Pluto: Terry's Talkin, against Cardinals run don't be dumb

Pluto: Terry's Talkin, against Cardinals run don't be dumb

• marktroy said... (original post) Nobody is in anything every play. Nevr said it. But they played 52, and they clearly schemed to take away the run. And they were pretty successful...

Did you not say they came out in 5-2 and that's why Freddie was slinging the ball everywhere? They ran it what like 3 times in 20+ plays lol?

They were successful because Freddie never committed to the run. Browns ran pretty successfully against stacked boxes all 2nd half even after the 57 yarder. The proof is there...

• Charlie Malarkey said... (original post) what a lame response to a thoughtful post.

Theres nothing easier for fans to do than blame the coach for everything.

Theres so much more going on here than that its not even funny. You guys are so locked on to hating the HC you dont even pay enough attention to see it.

• marktroy said... (original post) Theres nothing easier for fans to do than blame the coach for everything.Theres so much more going on here than that its not even funny. You guys ...

Fair enough. I admit I have personal animosity toward Kitchens.

• N33d4Speed said... (original post) Did you not say they came out in 5-2 and that's why Freddie was slinging the ball everywhere? They ran it what like 3 times in 20+ plays lo...

Yep they played 52. Every team changes up. We play 43. Not every play. They came out to stop the run with extra people because they cant do it with the standard amount. Sometimes they switched to 4-4.

The point is that we try get into the right play vs the numbers which is what good and varied offenses do.

The problem isnt the play call. Its the execution when we do pass it. We dont do it consistently well enough yet. When we do, we’ll take off. If we do...

Do I agree with every call Freddie makes? Of course not. But its not based on run vs pass.

I hated it on first and goal at the Steeler 4 and he tried to run Chubb wide vs their 34. Hey it was a run! Whoopee. You dont hand off wide vs a 34 right at Hubbard whos blocking Watt. 2 yard loss.

I dont like 3 straight passes from the three yard line either.

And I despise multiple bad blocking TEs on 3rd or 4th and short—because we should be running from spread even in short yardage.

But those are bad uses of our personnel in short yardage. We have the personnel to play the numbers in the box on standard down and distance. And we need to get better at the passing portion if this offense is gonna grow up.

This post was edited by marktroy 1 month ago

• I always let the other team dictate my offense. Well coached and winning teams dictate how things go not the other way around.

• marktroy said... (original post) 2 LB in coverage, safety cheating. 5 always rush. OBJ drawing double coverage. Wheres the hole here?Its in the pass game. Look, other teams know t...

Well, that’s a lot of words, but I was actually responding to you saying we shouldn’t run the ball because the Bengals swapped out a LBer for a lineman. If there was more to it than that, it wasn’t in your earlier post, and I’m not psychic.

• IHAVETHEANSWERS said... (original post) I always let the other team dictate my offense. Well coached and winning teams dictate how things go not the other way around.

And who is your offense? Whom do you coach?

• marktroy said... (original post) Yep they played 52. Every team changes up. We play 43. Not every play. They came out to stop the run with extra people because they cant do it wit...

Lies lies lies....

If the QB can't handle what you're doing but you continue to call those plays then it is coaching problem. We've seen that all year. We all agree that Baker has been bad but Freddie didn't exactly help him until we was 8-10 games in but he stills puts him in bad situations.

Baker is not good enough for you to have a 18-4 pass ratio or w/e the hell it was. It's a mistake waiting to happen regardless whether it's WR's, Baker, O-line, or the play calls fault. Something bad is going to happen. The time for "taking off" has long passed. There's only 3 games left.

We're not the Patriots who usually can take advantage of what the defense is giving them. We needed to be a run dominant team with Baker working off of play action. Instead we got a lot of 11 personnel and Baker looking like Brandon Weeden.

For the life of me I don't know why it took a couple months into the season for Baker to start working on the bad habits he developed. That's not a good look for him or the coaching staff.

• N33d4Speed said... (original post) Lies lies lies....If the QB can't handle what you're doing but you continue to call those plays then it is coaching problem. We'v...

hear hear. And why is Baker still overweight?

• Baker overweight. Just a sample of the genius analysis in here. Clearly hes moving very well. Whats next, his marriage is affecting him?

• DawgEatDawg said... (original post) Well, that’s a lot of words, but I was actually responding to you saying we shouldn’t run the ball because the Bengals swapped out a LBer for a ...

