Poll: Odell Thinks NFL Should Cancel?

Poll: Odell Thinks NFL Should Cancel?

Arrow0
  • Ole1Sock said... (original post)I did a 15 month deployment to Iraq back in 2008-2009. That was ROUGH.

I can’t even imagine. A ship’s living conditions were amazing compared to the Army’s living outdoors, cleaning your body with baby wipes, digging a hole then crapping in the woods etc. I’ve been to Dubai and Bahrain, but thank god not Iraq or Afghanistan or any place like that.

• JimmyHaslam said... (original post)I can’t even imagine. A ship’s living conditions were amazing compared to the Army’s living outdoors, cleaning your body with baby wipes, diggin...

It’s not bad. Port-a-Johns were clean and we had mini-trailers and A/C tents instead of anything really rough. It was just seeing the same thing day...after day...after day. I don’t think I could do prison.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)It’s not bad. Port-a-Johns were clean and we had mini-trailers and A/C tents instead of anything really rough. It was just seeing the same thing da...

Me either. Been watching World’s Toughest Prisons on Netflix

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)I did a 15 month deployment to Iraq back in 2008-2009. That was ROUGH.

Where were you stationed?

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)It’s not bad. Port-a-Johns were clean and we had mini-trailers and A/C tents instead of anything really rough. It was just seeing the same thing da...

Yeah, I spent a little bit of time in county jail (60 days) for drinking and driving. No one was harmed in my stupidity thank whoever you pray to.

But yeah man jail sucks lol I was sentenced already & just doing my time but the majority in there were waiting to be sentenced/ go to prison. Those folks were just ready to get sentenced/go to prison and get their time started. Sad really looking back, but when I was there I had a finite time that I knew was coming to an end.

Long story short jails boring as ***** lol
  • StephenThomas said... (original post)Where were you stationed?

First deployment was a little spot in the north called Q-West (Qayarrah West). Got a USO visit up there from a comedian named Bruce Jingles one time.

My mercifully much shorter second tour was in Basra.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)First deployment was a little spot in the north called Q-West (Qayarrah West). Got a USO visit up there from a comedian named Bruce Jingles one tim...

Have done a handful of tours through IRaq, but not to either of those spots, as I recall. (Not seeing my act likely made your deployment less painful.)

Thanks for your service.

• Thank all of you who have served, thankfully I did not as I would have been the worst soldier of all time. I have little respect for authority figures, had exactly zero when I was 18. Hell, I don’t even camp, hunt, or fish, could you imagine me in ‘Nam?

The year I turned 18 was the year the govt announced they weren’t drafting anyone as Vietnam was winding down. My fellow 18 yr olds and I got so drunk, maybe as drunk as I‘ve ever been in my life. That was one of the few nights I spent in the woods, most of us passed out on picnic tables in a park, no way in hell we could walk home much less drive.

My dad was a master sergeant in WWII, my brother was on the Forrestal when a large hole blew in the flight deck. After that happened my dad was fine with me not going.

Anyway, thanks for your service, I couldn’t have done it.

• They should play the season, and let fans in. If some fans and players don't want to go, that's fine. Those who want go should be allowed.

• otto1946 said... (original post)I have little faith we will have a season this year. If the government had just gotten their ***** together and mandated masks and social distancin...

if football is the least of your worries, then why are you here?

The government HAS to do what's best for the country, not for you personally. You want to wear a mask, wear it. You want to stay home for 6 months, do it. The rest of us HAVE to get on with it.

What if EVERYBODY stayed home for 6 months? What you gonna eat? store is closed. Sick? Dr is at home. House on fire? guess you gotta put it out yourself.

Yes, yes, yes, it's the governments fault you lost a relative. They FORCED them out into a infected world. Or did they do it all by themselves?

• poppa9601 said... (original post)if football is the least of your worries, then why are you here?The government HAS to do what's best for the country, not for you personally. ...

Poppa,

Show a little compassion maybe, yelling at someone who lost a family member isn’t a good look. I understand we’re all stressed right now but yelling in caps is not an effective way to make a point.

A vacation is in your immediate future if anything close to this happens again.

This post was edited by JerrySherk 1 month ago

• In 2009 President Obama didn't cancel the 2009 NFL season and H1N1 claimed upwards of 500,000 lives. Why do we want to cancel this season when this pandemic isn't even close to as bad.
    Something just does make any sense to me.
    Maybe because H1N1 took younger lives and today's pandemic is taking older lives. Older people have all the money, maybe that's why.
    That's it...its all about the benjamins..

