Pittsburgh and Houston have to lose two of the next three games

Pittsburgh and Houston have to lose two of the next three games

• If the Cleveland Browns won the next three games and these two teams lost two of the next three, is it the playoffs for the Browns?

Houston plays Tennessee at Tennessee this weekend, at Tampa Bay and then Tennessee at home. There is a chance that Tennessee can sweep them.

Pittsburgh has Buffalo in Pittsburgh, at the New York Jets and at Baltimore. Buffalo and Baltimore can beat Pittsburgh.

Cleveland at Arizona, Baltimore at home and at Cincinnati. The question remains can they sweep Baltimore. They are now 11-2. This is a team on a seven game winning streak, since the Cleveland Browns beat them 40-25 in Baltimore.

There could be other factors, but, these type of results are required for Browns fans to get excited.

• Discussion
  • The Texans have been maddeningly inconsistent. Lord knows what they're going to do. The real impact play here is the Steelers losing to the Bills on SNF. It's a big example of a game where we need the team who has no experience in these situations to suddenly gut up and beat the team with a ton of experience in these situations.

That said, the Steelers have been playing above their talent level. They should have a drop off, like they do almost every one of their "average" years. Hopefully it comes this week. And not for nothing, Gase and company are coaching for their jobs, that Jets game is not a gimme.

We got nothin' unless we beat the Ravens. And in the end, if we magically end up 9-7, that will be a pretty decent outcome for this season. Not the best, far from the worst. If we somehow end up 7-9, fire the coach.

• See I'm torn on the Tennessee/Houston and buffalo/Pitt game. On one hand if Houston pulls it out Tennessee could very well lose out playing the saints and Houston again in Houston. While if Pittsburgh beats buffalo and they lose again to NE it's possible that both wild cards could be in play going into the final week. Just a thought for both sides of these outcomes.

• dawgwolfjr said... (original post) See I'm torn on the Tennessee/Houston and buffalo/Pitt game. On one hand if Houston pulls it out Tennessee could very well lose out playing the ...

I think this is our best bet since I dont see Tennessee sweeping Hou.
  • No doubt we'd be big Jets fans last two weeks though if Pitt beats buffalo.

• Im worried about the Ravens having nothing to play for in Week 17 and putting in backups vs Steelers.

• we need the ravens to get upset tonight so they are still locked in against the steelers. Time to go all in on buffalo and Tenn....we will own the tiebreaker against pitt and houston.

• Scrottiemcbooger said... (original post) Im worried about the Ravens having nothing to play for in Week 17 and putting in backups vs Steelers.

Yep, I fully expect the stars line up the next couple weeks that we end up going to the playoffs if the Ravens beat the Steeler in the final week. And as we have all come to expect, the world ends with the Ravens resting their players the final week and the Steelers squeak out an OT victory over the Ravens scrubs to end our season.

• Typical Browns scenario: Everything plays out in our favor and all we need to do is beat the Bungles and we are in. But we fail and lose that game. Lucy wins again, and we fans are flat on our backs wondering why we fell for it again.

Football Gods, Please No

This post was edited by Browns34 1 month ago

• Scrottiemcbooger said... (original post) Im worried about the Ravens having nothing to play for in Week 17 and putting in backups vs Steelers.

That's a fallacy if you're talking about *our* chances. The only way we have a shot at the playoffs is if we beat the Rats. That would make them 12-3 going into the final week, and the Patriots may well be 12-3 and playing the Dolphins that week... while the Chiefs will be likely 11-4 playing the Chargers. The Rats have the tie-breaker over the Pats but NOT the Chiefs. So if they benched their starters and lost, and both the Pats and Chiefs won out, they would lost their Bye and home field advantage.

I cannot imagine a circumstance where that happens. Especially in a division matchup against a team also playing for a playoff shot. Sending the message that you're no longer trying raises the chance of injuries, you're potentially handing a divisional opponent an opportunity to play you again in a couple of weeks, AND you have another game to play in the playoffs? Nothing about the John Harbaugh experience suggests he's an idiot, so that will not happen.

ON THE FLIP SIDE, if we lose to the Rats, they will probably have the Bye and home field advantage all sorted away, so who knows. Still their biggest rival with a shot at the playoffs. I would be PISSED if the Browns handed the Steelers or Rats a playoff spot in week 17 if we were in that position.

• Titans need to win their division other wise we lose the tie-breaker to them if it comes down to that.
    Pukesburgh needs to lose regardless of anything.

• All we had to do was bear Pitt and we had a legit shot
    This stuff can all happen but it won't
    Had a chance to make your way instead of relying on others

• Yep, they had their shot. If things work out and they somehow get in, great. I'm not going to be on the edge of my seat scoreboard watching for Browns playoff chances, though.

• I prefer that we beat the Ravens again. Make everyone STFU about the Ravens AND the Browns. Home game. Control the clock with the run game and short routes. Focus on stopping Jackson's running.

• What is brought up as one point.

Do the Baltimore Ravens play backup players in Baltimore against the Pittsburgh Steelers?

The Raven fans would have a riot in Baltimore's stadium.

Now there is a chance that Baltimore has injured players and decide not to play them, but to lose to Pittsburgh at home, would be very hard to swallow.

• JackTBurton said... (original post) All we had to do was bear Pitt and we had a legit shotThis stuff can all happen but it won'tHad a chance to make your way instead of relyi...

We did beat Pitt. And then we didn't. We've won 4 of 5, and nobody really expected us to win out. Myles screwed up and that cost us. :\

• Browns have a 6% chance of making the playoffs.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-nfl-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

It's not .01% so hey, that's something.

But it's not gonna happen.

Let's root for 9-7 and some kind of "progress."

Even that is far from a sure thing.

• Brandon Allen
    Duck Hodges

Beat these guys and you're probably in. 'nuff said.

This post was edited by FestivusRules 1 month ago

• Playoffs. Pipe dream. That ship sailed, don’t get your hopes up.

• Beating the Ravens again would be my playoff. It would also improve the odds, but, for now, just win baby.

• Yes, it is 6%, but if the Browns win out that goes up to 37% chance. That's basically a 2 in 5 shot of happening and things with a 2 in 5 chance happen all the time.

If you want to play the probability game here is how quickly it can change: If we win out and Tenn and Pitt win this weekend our chance at the playoffs goes to 50%, All we can do is live week to week and hope we catch a few breaks and win out of course because another loss and we are done.

This post was edited by steelersblow 1 month ago

• I don't see us beating the Ravens again anyway, unless they rest Jackson, which they are more likely to do week 17 vs Stoolers. And us beating the Cards/Bungholes is no guarantee either with the way the defense has looked without Garrett.

• Browns34 said... (original post) Typical Browns scenario: Everything plays out in our favor and all we need to do is beat the Bungles and we are in. But we fail and lose that game...

On the bright side, at least we don't have Derek "4 picks in one game" Anderson to help us lose that Cincy game.

• This is why you don’t lose games to 3rd string QBs. Denver and Pittsburgh games are the reason people will be fired.

If we had decent QB play and a decent HC we are 10-3 right now

• bringbackjohnny said... (original post) This is why you don’t lose games to 3rd string QBs. Denver and Pittsburgh games are the reason people will be fired. If we had decent QB pl...

Laughing again,....bringback johnny , You need to stop with QB talk. Lol