Pluto: Terry's Talkin, against Cardinals run don't be dumb

Pluto: Terry's Talkin, against Cardinals run don't be dumb

• Discussion
  • It is always curious how the Browns open the games.

Cincinnati, Nick Chubb only had a few yards the first half. Big mistake.

The Cleveland Browns running game can set up the play-action.

There needs to be a bit of balance, but, the running game is too good to ignore and not take full advantage.

• Hmmm...could it be poor coaching?

• ramllov said... (original post) It is always curious how the Browns open the games. Cincinnati, Nick Chubb only had a few yards the first half. Big mistake.The Cleveland Browns ru...

Yep, agree completely. If memory serves me the halftime breakdown was Mayfield 18 passes, Chubb/Hunt 4 combined carries. Someone tried to argue that we passed because the ground game wasn't working. How do you make that determination on only 4 carries?

• Also remember the Browns only had a few series in the first half.....or just continue on with the Freddie Kitchens bash-a-thon. That's much easier for most.

• OLROY said... (original post) Also remember the Browns only had a few series in the first half.....or just continue on with the Freddie Kitchens bash-a-thon. That's much easi...

When FFK stops making so many in-game decisions that scream and plead for us to bash him...I'm guessing the bashing will also stop.

• If the Cardinals start out with 5 DL and 2 LB like the Bengals did, then guess what-the run has already set up the pass. So you throw the ball. Yes, like we did last week.

You just do it better. Then you force em out of that, and then we run the ball.

Pluto, like many fans, only looks at the run/pass ratio. But We dont have the OL to force against numbers, so we need to call plays accordingly. Not unlike how we did last week.

• marktroy said... (original post) If the Cardinals start out with 5 DL and 2 LB like the Bengals did, then guess what-the run has already set up the pass. So you throw the ball. Ye...

What a load of crap. The only difference in the second half is we decided to run the ball.
  • marktroy said... (original post) If the Cardinals start out with 5 DL and 2 LB like the Bengals did, then guess what-the run has already set up the pass. So you throw the ball. Ye...

Deaf ears Mark....

• fillyasc said... (original post) Deaf ears Mark....

No, we just tune out bullcrap...

Bengals didn't start out with 5 DL 2 LB.

Starting plays are scripted. There was no audibles.

• RAM:

It is always curious how the Browns open the games.

AA:

Until the Bengals, the Browns usually opened the games by marching down the field and scoring a TD.

In fact in the seven games previous to Cincinnati, they had four TD's and one FG.

They've had 5 TD's on their opening drives this year, which should roughly equal all their opening drives in every phukking game STR.

In fact this season, given each team's opening drive, the Browns have outscored the opposition 41-17.

So I'm not sure how much curiosity there is in how the Browns open their games other than they've been successful.

It's what they're doing as the game progresses that's troubling.

I know that's not what you were referring to, but let's not overlook the actual results.

• peeode said... (original post) No, we just tune out bullcrap...

No, you tune out analysis...

• The Browns should be able to beat the Cardinals running or throwing they are just a better team.

The last complete game they played was probably against the Ravens, now that everything is out in the open and no more secrets I suspect a big game from the team.

I think the 1st drive success is attributed to them all being on the same page. It would make sense if your supposed #1 WR can only practice once a week the only plays he will know are the first ones. Hard to run an offense when the WRs don’t even know the routes. Smh

Big game for Chubb and Hunt is the prediction with Baker throwing for about 250 and a couple scores. Good guys 31 other guys 17. Complete game.

• peeode said... (original post) What a load of crap. The only difference in the second half is we decided to run the ball.

Yeah, and 11 completions in an NFL game does not equate to "we took what that gave us and passed on them". LOL. In any reality.

• fillyasc said... (original post) No, you tune out analysis...

Bullcrap analysis.
  • If They do come out with a odd front..I'd still have to test it and see if they can stop it.

• We already know the recipe for success. It was proven in the latter half of last season. Do that

• N33d4Speed said... (original post) Bengals didn't start out with 5 DL 2 LB. Starting plays are scripted. There was no audibles.

So you think that Freddie just decided during the week that he was gonna start with 18 passes and 4 runs no matter what the Bengals were doing?

• fillyasc said... (original post) No, you tune out analysis...

Its always easiest for him to just say coaches suck. It doesnt require any thinking at all.

And, its even easier to post when you just keeping pasting it off ur clipboard.

• TomServo said... (original post) Yeah, and 11 completions in an NFL game does not equate to "we took what that gave us and passed on them". LOL. In any reality.

Your words not mine.

Re-read for comprehension. I said they have pass it better. Passes were there, and the calls were fine.

We wont get better at it if force the run with an OL and TEs that arent forceful.

Carry on with ur agenda.

• Vaark said... (original post) RAM:It is always curious how the Browns open the games.AA:Until the Bengals, the Browns usually opened the games by marching down the field and scori...

I thought the exact same thing. The Browns have been EXCELLENT on their opening drives this season, usually striking the correct balance between run & pass and execuiting at high level. It is after those scripted plays where they begin to struggle for whatever reason.

Of all the things to be critical of Freddie about, the run/pass ratio would be very far down the list. Browns are 21st in the league in passing %, and the majority of teams that pass less than them have better records, and have been salting away leads with the run game for most of the season.

• peeode said... (original post) Bullcrap analysis.

Heh

The first half of analysis spells anal ....

aka Pulling shitt out of your azz and calling it fact

• Even Tiki and Beth noticed it. But not you guys.

Im sure its impossible to really pay attention to a game tho when ur busy thinking of all the ways you can say the coaches suck in the game thread.

Its no wonder you guys dont know whats going on in a game.

This post was edited by marktroy 1 month ago

• marktroy said... (original post) So you think that Freddie just decided during the week that he was gonna start with 18 passes and 4 runs no matter what the Bengals were doing?

I'm just pointing out what you said was BS. At the beginning of the game Browns mostly threw vs Nickle defense. Few times there were 5 D-lineman and 2 of those Browns ran on and 1 of those was the crazy Njoku play(I think this was 5 D-lineman I couldn't get an angle on a player).

Are we also supposed to pretend like Kitchens has never went pass happy and completely abandoned the running game?

• Let’s face it: there’s something to be said for being pass heavy against a heavy front like the Bengals showed.

There’s also something to be said for running it anyway.