Poll: Odell Thinks NFL Should Cancel?

Poll: Odell Thinks NFL Should Cancel?

Arrow0
  • Vote here:

• Discussion
  • Yes. Just like he only plays for the money.

• The NFL is a business. It is ALWAYS pushing ahead for money. But how does it make its money? By being an enormously entertaining product that people LOVE to watch.

It's a game played by grown men that lots of folks pay a bunch of money and attention to. None of this is a revelation.

As I've said a hundred times now... every year the NFL has about 2,000 total significant injuries, including debilitating handicaps and brain trauma. The only way to protect NFL players is to not ever play NFL football, at all.

• What kind of poll is that yes or yes?

• Football, with all it brings with it... heavy person to person contact, sweat, etc. is just a perfect setup for COVID to spread. As baseball seems to be finding out - even in a far, far less contact sport - keeping players immune from the virus is next to impossible. I agree with OBJ's premise, but also acknowledge the baked-in hypocrisy. I would hate to see football postponed for the season, but I am not about potentially sacrificing a player's health for my personal enjoyment of watching the game.

• I have little faith we will have a season this year. If the government had just gotten their ***** together and mandated masks and social distancing and shut down longer, we would have been done or at least way better off. I have already had a family member die of Covid-19. Football is my least worry right now.

• Stephen that is soooooo two weeks ago!

• Chemdog64 said... (original post)Stephen that is soooooo two weeks ago!

user generated

• otto1946 said... (original post)I have little faith we will have a season this year. If the government had just gotten their ***** together and mandated masks and social distancin...

Sorry for your loss.

I was going to delete this due to the political content, but once I finished reading I see that you’ve earned that right.

• otto1946 said... (original post)I have little faith we will have a season this year. If the government had just gotten their ***** together and mandated masks and social distancin...

We’ll have 5 game season and then we’ll have tons of positive tests and the NFL will cancel the season

• CLErocks said... (original post)I would hate to see football postponed for the season, but I am not about potentially sacrificing a player's health for my personal enjoyment ...

Literally every single play you watch is potentially sacrificing a player's health for your personal enjoyment of watching the game.

• The only way the NFL season works is if they create a bubble, like the NBA. Is that logistically possible? IDK. But it's the only answer IMO.

• I think a lot of players opting out agree with him. The whole thing just seems rushed to me. Its like we will start the season on time and we will play 16 games no matter what.

• AustinTribeFan said... (original post)The only way the NFL season works is if they create a bubble, like the NBA. Is that logistically possible? IDK. But it's the only answer ...

Wonder if they can do that at the HOF Village in Canton? I think they have 5 or 6 fields. Would take a lot of juggling but can't think of any other complex with that many fields.

• mistero said... (original post)What kind of poll is that yes or yes?

One where everyone knows the correct answer is yes.

• TomServo said... (original post)Literally every single play you watch is potentially sacrificing a player's health for your personal enjoyment of watching the game.

I think you get my point. Players enter the sport knowing the risks. Broken bones, torn ACL's, and the like. Players do not enter the sport wholly accepting that they may contract COVID-19.

• CLErocks said... (original post)I think you get my point. Players enter the sport knowing the risks. Broken bones, torn ACL's, and the like. Players do not enter the sport wh...

Then they can opt out. They can contract COVID-19 playing football, going to the gym, going to the doctor, going to the store, the bar, etc. In the majority of cases, I don’t know an exact number, lets say 97% of the injuries that happen on a football field will be worse than their potential bout with COVID.

• TomServo said... (original post)Literally every single play you watch is potentially sacrificing a player's health for your personal enjoyment of watching the game.

Yes. Its all barbaric. We like Nick Chubb because he averages 5 yards everytime he carries the ball. If he averaged 3 we wouldn’t like him. He could tear his acl and we would be upset, because it will lower our enjoyment since the Browns wouldn’t be as good. If they put in Kareem Hunt or some other guy and that guy ran for 1800 yards and 25 tds we would not care if the Browns cut Chubb. If he signed with the Ravens some would call him a traitor and boo him.

We only like or care about any player for personal enjoyment.

• Every business is open for “money”

But Odell who’s 28 and will never need for a dollar if he’s smart doesn’t understand he’s in the .000000001%

The owners of businesses where staying open means people go to work do it to help those folks continue to buy food and shelter at its basic contest...... in the nfl for every 1 person worth 10mil there are probably 20 employees that need the nfl and their job to feed their families

Businesses do open for money, sure; but to think an nfl owner is just doing it for his/her pocket book is ignorant

• JimmyHaslam said... (original post)Yes. Its all barbaric. We like Nick Chubb because he averages 5 yards everytime he carries the ball. If he averaged 3 we wouldn’t like him. He c...

I would take Chubb to Mack and Hunt to a Byner type anyday. Even more if the both hit 1000. I think they can in Stefanski's offense and thusly both having longer careers.

If they would have followed Sweden we would be back to normal. Amazing how Sweden was bashed and they have the best death chart of anyone.

Herd works - they also do no masks in Sweden and it worked.

• JimmyHaslam said... (original post)Yes. Its all barbaric. We like Nick Chubb because he averages 5 yards everytime he carries the ball. If he averaged 3 we wouldn’t like him. He c...

user generated

Some posts are just too damn real.

Beckham goes out and puts up 1300 yds and 10 tds ain’t nobody gonna say sh!!!t.

This “story” is nothing but fake news.

This post was edited by bluedevilbrowns 5 months ago

• I thought their conclusion was that they needed more research into long term effects? This certainly bears monitoring.

This post was edited by Ole1Sock 5 months ago