Im saying we dont have an OL that can handle a numbers disadvantage. So if they have it, constantly running Chubb isnt the answer. We dont even use a FB or have a blocking TE.

How are we currently built to run vs a stacked box?

• IHAVETHEANSWERS said... (original post) I always let the other team dictate my offense. Well coached and winning teams dictate how things go not the other way around.

You are dictating when you beat a defense no matter what they choose to do.

Thats what the best offenses do. Even the run heavy Ravens. If defenses wanna stack the line to stop the run, Lamar will beat you with his arm.

Oh wait, I heard here he cant play QB. Check that.

• marktroy said... (original post) Im saying we dont have an OL that can handle a numbers disadvantage. So if they have it, constantly running Chubb isnt the answer. We dont even us...

Please clearly state what you saw the Bengals doing upfront and then I can tell you if I agree or not. Going 5-2 does not dictate 90% passes. If you’re telling me they were bringing a SS into the box in addition to that, I can see shading the play calling to the pass. But for such an out of whack ratio to be prudent Cinci would have had to have 9 guys stacked, and I didn’t see that. Keep in mind, this was the 32nd ranked run defense in the league that also had 11 sacks in the previous 3 games.

• marktroy said... (original post) Im saying we dont have an OL that can handle a numbers disadvantage. So if they have it, constantly running Chubb isnt the answer. We dont even us...

Im saying we dont have a QB or play caller that can take advantage of a numbers advantage. So if they have it, constantly throwing the football with Mayfield isnt the answer. We dont even have a below average play caller or starting quality tackles.

• DawgEatDawg said... (original post) Please clearly state what you saw the Bengals doing upfront and then I can tell you if I agree or not. Going 5-2 does not dictate 90% passes. I...

Ive done it to death. They came out to stop the run and we passed to start the game. Its not wrong, we just should be better at it.

We won. Another reason it wasnt wrong. Chubb got his carries, and his hundy, which is what I think most people here are most interested in anyway. They want a rushing title.

Id rather keep trying to develop a full and varied offense so we can beat any defense no matter what they do.

• Charlie Malarkey said... (original post) What is wrong with Pluto? He's obviously sick. He's been off for an extended period, and when you watch his YouTube vids you can ...

He read your posts and they made him very, very ill.

• marktroy said... (original post) Ive done it to death. They came out to stop the run and we passed to start the game. Its not wrong, we just should be better at it.We won. Another ...

18-4 pass-run ratio isn’t “varied”. And, no, you haven’t been clear or specific what you saw in the Cinci front to force such an odd imbalance.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post) He read your posts and they made him very, very ill.

roflmao
  • marktroy said... (original post) There are other routes being run besides verts. Thats BS.And baker isnt seeing open guys...a lot. Because he locks on.Thats where my issue with th...

I said a real good portion of verticles, not all verticles. Do you think by chance Baker is locking on to one particular receiver exclusively? Say Obj, Baker has looked off receivers from time to time but not nearly enough so I would agree the coaching is lack luster in this department.

• Browns34 said... (original post) I said a real good portion of verticles, not all verticles. Do you think by chance Baker is locking on to one particular receiver exclusively? Say ...

I see him locking on to whomever his choice is at the LOS. Most of the time.

Some if this I blame on all the verts. In a 4 vert theres no progression to go thru because they all run dowfield. We need guys coming open at different times-short/middle/deep for there to be a true progression.

But just off the top if my head I can think of the slant to the backup TE, a couple over the middle to Njoku, a couple quick outs to Landry, a coupe crossing routes, and some dumps to Hunt as well as the ones Baker ignores when he shouldnt. Theres other stuff being run-easier stuff that we should run more of.

Because Baker doesnt see the field well yet, and tries to throw a TD pass way too often. He locks on, and he doesnt abuse LBs for deep drops by throwing underneath. Thats what 4 verts sets up.

Personally I think he starts understanding it all better after another offseason. But he needs a better QB coach in his ear next year as well, at least.

• Freddie will defy logic...

• Telling the 2019 Browns not to be dumb is like telling Hollywood to stop making super hero movies

• Nasdaq said... (original post) Telling the 2019 Browns not to be dumb is like telling Hollywood to stop making super hero movies

Black Widow vs Scarlet Witch. Who’d you rather?

• And of course, we pass, we pass, we pass. LOL. This offensive philosophy sucks.

• Freddie and dumb goes together like peas and carrots.