• doobiewa said... (original post)In 2009 President Obama didn't cancel the 2009 NFL season and H1N1 claimed upwards of 500,000 lives. Why do we want to cancel this season when ...

Where are you getting your statistics from? H1N1 was nowhere near as bad as Covid-19.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html

• Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.**

• doobiewa said... (original post)In 2009 President Obama didn't cancel the 2009 NFL season and H1N1 claimed upwards of 500,000 lives. Why do we want to cancel this season when ...

Um, what.

• doobiewa said... (original post)Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated....

And over 700,000 have already died from Covid. And we’re not even through the year.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

• Here's another stat that's puzzling..
    On average 7,000 people die in the US everyday from motorcycle accidents, heat attacks, influenza, cancer and so on.
    Yet since this pandemic, little to no up tick in deaths has been noticed. Why is that. I'm not seeing enough reasoning to shut down the NFL other than protecting older people with money. My thinking may well be askew.. I just dont get it.

• doobiewa said... (original post)Here's another stat that's puzzling..On average 7,000 people die in the US everyday from motorcycle accidents, heat attacks, influenza, c...

Cite your source for those stats, please.

• bringbackjohnny said... (original post)If they would have followed Sweden we would be back to normal. Amazing how Sweden was bashed and they have the best death chart of anyone.He...

You might want to check your facts.

As of today, Sweden has 570 Deaths Per Million people. U.S. has 487. (6% of Swedes tested positive for antibodies.)

Other Scandanavian countries: Norway: 47 DPM, Finland 60 DPM. Care to guess if these countries locked down?

Reference: https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/total-covid-deaths-per-million

This article describes the US as an "Accidental Sweden" for obvious reasons.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/15/covid19-accidental-sweden-fall-could-be-catastrophic/

• KMSbuck said... (original post)You might want to check your facts.As of today, Sweden has 570 Deaths Per Million people. U.S. has 487. (6% of Swedes tested positive for antibodies...

I will say I have a theory about antibody tests: if we have T-cell immunity but antibodies fade quickly, the antibody tests may not tell us what we need to know.

But yes, bbj is WILDLY off base.

• doobiewa said... (original post)Here's another stat that's puzzling..On average 7,000 people die in the US everyday from motorcycle accidents, heat attacks, influenza, c...

Because CDC does not tabulate deaths for the current year in real time. It’s not puzzling.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)I will say I have a theory about antibody tests: if we have T-cell immunity but antibodies fade quickly, the antibody tests may not tell us what we ...

Most antibody tests themselves only tell us if you've been infected, they don't tell you if you have the right kind of antibodies to fight another infection.

There are also theories that some of us may be carrying natural immunity, but until we can determine who has it and how to measure it, the theory is useless (and potentially giving some a false sense of security) at this point.

• KMSbuck said... (original post)Most antibody tests themselves only tell us if you've been infected, they don't tell you if you have the right kind of antibodies to fight ...

You’re correct. I didn’t mean to say I had any idea if I was correct or not.

You are wrong. Just saw last night on a news segment called Verify that H1N1 claimed 12,000 lives in one year. We have lost over 160,000 in 8 months? I of course are just talking about the US

I’ll go dig for a link and be back.

“ Currently there are 1,551,0450 confirmed coronavirus cases, with 632,833 deaths. At the end of the 2009/10 Swine Flu pandemic, confirmed cases and deaths from H1N1 stood at 1.6 million and 18,448, respectively. However, as aforementioned, the estimations are much higher, suggesting that the current coronavirus figures could also be a long way off the reality.

According to recent comments made by the Director General of the WHO, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the coronavirus is ten times deadlier than the swine flu outbreak a decade ago.

“We know that Covid-19 spreads fast and we know that it is deadly – ten times deadlier than the 2009 flu pandemic. We know that the virus can spread more easily in crowded environments like nursing homes. We know that early case finding, testing, isolating, caring for every case, and tracing every contact is essential for stopping transmission.“

https://see.news/coronavirus-h1n1-pandemic-deadlier-dangerous/

“ While a monovalent (H1N1)pdm09 vaccine was produced, it was not available in large quantities until late November—after the peak of illness during the second wave had come and gone in the United States. From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.“

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html

This post was edited by JerrySherk 1 month ago

• JerrySherk said... (original post)You are wrong. Just saw last night on a news segment called Verify that H1N1 claimed 12,000 lives in one year. We have lost over 160,000 in 8 mon...

I already posted one.