Shame of it all

Shame of it all

Arrow10
  • KSU_Buck said... (original post) The Pats and the Steelers don’t hire incompitent clowns to coach their team.

BB was 5-11his first year in NE. He also had 4 losing seasons to 1 winning season in Cleveland. Tomlin walked into a team what 2 or 3 years removed from a Super Bowl and had a top notch D and run game with a HOF DC, a proven staff and a rock solid organization.

Just saying.

• Animaleyz said... (original post) Dee was Hue's biggest advocate.

No one gets it right all of the time.

• When Freddie is your HC he can lose a game no matter how stacked your roster is. Give Freddie a 10-0 lead against a street QB and he will find a way to lose.

• bringbackjohnny said... (original post) When Freddie is your HC he can lose a game no matter how stacked your roster is. Give Freddie a 10-0 lead against a street QB and he will f...

So Freddie didn’t have anything to do with getting the 10-0 lead, but only losing the lead? Interdasting.

• Animaleyz said... (original post) Dee was Hue's biggest advocate.

He was her Achilles heel. I don’t think she likes Freddie, so she’s redeemed herself.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post) Don’t remember the second Pittsburgh game, eh? (Hint: no pass rush and the Steelers only moved the ball on long developing chunk plays)

Oh, sure I remember it. Defense looked awful, but then again, so did the offense if I'm remembering correctly, hence my remarks above.

• 54321TouchdownBrowns said... (original post) We led 10-0. With Myles, maybe they don't hit those passes..they don't get those two scores before the half. With the lead, ...

It was a great start, and I'm not saying Myles wouldn't have made a difference in the game, but 13 points isn't going to beat a lot of teams in the NFL, especially when the opponent is at home.

• CLErocks said... (original post) It was a great start, and I'm not saying Myles wouldn't have made a difference in the game, but 13 points isn't going to beat a lot ...

I just think we score more than 13 if Myles is in that game and helps shutdown their offense. I think we run the ball more..stay more on balance..and neutralize that pass rush of theirs. Thats what changed the game in their favor..hitting those chunk plays and then getting after Baker.

• 54321TouchdownBrowns said... (original post) I just think we score more than 13 if Myles is in that game and helps shutdown their offense. I think we run the ball more..stay more ...

Cards **** the bed and couldn't close the deal.

The Steelers loss still haunts me. It was our best shot at the playoffs, honestly. We should be 7-6 or 8-5 and at least controlling our own destiny for the #5 or #6 seed.

• OLROY said... (original post) Speaking of overblown...fitzpatrick.

Is this comedy?

Dude has thrust their D and team back to life single handedly .... I thought it was a joke on them ... I giggled ... but he’s proven to be well worth it ....

and I giggled at Ramsey in LA .... wrong again .... and the dude from Detroit traded to Seattle ....

I stand corrected how one guy in the defensive backfield can have an immediate and immaculate impact!

So I’m assuming you were joking

• The Browns should have won the 2nd Steelers game. I wouldn’t trade the helmet hit for it. It’s the most joy the Browns have given me in almost 30 years.

“They may take our playoffs but they’ll never take our helmet!”

-Wallace

This post was edited by DrunkenBuckeye 1 month ago

• DrunkenBuckeye said... (original post) The Browns should have won the 2nd Steelers game. I wouldn’t trade the helmet hit for it. It’s the most joy the Browns have given me in almo...

This is the proper mindset. You people are wound too tight. And at this stage it doesnt matter.

• SirDiggs said... (original post) Is this comedy? Dude has thrust their D and team back to life single handedly .... I thought it was a joke on them ... I giggled ... but he’s prov...

Not joking. He's late to the ball and has been the beneficiary of some lucky plays...the incomplete pass he returned for a td. He's not worth a 1st rder.
    https://youtu.be/JGGVqtpvG20
  • OLROY said... (original post) Not joking. He's late to the ball and has been the beneficiary of some lucky plays...the incomplete pass he returned for a td. He's not wor...

Agree to disagree .... some folks call “luck” a “ball hawk” .... I wish some of our guys are as lucky as him ... to your point about a future first rounder for him - sure it’s a lot - but he turned their “this season” around and he is a cornerstone for next season .... Bottom line is he’s a stooler and we should not waste another breath of discussion on those turd sniffers ....

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post) Steelers unfortunately just have a good system for plug and play, EVEN WITH injuries. I don't know how they do it. 8-5 with injuries ...

The Steelers did two big things . They got rid of the drama .

For all the complaining about Freddie and discipline, how did mike Tomlin handle Antonio brown and Big Ben and the drama with laveon bell last year ?

The Steelers got rid of two of the three and the third got injured .

The Steelers actually traded a first round pick away to get Fitzpatrick. The browns gave away a big physical safety in peppers to get a finesse receiver .

The Steelers committed to the run and have big physical TEs .

The browns went for the flash and got soft this offseason when they lost zeitler peppers ogbah fells Charles duke .

Then they signed Harris and got obj

Obj is a very talented receiver but he is not the main ingredient . He is the icing on the cake ( the last piece to the puzzle) and Dorsey skipped steps in the process .

Does anybody think the ravens would be as good if they addressed the oline and TE position like the browns the last two years ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2019/12/02/ravens-offensive-line-lamar-jackson

The ravens built the oline with the drafting of Lamar . Does anybody think Lamar would be as good in Cleveland with this oline ?

This post was edited by butchfan 1 month ago

• butchfan said... (original post) The Steelers did two big things . They got rid of the drama . For all the complaining about Freddie and discipline, how did mike Tomlin handle Ant...

Browns need to go back to their roots.

Run the ball, stop the run, and build great lines. QB as a complementary piece.

That's the quickest way to being a contender and stabilizing a franchise. Dorsey didn't do "horrible," per se, but the assets he got weren't enough to justify the high risks he took. I won't say any more about Dorsey after this.

In fairness, some of it is also due to Freddie. He's gonzo.

And the players share blame too. Even Baker, whom I love. But he's not performing.

This post was edited by kosartoslaughter 1 month ago

• butchfan said... (original post) The Steelers did two big things . They got rid of the drama . For all the complaining about Freddie and discipline, how did mike Tomlin handle Ant...

Yeah, let's keep pretending like Pittsburgh doesn't suck.
  • kosartoslaughter said... (original post) Browns need to go back to their roots.Run the ball, stop the run, and build great lines. QB as a complementary piece.That's the quickest w...

So, an OL-man is a "steady build", but a DL-man is a "splash move"? Got it.
  • peeode said... (original post) Yeah, let's keep pretending like Pittsburgh doesn't suck.

They are well coached...