Browns to do better than best in 12 years. Freddie deserves some of the credit for the best season in 12 years (if it happens, and it should.) The Browns should beat the Cardinals, and when they do, that does not mean the Browns are going to the playoffs. It's a good thing to have the best record in 12 years.

• BrownsAreADisease said... (original post) Didn't Brian Hoyer have a 10-6 career record with the Browns? Should the Browns have stuck with him?I find myself contemplating Hue ...

Who did they replace him with? How did the Browns do the season after Hoyer left?

I'd argue that the Browns should've kept Hoyer on the roster, open competition for the starting job in the preseason, and Hoyer would be there if he wasn't the starter and the starter sucked.

• JohnReglarperson said... (original post) Who did they replace him with? How did the Browns do the season after Hoyer left?I'd argue that the Browns should've kept Hoyer ...

The Browns should have found a way to keep Shanahan is my takeaway from the Hoyer situation.

• CapacityCrowd said... (original post) The Browns should have found a way to keep Shanahan is my takeaway from the Hoyer situation.

Problem was - he wanted out
    Remember the texting? Manziel? Pettine? Farmer?
    Didn't want to work for the pushover big talking pettine
    Despised the front office and ownership
    And his good friend got a job as HC in ATL and had a good team to work with
    It was a no brainier for him to run out the front door
  • JackTBurton said... (original post) Problem was - he wanted outRemember the texting? Manziel? Pettine? Farmer?Didn't want to work for the pushover big talking pettineDespised ...

Oh, I remember. My point is we don't seem to know a good thing when we have it, and think some of the stuff we did have was good when it was garbage. It was a no brainer for Shanahan. If Haslam had had a brain at the time, he would have made it a no brainer for him to stay, what ever the cost (in hind sight).

Haslam somehow lucked into Dorsey, and now for some on this board that should make him infallible. Somehow Mayfield and Manziel are still being compared, which by extension means Dorsey and Farmer. If folks can't tell the difference between the two, I'm not sure whats left to be said.

We have a good thing in Dorsey. Lets not start calling for his head already, or we risk going back to the "good old days".

• Browns34 said... (original post) He was not quick to pull the trigger on Hue? But he is hairtrigger

Lol, it was the one time he SHOULD have pulled the trigger. The guy just can't seem to get out of his own way.

• Butzmark said... (original post) I wonder how much dead money Haslam is paying to coaches and GMs? I thought his reluctance to fire Hue might have had something to do with it. Hue ...

3-4 generations from now some kid will have so much Haslam money he won’t be able to see the bottom of the stack. Paying field HCs is annoying but hasn’t stopped him yet, I don’t see that being a problem in the future either.

Like I said, at 7-9 he’s probably gone, especially after we get blown out by the Ravens. If Jimmy has to listen to loud booing and see an empty stadium by the beginning of the 4th qtr his blood will boil.

8-8 gets Freddie one more year. 9-7 gets him a statue.

This isn’t necessarily what I would do but I think it’s what will happen.

This post was edited by JerrySherk 1 month ago

• BrownsAreADisease said... (original post) Didn't Brian Hoyer have a 10-6 career record with the Browns? Should the Browns have stuck with him?I find myself contemplating Hue ...

Not in the long run but I would have rather stuck out the year with him and took my chances for a playoff appearence then handing it off to Johnny f*ck up who flushed our playoff hopes right down the toilet with his putrid play.

• JohnReglarperson said... (original post) I'm not sure why Dorsey got rid of Ogbah and Nassib, especially Ogbah. I don't remember the specifics, but I don't remember ...

Agree with you on this post. Solid and to the point!

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post) Agree with you on this post. Solid and to the point!

Because Ogbah couldn't rush the passer?
    Because Gregg wasn't a fan of nassib?
    I mean Vernon is hurt and that's been an issue however he has been very, very good
    Also look at the production of Vernon, Thomas, Gustin and Cox and let me know if it is up to snuff with Ogbah, nassib and even Avery
    Total it out and let me know

This post was edited by JackTBurton 1 month ago

• I would love to know what case Dorsey is making for keeping Freddie Kitchens. I mean he has proven he isn't a good HC and has shown no signs of improving.

• BiggusDickus said... (original post) JFC I’m so F’ing sick of this team and the endless drama and dysfunction It cultivates.

The Browns win the Drama Bowl every week, not just every year.

It’s really fkn incredible that Larry David hasn’t bought the past and current Browns storylines and made a hit HBO comedy about the Oranges NFL team in Springfield Ohio.

He would need to do nothing but write dialogue, there’s 20 years of comedically tragic storylines to do.

• moneyclip2 said... (original post) I would love to know what case Dorsey is making for keeping Freddie Kitchens. I mean he has proven he isn't a good HC and has shown no sign...

He’s shown signs of improving IMO. Penalties were out of hand early but are less so of late.

• moneyclip2 said... (original post) I would love to know what case Dorsey is making for keeping Freddie Kitchens. I mean he has proven he isn't a good HC and has shown no sign...

He's proven he coaches on emotion and that needs to change. He has shown improvement and so has the team. I've been as vocal as anyone about Freddie, but at this point it would feel a bit like throwing the baby out with the bathwater to fire him. The last three weeks could change that I suppose.

Freddie, the roster and its individual players and the organization needs to grow up. Sometimes you have to let the kids make their mistakes in order to do just that.

• JohnReglarperson said... (original post) Of course, you have to get rid of the guy who gets the best record in 12 years. If he had gone 1-31 over 2 years, then you would keep him....

Gregg Williams was 5-3, Freddie Kitchens is 6-7. They already fired the coach with the best record since the return.

Yeah, I haven’t seen anything to indicate he’s HC material. The job is too big for him. He just wants to be one of the guys. Which is what he was his whole career. He seems to have an extremely small network of coaching connections. He’s a position coach who hit the lottery. The offense is nowhere near where it needs to be and Baker has had a disasterous year. So if not for offense, what does Freddie bring to the table others don’t? I’m not seeing it.