Shame of it all

Shame of it all

Arrow10
  • If those crazy 8 seconds didn’t happen vs Pittsburgh we would be 7-6 now and headed to the playoffs despite all the other drama

Myles would of made the difference in Pittsburgh and even a potential loss vs ravens likely would not be enough to keep us out of the tournament

That Rudolph is the Steelers MVP

Not to mention the hysterical media

• Discussion
  • MikeFromRochester said... (original post) If those crazy 8 seconds didn’t happen vs Pittsburgh we would be 7-6 now and headed to the playoffs despite all the other drama Myles wou...

Are you serious?
  • Not sure I understand. Wait, I’m sure I don’t understand.

• Tend to agree. I think we beat Pittsburgh again with Myles.

• MikeFromRochester said... (original post) If those crazy 8 seconds didn’t happen vs Pittsburgh we would be 7-6 now and headed to the playoffs despite all the other drama Myles wou...

Steelers unfortunately just have a good system for plug and play, EVEN WITH injuries. I don't know how they do it. 8-5 with injuries everywhere. That said, I think we beat them with Myles and with Robinson in the lineup.

Bills are starting to get it, as are the Titans.

Browns are a finesse team. Revamp the team one last time and build a program that's sustainable for the long term like the Steelers and Patriots.

This post was edited by kosartoslaughter 1 month ago

• Junkin said... (original post) Not sure I understand. Wait, I’m sure I don’t understand.

Use your imagination
  • kosartoslaughter said... (original post) Steelers unfortunately just have a good system for plug and play, EVEN WITH injuries. I don't know how they do it. 8-5 with injuries every...

The whole injury thing is waaay overblown imo. That defense ain't missing much.
  • Another. Myles. Helmet. Thread.

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post) Steelers unfortunately just have a good system for plug and play, EVEN WITH injuries.

WE should get one of those "systems." Sounds like a good thing. I keep hearing about quarterbacks with off-the-wall stats and W-L records and people say, well, he's not that good, he's just a system QB. Or it doesn't matter who the QB is because they have a system.

I say, let's petition the Browns and demand WE get a system.

• I agree 100% OP

• You have a point but it might turn out to be a good thing long term if potato head gets fired

• OLROY said... (original post) The whole injury thing is waaay overblown imo. That defense ain't missing much.

They also have their NEXT years 1st round pick (Minkah) playing on a loaded defense.

• OpiesGo said... (original post) They also have their NEXT years 1st round pick (Minkah) playing on a loaded defense.

Speaking of overblown...fitzpatrick.
  • Woooha said... (original post) Another. Myles. Helmet. Thread.

Whooo hah!

• OpiesGo said... (original post) They also have their NEXT years 1st round pick (Minkah) playing on a loaded defense.

The best one should hope for is they are stuck in 7-9/9-7 hell, even with a great D. No bad seasons where they can rebuild and get a good QB, but not good enough to get beyond the first round of the playoffs, even if that's possible.

• KSU_Buck said... (original post) You have a point but it might turn out to be a good thing long term if potato head gets fired

Yeah, that's how the Pats and Stealers do it. They fired their coaches every year. Moron.

• poppa9601 said... (original post) Yeah, that's how the Pats and Stealers do it. They fired their coaches every year. Moron.

The Pats and the Steelers don’t hire incompitent clowns to coach their team.

• KSU_Buck said... (original post) The Pats and the Steelers don’t hire incompitent clowns to coach their team.

Bingo.
  • The Pats and the Steelers also have stable ownership groups. Coincidence?

FWIW, I’m starting to come around on the Haslams.

• 54321TouchdownBrowns said... (original post) Tend to agree. I think we beat Pittsburgh again with Myles.

Only if Myles has suddenly learned how to play both DE and at least 2-4 positions on offense.

Do people seriously forget that there's an offense and defense in football?

• CLErocks said... (original post) Only if Myles has suddenly learned how to play both DE and at least 2-4 positions on offense. Do people seriously forget that there's an offe...

Don’t remember the second Pittsburgh game, eh? (Hint: no pass rush and the Steelers only moved the ball on long developing chunk plays)

This post was edited by Ole1Sock 1 month ago

• CLErocks said... (original post) Only if Myles has suddenly learned how to play both DE and at least 2-4 positions on offense. Do people seriously forget that there's an offe...

We led 10-0. With Myles, maybe they don't hit those passes..they don't get those two scores before the half. With the lead, we run the ball more than we did and their pass rush doesn't become the factor that it did. I can see an ugly 16-6 type win. Of course, we don't know how it would have played out.

• JoeClevelandFann said... (original post) WE should get one of those "systems." Sounds like a good thing. I keep hearing about quarterbacks with off-the-wall stats and W-...

Tomlin and the Steelers have been cultivating that culture for over a decade. Let’s not forget that Tomlin took over probably the best gig in football at the time. He captained a ship that was already sailing at top speed. Great defense, great running game and I think most of the coaches stayed on the staff. I know dick lebaeu stayed. He tweeted things but it was an up and running system. Over the years they’ve change some things but most of the time they promote coaches from within the org. So the teaching stays the same year in and out. They don’t play in the free agent market much so they keep players for years and they learn the system and when they go in for an injured player the drop off is not as extreme as with teams not built that way. NE is the same as are a couple other teams but you can’t manufacture that, it comes over years of consistency.

That being said Tomlin has done a great job this year ( it sucks to say it but true). Their defense is one of the best and so is their OLine and that’s what keeps them in games. The rest of the team is making just enough plays to get them the wins.

It would have been interesting if Myles was in there - I think those big plays would have been harder to come by. To bad for us cause I think we would hVe squeezed in the playoffs now it’s a Hail Mary situation.

• Honestly, none of us know how anything would be with or without the incident.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post) The Pats and the Steelers also have stable ownership groups. Coincidence?FWIW, I’m starting to come around on the Haslams.

I'm a fan of Dee. I think she gets it more than Jimmy does. Jimmy comes across as an impatient major booster to a big time college program. (Not necessarily a bad thing, just who he is..)

Dee comes across as having a better understanding of building a successful corporate structure for the long term. Get good, competent people and let them do their jobs. Put them in position to succeed. If they're not good, competent people, then they become former employees.

• schafrath said... (original post) I'm a fan of Dee. I think she gets it more than Jimmy does. Jimmy comes across as an impatient major booster to a big time college program. ...

Dee was Hue's biggest advocate.